Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Any advice for a university student desperately looking for a summer job?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Any advice for a university student desperately looking for a summer job?

Hello everyone,

I am currently studying Insurance in Ireland and really want to work in Switzerland this coming summer for 3-4 months starting May. I am looking for an insurance related position but will gladly accept a banking/finance job also. My mother tongue is English so would therefore prefer a job using this language. As I do study French also, I don't think my level is sufficient enough to speak it at a professional level. My issue is that I don't know exactly how to go about looking for this type of job in switzerland. I have looked at Swiss job web sites but cannot find many temporary positions.

Any help at all will be most appreciated,

Clara

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

I am currently studying Insurance in Ireland and really want to work in Switzerland this coming summer for 3-4 months starting May. I am looking for an insurance related position but will gladly accept a banking/finance job also. My mother tongue is English so would therefore prefer a job using this language. As I do study French also, I don't think my level is sufficient enough to speak it at a professional level. My issue is that I don't know exactly how to go about looking for this type of job in switzerland. I have looked at Swiss job web sites but cannot find many temporary positions.

Any help at all will be most appreciated,

Clara

Clara GallagherFeb 19, 2010 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 3858 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Any advice for a university student desperately looking for a summer job?
Post 1

Hey Clara. I decided to take a bigger risk and come here during the winter and get a job from now through the summer to get paid for the rest of college. It was a lot harder but I'm glad I found a job less than a month later. I was very fortunate as I feel Switzerland makes it rather difficult for some people depending what job you want. That said, I am in Geneva which isn't a piece of cake to begin with.

I'd say summer will hold a lot more options in store for you. Approaching the time you want to come look for job search sites like jobup and jobs.ch

You can refine your search for just English speaking and so on. Summer jobs are a lot easier to find. Be patient and good luck!

Hey Clara. I decided to take a bigger risk and come here during the winter and get a job from now through the summer to get paid for the rest of college. It was a lot harder but I'm glad I found a job less than a month later. I was very fortunate as I feel Switzerland makes it rather difficult for some people depending what job you want. That said, I am in Geneva which isn't a piece of cake to begin with.

I'd say summer will hold a lot more options in store for you. Approaching the time you want to come look for job search sites like jobup and jobs.ch

You can refine your search for just English speaking and so on. Summer jobs are a lot easier to find. Be patient and good luck!

Markus Aedo, Feb 25, 2010 @ 00:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Any advice for a university student desperately looking for a summer job?
Post 2

Hell Gieb,

I just saw your reply here and I am searching for an interntihip placment in Geneva. I just sent you my CV to your email stated. Thanks for your help. 

zenya

Hell Gieb,

I just saw your reply here and I am searching for an interntihip placment in Geneva. I just sent you my CV to your email stated. Thanks for your help. 

zenya

zenya k, Nov 30, 2014 @ 00:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 3858 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form