Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Activities for Children in Geneva Centre

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Activities for Children in Geneva Centre

I'm looking after two children (aged 3 and 6) and need some idea's for outings at the start of January in Geneva. We would have to commute on public transport so somewhere thats not far from Cornavin really, via bus or train. Plus not something overly expensive... I don't know the area too well yet so have no idea's of my own!

Cheers,

Andy

The text you are quoting:

I'm looking after two children (aged 3 and 6) and need some idea's for outings at the start of January in Geneva. We would have to commute on public transport so somewhere thats not far from Cornavin really, via bus or train. Plus not something overly expensive... I don't know the area too well yet so have no idea's of my own!

Cheers,

Andy

cdiplacidDec 24, 2009 @ 20:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1941 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Activities for Children in Geneva Centre
Post 1

I forget the exact name of the place, but at Palexpo, there is something set up for kids for another few weeks, i think. Trampolines, little cars, things to climb, bouncy castles, etc. I took my son there a few weeks ago. It was good for an afternoon.

:)

Good luck. If you find other options, be sure to post them here for future reference.

I forget the exact name of the place, but at Palexpo, there is something set up for kids for another few weeks, i think. Trampolines, little cars, things to climb, bouncy castles, etc. I took my son there a few weeks ago. It was good for an afternoon.

:)

Good luck. If you find other options, be sure to post them here for future reference.

Zonker, Dec 26, 2009 @ 19:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Zonker,

Thank you for that - I shall certainly enquire into it, it sounds like a fun afternoon!

Cheers

Hi Zonker,

Thank you for that - I shall certainly enquire into it, it sounds like a fun afternoon!

Cheers

cdiplacid, Dec 26, 2009 @ 19:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I live near Geneva center and have a 2 year old daughter - so here are some possibilities that I am aware of:

1. Jardin Botanique

It is a nice botanical garden and they have even a few animals to look at (rabbits, goose etc.). from spring to fall they even have an old carousel for children there. It is easy accessible with bus - just check the web.

2. Boat ride on a "mouettes"

The small yellow boats (mouettes) belong to the TPG (public transport Geneva) and you can freely use them when you have a valid pass (there are 1 hour passes, day passes and monthly passes - just check the web) . Children under 6 ride free on public transport. The boad ride with one of the 4 lines is cool and makes fun. You can combine a ride with feeding the swans on the lakeshore.

3. Visiting museums

The public museums (Nature and history museum & Arts and History museum) have fee entrance to their general exhibitions. That is a good option for a rainy day. Especially the Nature and history museum is very interesting to children! There is another museum dediacted to the history of the city Geneva - called "Maison Tavel". It is in the center of the old town.

That's it from my side - I could tell you lots more - but these would be further away from where you are looking for.

All the best

Elli

I live near Geneva center and have a 2 year old daughter - so here are some possibilities that I am aware of:

1. Jardin Botanique

It is a nice botanical garden and they have even a few animals to look at (rabbits, goose etc.). from spring to fall they even have an old carousel for children there. It is easy accessible with bus - just check the web.

2. Boat ride on a "mouettes"

The small yellow boats (mouettes) belong to the TPG (public transport Geneva) and you can freely use them when you have a valid pass (there are 1 hour passes, day passes and monthly passes - just check the web) . Children under 6 ride free on public transport. The boad ride with one of the 4 lines is cool and makes fun. You can combine a ride with feeding the swans on the lakeshore.

3. Visiting museums

The public museums (Nature and history museum & Arts and History museum) have fee entrance to their general exhibitions. That is a good option for a rainy day. Especially the Nature and history museum is very interesting to children! There is another museum dediacted to the history of the city Geneva - called "Maison Tavel". It is in the center of the old town.

That's it from my side - I could tell you lots more - but these would be further away from where you are looking for.

All the best

Elli

Elisabeth H, Mar 1, 2010 @ 21:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Yatouland in Vernier-nice place for kids between 2-9 years on a rainy day.

Maybritt

Yatouland in Vernier-nice place for kids between 2-9 years on a rainy day.

Maybritt

Maybritt R, Mar 1, 2010 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

There are 12 "ludotheques" or play areas dotted around Geneva. They are run bz the Canton so well equipped  with toys and games for all ages and best of all free! Children must be accompanied by a parent or adult but the centres also have qualified supervising staff who are very friendly and helpful. The one near us in St Jean is excellent. 

Link to the info page on the Cantonal website: http://www.ville-geneve.ch/themes/petite-enfance-jeunesse-loisirs/activites-extrascolaires/ludotheques/

Regards

Sam

Woodhouse Carpentry & Custom Furniture

079 763 58 97
www.wood-house.ch
[email protected]

Office & post : Rue de Saint Jean 23, 1203 Geneve.
Workshop address : Route du Nant D'Avril 51, 1214 Vernier

There are 12 "ludotheques" or play areas dotted around Geneva. They are run bz the Canton so well equipped  with toys and games for all ages and best of all free! Children must be accompanied by a parent or adult but the centres also have qualified supervising staff who are very friendly and helpful. The one near us in St Jean is excellent. 

Link to the info page on the Cantonal website: http://www.ville-geneve.ch/themes/petite-enfance-jeunesse-loisirs/activites-extrascolaires/ludotheques/

Regards

Sam

Woodhouse Carpentry & Custom Furniture

079 763 58 97
www.wood-house.ch
[email protected]

Office & post : Rue de Saint Jean 23, 1203 Geneve.
Workshop address : Route du Nant D'Avril 51, 1214 Vernier

SamW, Aug 18, 2016 @ 08:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jan 1, 70 01:00

The original post dates back to 2010.... ; )

The original post dates back to 2010.... ; )

Reka Y, Aug 18, 2016 @ 12:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1941 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form