Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Affordable jewelry shop in Geneva or near it?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Affordable jewelry shop in Geneva or near it?

Hi guys, 

Valentine is coming up and I want to buy my girlfriend a promise ring. Can you recommend a place for me to go jewelry shopping while still being able to pay rent?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi guys, 

Valentine is coming up and I want to buy my girlfriend a promise ring. Can you recommend a place for me to go jewelry shopping while still being able to pay rent?

Thanks!

Sarah AJan 29, 2014 @ 16:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 4275 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Affordable jewelry shop in Geneva or near it?
Post 1

Hi,

If you're not looking for something strictly classical, i.e. diamond & gold, you should have a look at one of my favourite shop, Oyela (rue Leschot, in the Plainpalais area).

They have a wide range of silver jewels (no gold), with or without semi-precious stones, as well as some great ethnic jewelry.

By the way, it's also a good address to have your silver jewelry repaired; I gave them once a ring wich had become too small for me ... as new !

They also have clothings (got my yoga pants there), bags, incense, singing bowls and a few other things for gift Smile

Check before you go, I think they're open in the afternoon only (?).

Hi,

If you're not looking for something strictly classical, i.e. diamond & gold, you should have a look at one of my favourite shop, Oyela (rue Leschot, in the Plainpalais area).

They have a wide range of silver jewels (no gold), with or without semi-precious stones, as well as some great ethnic jewelry.

By the way, it's also a good address to have your silver jewelry repaired; I gave them once a ring wich had become too small for me ... as new !

They also have clothings (got my yoga pants there), bags, incense, singing bowls and a few other things for gift Smile

Check before you go, I think they're open in the afternoon only (?).

Catherine Magnin, Jan 30, 2014 @ 21:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Goldhaus near gare have the best prices! 

Goldhaus near gare have the best prices! 

Mona Hadi, Jan 30, 2014 @ 22:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Katrien L, intresting to see - you promote baunat all over - you must be working for them!

As for buying jewellery, go to a professional shop: There are many in Geneva and all over Switzerland.

You will get quality for money - and if you ask to pay cash, in most shops, you get a special deal.

Happy shopping. Cool

Katrien L, intresting to see - you promote baunat all over - you must be working for them!

As for buying jewellery, go to a professional shop: There are many in Geneva and all over Switzerland.

You will get quality for money - and if you ask to pay cash, in most shops, you get a special deal.

Happy shopping. Cool

SWISS, Sep 12, 2014 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Swiss, interesting reply. I am indeed a professional GIA Diamond Grader, and can only advise everyone, when looking for diamonds in a brick and mortar shop or online, to look for certified diamonds, certified by an independant lab, like GIA, HRD, IGI. And only then compare prices. I have no idea what you define as professional, since in both offline and online business, you will find professionals and non-professionals, as in any other business...

Wishing you a nice weekend.

Hi Swiss, interesting reply. I am indeed a professional GIA Diamond Grader, and can only advise everyone, when looking for diamonds in a brick and mortar shop or online, to look for certified diamonds, certified by an independant lab, like GIA, HRD, IGI. And only then compare prices. I have no idea what you define as professional, since in both offline and online business, you will find professionals and non-professionals, as in any other business...

Wishing you a nice weekend.

Katrien L, Sep 13, 2014 @ 12:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 4275 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form