Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Are there any cinemas showing movies in English WITHOUT subtitles?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Are there any cinemas showing movies in English WITHOUT subtitles?

I appreciate that this is a very specific request, but I would like to see the new Star Wars movie, and in an ideal world this would be without any subtitles.

Does anyone have any ideas whether this is at all possible in Geneva?  Or does every movie come with subtitles over here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

The text you are quoting:

I appreciate that this is a very specific request, but I would like to see the new Star Wars movie, and in an ideal world this would be without any subtitles.

Does anyone have any ideas whether this is at all possible in Geneva?  Or does every movie come with subtitles over here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

John WNov 22, 2015 @ 23:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1785 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Are there any cinemas showing movies in English WITHOUT subtitles?
Post 1

All the movies come with Subtitles in both French and German, even if it's in the original language. The new Star Wars movie will probably show on both Pathe and Arena Cinemas.

At Arena you can already reserve your tickets online.

https://www.arena.ch/fr/geneve/horaires-et-billets/achat-billets?MovieTitle=force&StartDate=2015-12-16

All the movies come with Subtitles in both French and German, even if it's in the original language. The new Star Wars movie will probably show on both Pathe and Arena Cinemas.

At Arena you can already reserve your tickets online.

https://www.arena.ch/fr/geneve/horaires-et-billets/achat-billets?MovieTitle=force&StartDate=2015-12-16

Melanie L, Nov 23, 2015 @ 08:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Melanie.  I hope they may just have one or two showings without subtitles - I'll speak to the cinemas directly and if I find anything useful will post it here!

Thanks Melanie.  I hope they may just have one or two showings without subtitles - I'll speak to the cinemas directly and if I find anything useful will post it here!

John W, Nov 23, 2015 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi John,

In this part of Switzerland all the movies will be subtitiled to allow non-English speakers to see the movies.

In general, you can find some non-subtitled movies in original language a Grutli cinema but it will not be a big production.

All the best

Lydia

Hi John,

In this part of Switzerland all the movies will be subtitiled to allow non-English speakers to see the movies.

In general, you can find some non-subtitled movies in original language a Grutli cinema but it will not be a big production.

All the best

Lydia

Lydia B, Nov 23, 2015 @ 15:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1785 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form