Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Art classes in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Art classes in Geneva?
Does anyone know a good place to take drawing/painting classes in Geneva? I would prefer in English, but maybe I would be okay in French.

Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
Does anyone know a good place to take drawing/painting classes in Geneva? I would prefer in English, but maybe I would be okay in French.

Thanks!
kperezMar 31, 2008 @ 11:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

22 Replies | 10604 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Art classes in Geneva?
Post 1
If you find something, will you please post the info.  I'm looking for painting classes..but will do drawing.
If you find something, will you please post the info.  I'm looking for painting classes..but will do drawing.
dantan, Apr 2, 2008 @ 19:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Am pretty sure that you can do classes at Migros, but should think that they will be in French.

Have not seen any llife drawing classes tho, so if anyone knows of any pls let me know too.

Thanks

Al

Am pretty sure that you can do classes at Migros, but should think that they will be in French.

Have not seen any llife drawing classes tho, so if anyone knows of any pls let me know too.

Thanks

Al
Alison_W, Apr 2, 2008 @ 21:21

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
A life drawing workshop takes place every Tuesday from PM 6:30 until 8:30 in the centre of
Geneva close to the railway station. The cost for 2 hours is Frs 15.- which is probably the
cheapest you can find in GVA (material not included).Address: Ecomusée Voltaire, 25 rue
Vuache, Geneva.For more info email me.
A life drawing workshop takes place every Tuesday from PM 6:30 until 8:30 in the centre of
Geneva close to the railway station. The cost for 2 hours is Frs 15.- which is probably the
cheapest you can find in GVA (material not included).Address: Ecomusée Voltaire, 25 rue
Vuache, Geneva.For more info email me.
Matisse, Sep 2, 2009 @ 17:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 i know also the classes in IFAGE but is only in french, the teacher can always do an effot.
 i know also the classes in IFAGE but is only in french, the teacher can always do an effot.

Meche, Sep 10, 2009 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
http://www.l-artquarium.ch/mailing/artquariumPromo2006ENSite.html

In Eaux-Vives...
http://www.l-artquarium.ch/mailing/artquariumPromo2006ENSite.html

In Eaux-Vives...

Casuistik, Sep 10, 2009 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
 Hi,

check it out in l'Artquarium, rue du 31 décembre, they gave great painting and drawing classes and i love the ambient there ! you feel free to do what you want and they adapt their class with your goal !!
 Cheers,

Vir
 Hi,

check it out in l'Artquarium, rue du 31 décembre, they gave great painting and drawing classes and i love the ambient there ! you feel free to do what you want and they adapt their class with your goal !!
 Cheers,

Vir
vir4070, Sep 10, 2009 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Matisse

I found your post on glocals regarding Life drawing classes in Geneva. I was wondering if you have to book or can you just turn up to the life drawing class and pay as and when you attend. I'm assuming it's still 15 CHF for 2 hours on Tuesdays 6.30 - 8.30pm at Ecomusee voltaire?

Thanks

Nessrean

Hi Matisse

I found your post on glocals regarding Life drawing classes in Geneva. I was wondering if you have to book or can you just turn up to the life drawing class and pay as and when you attend. I'm assuming it's still 15 CHF for 2 hours on Tuesdays 6.30 - 8.30pm at Ecomusee voltaire?

Thanks

Nessrean

FlowerRose, Nov 10, 2009 @ 11:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Woops, I was supposed to send that message to Matisse's private inbox. If anyone else can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. x

Woops, I was supposed to send that message to Matisse's private inbox. If anyone else can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. x

FlowerRose, Nov 10, 2009 @ 14:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hello, I found your post about figure drawing sessions in Geneva.  I just arrived here and am wondering if they are still going on, do you know?

Dunja  Pelto

Hello, I found your post about figure drawing sessions in Geneva.  I just arrived here and am wondering if they are still going on, do you know?

Dunja  Pelto

Dunja P, Jan 5, 2011 @ 09:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi,

Welcome in geneva...l'Artquarium is still going on....

x

Hi,

Welcome in geneva...l'Artquarium is still going on....

x

vir4070, Jan 5, 2011 @ 09:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

This looks pretty cool -- are the courses free? I can't find anything about prices, just reserving a space. thanks!

This looks pretty cool -- are the courses free? I can't find anything about prices, just reserving a space. thanks!

Amy D, Sep 28, 2011 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

If you are looking for a high-quality oil painting course, where you will learn how to paint like the old Masters, check out the course given by Jacqueline Apel in Geneva (in English, German, or French).

http://artclassgva.blogspot.com/

Her class is part of the cultural activiteis of the University of Geneva but 50% are non-students. You don't have to wait till the beginning of the semester/season. You can start whenever you want. Jacqueline gives her students individual training at their own pace.

Be warned, you'll have to work hard, but you will REALLY learn how to paint!!

If you are looking for a high-quality oil painting course, where you will learn how to paint like the old Masters, check out the course given by Jacqueline Apel in Geneva (in English, German, or French).

http://artclassgva.blogspot.com/

Her class is part of the cultural activiteis of the University of Geneva but 50% are non-students. You don't have to wait till the beginning of the semester/season. You can start whenever you want. Jacqueline gives her students individual training at their own pace.

Be warned, you'll have to work hard, but you will REALLY learn how to paint!!

Lonneke v, Jan 28, 2012 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

I sometimes go to the Ifage drawing class on Wednesdays, which is good but more expensive than what is mentioned above.

http://www.ifage.ch/offre/cours/351903

It's near the train station, lasts about 2 hours and a half, you dont need to bring any equipment as it's provided, and you'll be in a group of 5 to 10 people taking the class. You can go whatever your level, the teacher takes time to see everyone's work seperately. It usually alternates between a male and female model.

Not sure if the teacher speaks a lot of English, but she is very nice and I am sure you can ask if you can try it out. There are more classes on the site, the Wednesday one is for live model drawing.

I sometimes go to the Ifage drawing class on Wednesdays, which is good but more expensive than what is mentioned above.

http://www.ifage.ch/offre/cours/351903

It's near the train station, lasts about 2 hours and a half, you dont need to bring any equipment as it's provided, and you'll be in a group of 5 to 10 people taking the class. You can go whatever your level, the teacher takes time to see everyone's work seperately. It usually alternates between a male and female model.

Not sure if the teacher speaks a lot of English, but she is very nice and I am sure you can ask if you can try it out. There are more classes on the site, the Wednesday one is for live model drawing.

Francois F, Jan 30, 2012 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Chia T, Feb 19, 2013 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

I just moved to Geneva in Jan 2013, and saw Jacqueline's class mentioned here (thanks Lonneke!) and subsequently on the University of Geneva's cultural activities website. I joined the class within the first week that I moved here! It's one of the few "pros" of moving to Geneva (my professor moved here from Zurich, so all of the lab had to move with him, we were not too happy about that).

After a few classes, I can highly recommend studying under Jacqueline. I have attended weekend art classes on and off throughout my childhood and up till university. However, I felt most of the classes just provided me with an opportunity to draw and paint, and didn't necessarily make me a better artist. This is the first time I feel like I am making progress every week and learning real skills. The lessons are structured, starting with a solid foundation in drawing. As Lonneke said, you'll have to work quite hard, in the sense that you have to strive for accurate drawings which takes time to do. The first two studies are making copies of Charles Bargue casts by the sight-size method, which I found tedious and frustrating at first. But at the end of the day I feel like I "see" much better and outside class, my sketches look far better than before. So the effort is really paying off :)   

Check out the class details here: http://a-c.ch/?p=5448 (and the above link by Lonneke also gives a good idea of the classes). Hope to see some of you there! 

I just moved to Geneva in Jan 2013, and saw Jacqueline's class mentioned here (thanks Lonneke!) and subsequently on the University of Geneva's cultural activities website. I joined the class within the first week that I moved here! It's one of the few "pros" of moving to Geneva (my professor moved here from Zurich, so all of the lab had to move with him, we were not too happy about that).

After a few classes, I can highly recommend studying under Jacqueline. I have attended weekend art classes on and off throughout my childhood and up till university. However, I felt most of the classes just provided me with an opportunity to draw and paint, and didn't necessarily make me a better artist. This is the first time I feel like I am making progress every week and learning real skills. The lessons are structured, starting with a solid foundation in drawing. As Lonneke said, you'll have to work quite hard, in the sense that you have to strive for accurate drawings which takes time to do. The first two studies are making copies of Charles Bargue casts by the sight-size method, which I found tedious and frustrating at first. But at the end of the day I feel like I "see" much better and outside class, my sketches look far better than before. So the effort is really paying off :)   

Check out the class details here: http://a-c.ch/?p=5448 (and the above link by Lonneke also gives a good idea of the classes). Hope to see some of you there! 

Chia T, Feb 19, 2013 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hello!

I saw a post that you made a few years ago about life drawing classes near the train station. I am new to Geneva and used to model for life drawing classes at my university in the States. I was hoping to find a similar job here and wasn't sure where to begin looking. Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you,
Kristen

Hello!

I saw a post that you made a few years ago about life drawing classes near the train station. I am new to Geneva and used to model for life drawing classes at my university in the States. I was hoping to find a similar job here and wasn't sure where to begin looking. Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you,
Kristen

Kristen G, Oct 6, 2014 @ 12:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Hello,

I am a professional artist and am starting the classes soon.

Attaching pictures of paintings that are currently work in progress

Expertise in

* Pastels

* Acrylic

* Oil

* Charcoal

* Water Colour

Please message me if you wish to take classes. 

Tks

Neena

Hello,

I am a professional artist and am starting the classes soon.

Attaching pictures of paintings that are currently work in progress

Expertise in

* Pastels

* Acrylic

* Oil

* Charcoal

* Water Colour

Please message me if you wish to take classes. 

Tks

Neena

Neena M, May 24, 2015 @ 11:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

http://www.lesateliersad.ch/

http://www.lesateliersad.ch/

albator, Oct 6, 2016 @ 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

is this still going on? if so could you please send me info on how I could join?

thanks

is this still going on? if so could you please send me info on how I could join?

thanks

K Kookie, Oct 7, 2016 @ 01:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Don't know about les ateliers but I did the art jamming at this one and it was a lot of fun: http://life-of-art.ch/

Don't know about les ateliers but I did the art jamming at this one and it was a lot of fun: http://life-of-art.ch/

assiette, Oct 7, 2016 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

hi 

im a classical painter,and i give classes,in french and in english.

my website is  costanzafineart.com

hi 

im a classical painter,and i give classes,in french and in english.

my website is  costanzafineart.com

papasogli c, Jan 20, 2017 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Dear Art Lovers,

We are delighted to invite you to our monthly Art History Course in English which takes place in the old town of Nyon.

Would you like to know all the secrets behind the most famous paintings from Old Masters to contemporary artists? 

Would you like to learn how to analyse a painting, the meaning of its colours and symbols?

You can do it by joining our 90-minute event (course, open discussion and networking session). 

The total cost is CHF 30 per event (snacks, drinks and course materials included).

You can sign up now for one of the following dates in January (limited number of places for each date): 

Lecture: “How to read a painting: decoding symbols in the Italian Old Masters’ paintings from Leonardo da Vinci to Caravaggio”:
25.01.2017 (19:00-20:30)
26.01.2017 (19:00-20:30)

Lecture: "Edvard Munch and the Art of Madness"
24.01.2017 (19.00-20.30)

Contact [email protected] for more details and to join the course. 

You can find us also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/arthistorygeneva

And on glocals: http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/art-lovers-vaud-geneva.htm

Dear Art Lovers,

We are delighted to invite you to our monthly Art History Course in English which takes place in the old town of Nyon.

Would you like to know all the secrets behind the most famous paintings from Old Masters to contemporary artists? 

Would you like to learn how to analyse a painting, the meaning of its colours and symbols?

You can do it by joining our 90-minute event (course, open discussion and networking session). 

The total cost is CHF 30 per event (snacks, drinks and course materials included).

You can sign up now for one of the following dates in January (limited number of places for each date): 

Lecture: “How to read a painting: decoding symbols in the Italian Old Masters’ paintings from Leonardo da Vinci to Caravaggio”:
25.01.2017 (19:00-20:30)
26.01.2017 (19:00-20:30)

Lecture: "Edvard Munch and the Art of Madness"
24.01.2017 (19.00-20.30)

Contact [email protected] for more details and to join the course. 

You can find us also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/arthistorygeneva

And on glocals: http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/art-lovers-vaud-geneva.htm

Anna R, Jan 20, 2017 @ 16:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
22 Replies | 10604 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form