Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Bad experience in the creche "Little Green House" in Gland

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Bad experience in the creche "Little Green House" in Gland

I just want to share the experience I had with the creche "Little Green House" in Gland. Coming back from Germany, where my kids had the chance to learn German and English on top of their French mother tongue, I was very happy to find this trilingual creche when I came back to Switzerland.

Unfortunately, when I accompanied my girl in the familiarization period, I realized that the reality was quite different from the description you can find on their website. First of all, the first criteria for us, the fact that this was trilingual, was not respected. During 2 out of the 4 familiarization days, no educators were speaking English. Moreover, the German speakers were regularly switching from German to French. On top of that, I also realized that this was an environment which was very loud. Only in the group where my daughter was supposed to go, there were up to 30 kids per day. And as there is no real structure during the day, this can become very, very loud.

I decided then to not continue with this creche, but, even if my daughter spent only 6 hours there, I had to pay more that CHF 1500.- as we started the familiarization time.

So before you enrol your kid, please think twice...

The text you are quoting:

I just want to share the experience I had with the creche "Little Green House" in Gland. Coming back from Germany, where my kids had the chance to learn German and English on top of their French mother tongue, I was very happy to find this trilingual creche when I came back to Switzerland.

Unfortunately, when I accompanied my girl in the familiarization period, I realized that the reality was quite different from the description you can find on their website. First of all, the first criteria for us, the fact that this was trilingual, was not respected. During 2 out of the 4 familiarization days, no educators were speaking English. Moreover, the German speakers were regularly switching from German to French. On top of that, I also realized that this was an environment which was very loud. Only in the group where my daughter was supposed to go, there were up to 30 kids per day. And as there is no real structure during the day, this can become very, very loud.

I decided then to not continue with this creche, but, even if my daughter spent only 6 hours there, I had to pay more that CHF 1500.- as we started the familiarization time.

So before you enrol your kid, please think twice...

Emmanuelle BApr 3, 2015 @ 22:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1985 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Bad experience in the creche "Little Green House" in Gland
Post 1

Great experience at Little Green House Gland!

I was lloking for a childcare Centre in Geneva - as it is impossible in public.

A friend of mine has both childs at Little Green House in Gland and is sooooooooooooooo happy and her kids as well.

After some research I discovered theat Little Green house is now in Geneva ... In Versoix.

Our 6 month old princess is there now and we are very happy with the team, the place and everybody is enjoying especially my princess :)

The text you are quoting:

Great experience at Little Green House Gland!

I was lloking for a childcare Centre in Geneva - as it is impossible in public.

A friend of mine has both childs at Little Green House in Gland and is sooooooooooooooo happy and her kids as well.

After some research I discovered theat Little Green house is now in Geneva ... In Versoix.

Our 6 month old princess is there now and we are very happy with the team, the place and everybody is enjoying especially my princess :)

Dominique R, May 26, 2016 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1985 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form