Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Best cell phone subscription???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Best cell phone subscription???

So, now we have debated which banks should be avoided, and which ones could be recommended. But what about cell phone subscriptions? Which one is the best for both local and international calls? Prepaid or not?

Glocals.com recommends Carte Orange. But hey, they also recommend UBS banking. Wink

Roll debate!

The text you are quoting:

So, now we have debated which banks should be avoided, and which ones could be recommended. But what about cell phone subscriptions? Which one is the best for both local and international calls? Prepaid or not?

Glocals.com recommends Carte Orange. But hey, they also recommend UBS banking. Wink

Roll debate!

Line BJan 31, 2010 @ 22:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1077 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Best cell phone subscription???
Post 1

Just speaking from my own experience here...

I bank with UBS and they have been great. 

I have Swisscom Internet and cell, and they have been a nightmare.  They have messed up EVERYTHING possible with both phone and internet.

I would avoid them if possible.

Orange seems to have a pretty good deal for Expats via Glocals.  If I was starting new I would go with them.

Just speaking from my own experience here...

I bank with UBS and they have been great. 

I have Swisscom Internet and cell, and they have been a nightmare.  They have messed up EVERYTHING possible with both phone and internet.

I would avoid them if possible.

Orange seems to have a pretty good deal for Expats via Glocals.  If I was starting new I would go with them.

JMfromTO, Jan 31, 2010 @ 23:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Best cell phone subscription???
Post 2

I use M-Budget Mobile, pay as you go - I just got the SIM.  The Coop do a similar deal.  

It cost me 20 CHF with 15 CHF credit, so you're not taking a big risk - there's no contract.  Works for me!  

If making lots of international calls you might want to look at Lebara, which I think is cheaper for international but more expensive within Switzerland.

I use M-Budget Mobile, pay as you go - I just got the SIM.  The Coop do a similar deal.  

It cost me 20 CHF with 15 CHF credit, so you're not taking a big risk - there's no contract.  Works for me!  

If making lots of international calls you might want to look at Lebara, which I think is cheaper for international but more expensive within Switzerland.

Dabbo, Feb 2, 2010 @ 19:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1077 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form