Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Best place for expat : Switzerland regress at 31 position ( 14 last year),

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Best place for expat : Switzerland regress at 31 position ( 14 last year),

La Tribune de Genève published an investigation from Internation about best place for expat.
Switzerland was in the top 5 2 years ago and now regress at 31 on 67 countries.

What do you think? Is it justified? 

http://www.tdg.ch/vivre/societe/suisse-ideale-expatries/story/25210337

The text you are quoting:

La Tribune de Genève published an investigation from Internation about best place for expat.
Switzerland was in the top 5 2 years ago and now regress at 31 on 67 countries.

What do you think? Is it justified? 

http://www.tdg.ch/vivre/societe/suisse-ideale-expatries/story/25210337

TrykyAug 29, 2016 @ 11:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1080 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Best place for expat : Switzerland regress at 31 position ( 14 last year),
Post 1

Without denying that CH may not be the most welcoming place in the world, I suspect that the fairness of the evaluations are tainted by unbalanced expectations prior to moving to the different countries.

Without denying that CH may not be the most welcoming place in the world, I suspect that the fairness of the evaluations are tainted by unbalanced expectations prior to moving to the different countries.

Casuistik, Aug 29, 2016 @ 12:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I think the influx of refugees and the overall madness in the world caused that some expats from certain origins like myself feel unwelcone in Switzerland. This is demonstrated by the way some people treat me n public. For example I was shouted at publicly by an EU passenger in Geneva airport "Terrorist"! No one moved to defend me. I still love Switzerland and happy to be working here inspite of all the chsllenges. Howevver the rating is fair.

I think the influx of refugees and the overall madness in the world caused that some expats from certain origins like myself feel unwelcone in Switzerland. This is demonstrated by the way some people treat me n public. For example I was shouted at publicly by an EU passenger in Geneva airport "Terrorist"! No one moved to defend me. I still love Switzerland and happy to be working here inspite of all the chsllenges. Howevver the rating is fair.

Nahed Z, Aug 29, 2016 @ 21:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Robi well I hope Switzerland would continue to promote objectivity and cultural acceptance and refrain from the discrimination happening in neighbouring country let it be preventing certain women from wearing what they want reaching not serving them in restaurants and public humiliation http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/28/paris-restaurant-owner-refuses-to-serve-hijab-wearing-women-as-t/. I can see their point however I cant beleive their acts. Anyways may peace and love prevail the world.

Hi Robi well I hope Switzerland would continue to promote objectivity and cultural acceptance and refrain from the discrimination happening in neighbouring country let it be preventing certain women from wearing what they want reaching not serving them in restaurants and public humiliation http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/28/paris-restaurant-owner-refuses-to-serve-hijab-wearing-women-as-t/. I can see their point however I cant beleive their acts. Anyways may peace and love prevail the world.

Nahed Z, Aug 30, 2016 @ 23:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Aug 30, 16 23:16

Can we add also Saudi, Qatar and UAE etc. letting women what they want to wear and do? I think it would be just fair. Not planning to defend the French but obviously they have been just doing the opposite; trying to keep women semi-naked in a French style.

I feel the same way about living and working in the Middle East where as a resident foreign woman you can be asked to undergo pregnancy test and if you are pregnant out of the wedlock, you pretty much can go to jail or wearing more revealing clothes, you are asked to leave for example the office etc.

But somehow no-one ever protested about this.Wink

I am sorry for your having gone through this "terrorist" thing. That must have been awful.

How do you know they were EU citizens? What did you do? I mean I would have been so shocked that I would have frozen at that place immediately.

Can we add also Saudi, Qatar and UAE etc. letting women what they want to wear and do? I think it would be just fair. Not planning to defend the French but obviously they have been just doing the opposite; trying to keep women semi-naked in a French style.

I feel the same way about living and working in the Middle East where as a resident foreign woman you can be asked to undergo pregnancy test and if you are pregnant out of the wedlock, you pretty much can go to jail or wearing more revealing clothes, you are asked to leave for example the office etc.

But somehow no-one ever protested about this.Wink

I am sorry for your having gone through this "terrorist" thing. That must have been awful.

How do you know they were EU citizens? What did you do? I mean I would have been so shocked that I would have frozen at that place immediately.

Reka Y, Aug 30, 2016 @ 23:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jan 1, 70 01:00

What seems to be pretty obvious that always women are restricted. Maybe it`s time that we take over world leadership? ; )

What seems to be pretty obvious that always women are restricted. Maybe it`s time that we take over world leadership? ; )

Reka Y, Aug 30, 2016 @ 23:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Well Reka there is a bit of misconceptions here Qstar and UAE are very open countries where women are free Saudi Arabia has its own manmade circumstances and being criticized by the whole world so please dont tell me no one protested. If you would like we can meet and continue this interesting discusdion. Am Egyptian and never heard about this pregananct test and yes tge rrligeon prohibits adultary ssme ad Chritianity or Jewish. I knew he was EU from the obvious language and looks I was buying coffee and he stood next to me started shouting. As you rightly mentioned I froze and started crying. The one thing I regret is thst I didnt report this specially having the coffee msn as a witness. Anyways we can continue this discussion offline. I beleive exvhanging thoughts and ideas is a step on the right way 

Well Reka there is a bit of misconceptions here Qstar and UAE are very open countries where women are free Saudi Arabia has its own manmade circumstances and being criticized by the whole world so please dont tell me no one protested. If you would like we can meet and continue this interesting discusdion. Am Egyptian and never heard about this pregananct test and yes tge rrligeon prohibits adultary ssme ad Chritianity or Jewish. I knew he was EU from the obvious language and looks I was buying coffee and he stood next to me started shouting. As you rightly mentioned I froze and started crying. The one thing I regret is thst I didnt report this specially having the coffee msn as a witness. Anyways we can continue this discussion offline. I beleive exvhanging thoughts and ideas is a step on the right way 

Nahed Z, Aug 31, 2016 @ 00:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Agree Iwas thinking to myself why through the history women paid the price of some men s crims? This is life.

Agree Iwas thinking to myself why through the history women paid the price of some men s crims? This is life.

Nahed Z, Aug 31, 2016 @ 00:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Aug 31, 16 00:46

Oh, I have been warned by HR and the hiring tax partners about these pregnancy test issues when discussing about having a relationship but not being married. I even heard from other expats that their companies hire some special security resources to get staff out in case of need.

http://dohanews.co/facing-jail-unmarried-pregnant-women-in-qatar-left/

Yes, adultery is not going by the rules in most religions with the exception that not everywhere you get stoned for it...

Yes, we could discuss. I love learning about other cultures and hearing other arguments.Geneva is really good in this regard as we are from all over the world.

Oh, I have been warned by HR and the hiring tax partners about these pregnancy test issues when discussing about having a relationship but not being married. I even heard from other expats that their companies hire some special security resources to get staff out in case of need.

http://dohanews.co/facing-jail-unmarried-pregnant-women-in-qatar-left/

Yes, adultery is not going by the rules in most religions with the exception that not everywhere you get stoned for it...

Yes, we could discuss. I love learning about other cultures and hearing other arguments.Geneva is really good in this regard as we are from all over the world.

Reka Y, Aug 31, 2016 @ 01:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Well never heard of this but again I have never been to Qatar. The difference betwee Qatar and France that Qstar did not advocate freedom and human rights than restricted women from wearing what they want. At least you had an idea what to expect while here am facing some issues of double standards. In Islam to get stoned is very restricted by rules that make it next to impossible to apply. I will explain this to you whenever we meet. And yes I love Geneva s diversity 

Well never heard of this but again I have never been to Qatar. The difference betwee Qatar and France that Qstar did not advocate freedom and human rights than restricted women from wearing what they want. At least you had an idea what to expect while here am facing some issues of double standards. In Islam to get stoned is very restricted by rules that make it next to impossible to apply. I will explain this to you whenever we meet. And yes I love Geneva s diversity 

Nahed Z, Aug 31, 2016 @ 01:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I think we gonna have some fun discussions as I am seeing daily news on Arabic business men having out of the wedlock activities while at home they behave super conservative or news on mobile phones left by migrants /refugees / ISIS member at the borders with mainly adult entertainment on them ...but I know not everyone is like that and these examples are extremes.

So I think double (multiple) standards pretty much exist anywhere. Now giving back the thread to Switzerland. ; )

I think we gonna have some fun discussions as I am seeing daily news on Arabic business men having out of the wedlock activities while at home they behave super conservative or news on mobile phones left by migrants /refugees / ISIS member at the borders with mainly adult entertainment on them ...but I know not everyone is like that and these examples are extremes.

So I think double (multiple) standards pretty much exist anywhere. Now giving back the thread to Switzerland. ; )

Reka Y, Aug 31, 2016 @ 02:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Really didnt get your point  these are individual behaviour which falls under personal freedom regardless of your religeon. If you sin its your own choice I think it is a bit different than double standard legislations which contradicts a country's annoinced views. Your comparison is totally irrelevant   I wonder why in every discussion people try to associate global misbehaviours, which are done by millions of people around the world, with Arab s or Muslims! When people stop doing this and understand that a relegeon is sacred even if the practitioners are non compliant may be then we will be open to see each ithers views. You know I coukd do the sane and cite all the behavioural issues am seeing around however I wont go into this route because I simply respect others freedom and expect mutual respect. Will there be a point of discussing? Anyways may be people will find the answer to the originsl question of this thread abou Switzerland in our dis ussions. In a way it summarizes the global situation.

Really didnt get your point  these are individual behaviour which falls under personal freedom regardless of your religeon. If you sin its your own choice I think it is a bit different than double standard legislations which contradicts a country's annoinced views. Your comparison is totally irrelevant   I wonder why in every discussion people try to associate global misbehaviours, which are done by millions of people around the world, with Arab s or Muslims! When people stop doing this and understand that a relegeon is sacred even if the practitioners are non compliant may be then we will be open to see each ithers views. You know I coukd do the sane and cite all the behavioural issues am seeing around however I wont go into this route because I simply respect others freedom and expect mutual respect. Will there be a point of discussing? Anyways may be people will find the answer to the originsl question of this thread abou Switzerland in our dis ussions. In a way it summarizes the global situation.

Nahed Z, Aug 31, 2016 @ 05:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

funny how a discussion about Switzerland turns into misunderstanding between Weast and East ;) 

funny how a discussion about Switzerland turns into misunderstanding between Weast and East ;) 

Tryky, Aug 31, 2016 @ 12:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1080 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form