Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Building fire and Responsibility of regie

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Building fire and Responsibility of regie

Hi all.  I would love some imput on some regie/buidling concerns.  Last Tuesday (almost one week ago), there was a rather significant fire in our buidling.  The flat directly above was almost completely destroyed.  We were lucky as we are on the floor below fire so all we damage we have is a bit of water damage on one corner of a wall.  Some flats have more significant damage...black walls, etc.  However, despite a basic cleaning with soap and water, all the common areas of the building still have a very strong smoke smell and there are black marks all over the walls.  Although the regie came by once, she is now back in the mountains.  I think that this is something that should have been taken care of by now.  I personally think all the common areas need to be repainted.   Do we have a case to ask for a reduction in rent?  Any other thoughts?   Comments?

Thanks,

Kat

The text you are quoting:

Hi all.  I would love some imput on some regie/buidling concerns.  Last Tuesday (almost one week ago), there was a rather significant fire in our buidling.  The flat directly above was almost completely destroyed.  We were lucky as we are on the floor below fire so all we damage we have is a bit of water damage on one corner of a wall.  Some flats have more significant damage...black walls, etc.  However, despite a basic cleaning with soap and water, all the common areas of the building still have a very strong smoke smell and there are black marks all over the walls.  Although the regie came by once, she is now back in the mountains.  I think that this is something that should have been taken care of by now.  I personally think all the common areas need to be repainted.   Do we have a case to ask for a reduction in rent?  Any other thoughts?   Comments?

Thanks,

Kat

Kat SFeb 28, 2011 @ 08:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 764 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Building fire and Responsibility of regie
Post 1

Another question.  Who is responsible for the water damage in our flat (it really is a small and probably just needs to be painted)? 

Another question.  Who is responsible for the water damage in our flat (it really is a small and probably just needs to be painted)? 

Kat S, Feb 28, 2011 @ 08:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
Re: Building fire and Responsibility of regie
Post 2

have you tried these guys?

http://www.asloca.ch/?q=node/57

have you tried these guys?