Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Car Insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Car Insurance

Hi All,

I am thinking of changing my car insurance to Baloise Direct. Baloise is much cheaper than my current insurance for what appears to be almost the same coverage (including full casco). Does anyone have experience of Baloise Direct? Do they pay up when you have an acident?

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

I am thinking of changing my car insurance to Baloise Direct. Baloise is much cheaper than my current insurance for what appears to be almost the same coverage (including full casco). Does anyone have experience of Baloise Direct? Do they pay up when you have an acident?

michael sJun 21, 2017 @ 13:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1041 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Car Insurance
Post 1

I have had Baloise through TCS for my car insurance for the last few years, but I have never made a claim. I'm also interested in peoples' experiences with them. I've been happy so far, but again, I've never had to use the insurance. 

I have had Baloise through TCS for my car insurance for the last few years, but I have never made a claim. I'm also interested in peoples' experiences with them. I've been happy so far, but again, I've never had to use the insurance. 

misskate, Jun 22, 2017 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello,

I have this insurance company from years and never used it until this year (2 times), for a parking dammages.

I have full casco, once was my fault and the the other time was a third person (unknown) fault, I got  a quick response and solved the problem.

Then, I can recommend it, even if doing a comparison I found cheaper companies.

I hope this will help you in your decision.

Hello,

I have this insurance company from years and never used it until this year (2 times), for a parking dammages.

I have full casco, once was my fault and the the other time was a third person (unknown) fault, I got  a quick response and solved the problem.

Then, I can recommend it, even if doing a comparison I found cheaper companies.

I hope this will help you in your decision.

R2D2, Jun 22, 2017 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Many thanks R2D2. That is encouraging. I guess if TCS are recommending them, then they must be OK. I called Baloise to try and get more details and found out that their on-line offer is cheaper than a face to face one- becasue you do all the details yourself. So, I guess its important to get all the details correct!

Many thanks R2D2. That is encouraging. I guess if TCS are recommending them, then they must be OK. I called Baloise to try and get more details and found out that their on-line offer is cheaper than a face to face one- becasue you do all the details yourself. So, I guess its important to get all the details correct!

michael s, Jun 22, 2017 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Well, as I work for another insurance company, I guess I can give you a few informations:

- It's not "if tcs recommend them they must be good", they recommend them because they have a partnership. Baloise is a good company however.

- I am not totally sure of the details of Baloise direct vs the usual baloise contracts, but I guess it's quite similar, but if you're covered I have no doubt they would handle the claim very well. However, I think usually it's not a great thing to buy insurance online, because 1) often I see people who did such contracts forgetting to cover something (it doesn't change the premium by much but could be very annoying if something happen), and 2) it's usually not even so competitive regarding prices, because it's a fixed price, while usually as insurance agents we can offer a discount.

I often have clients who show me a price they find on internet, and then I'm able to do the same one or cheaper (but I think in Baloise they don't have so much flexibility). I would recommand if you already have a relationship with another company (for home insurance, 3rd pillar, legal insurance etc) that you ask the person in charge of your current contracts if he can do at least as competitive than what you found. It's usually easier and better to keep things under the same roof.

Rémy

Well, as I work for another insurance company, I guess I can give you a few informations:

- It's not "if tcs recommend them they must be good", they recommend them because they have a partnership. Baloise is a good company however.

- I am not totally sure of the details of Baloise direct vs the usual baloise contracts, but I guess it's quite similar, but if you're covered I have no doubt they would handle the claim very well. However, I think usually it's not a great thing to buy insurance online, because 1) often I see people who did such contracts forgetting to cover something (it doesn't change the premium by much but could be very annoying if something happen), and 2) it's usually not even so competitive regarding prices, because it's a fixed price, while usually as insurance agents we can offer a discount.

I often have clients who show me a price they find on internet, and then I'm able to do the same one or cheaper (but I think in Baloise they don't have so much flexibility). I would recommand if you already have a relationship with another company (for home insurance, 3rd pillar, legal insurance etc) that you ask the person in charge of your current contracts if he can do at least as competitive than what you found. It's usually easier and better to keep things under the same roof.

Rémy

RemyS, Jul 5, 2017 @ 09:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Remy,

Many thanks for this. Very helpful. I will try my current company and see if they can match Baloise.

Michael

Hi Remy,

Many thanks for this. Very helpful. I will try my current company and see if they can match Baloise.

Michael

michael s, Jul 5, 2017 @ 19:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1041 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form