Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Documents for regie

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Documents for regie

Hello! Im sure somebody already asked, but i cant find.

Can you tell me what documents i need to rent an apartment with regie if i am a sudent? I need a guarantor, but what kind of document he should give me?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Evgeniya

The text you are quoting:

Can you tell me what documents i need to rent an apartment with regie if i am a sudent? I need a guarantor, but what kind of document he should give me?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Evgeniya

Evgeniya BoriskovskayaJan 22, 2017 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1296 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Documents for regie
Post 1

Lol, so "the guarantor" is only a "he"

Lol, so "the guarantor" is only a "he"

Kirill_GE, Jan 22, 2017 @ 23:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

jen', ask your school or university for the the details. It is strange that they didn't give any details before you were accepted. If they are not accredited for full time study by Swiss law, you have very little chances of getting an appartement.

jen', ask your school or university for the the details. It is strange that they didn't give any details before you were accepted. If they are not accredited for full time study by Swiss law, you have very little chances of getting an appartement.

Kirill_GE, Jan 22, 2017 @ 23:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Do you mean the guarantor will be somebody you know (family, friends, etc.) that will cover the loss for the regie in case, you will fail to pay your rent or destroy the place?

If so, what I had, was a signed letter from the person stating that he stands as a guarantor for me. A copy of their id was also added. Probably the regie would be happy if they could have an extract of the guarantor bank statement, a certificate of non-pursuit, three last salary slip or anything else able to make them confident.

Good luck, as this probably won't be the only hurdle in the way to your apartment...sadly.

Do you mean the guarantor will be somebody you know (family, friends, etc.) that will cover the loss for the regie in case, you will fail to pay your rent or destroy the place?

If so, what I had, was a signed letter from the person stating that he stands as a guarantor for me. A copy of their id was also added. Probably the regie would be happy if they could have an extract of the guarantor bank statement, a certificate of non-pursuit, three last salary slip or anything else able to make them confident.

Good luck, as this probably won't be the only hurdle in the way to your apartment...sadly.

Joël F, Jan 23, 2017 @ 00:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Evgeniya

Jan 22, 17 18:23

You will need from him a letter admitting he is your guarantor, 3 last payment slips, contract if possible, attestation from the pursuit office. You will need the same for your self (except maybe the 3 payment slips ) but then you will need to show your pocket money can cover the rent.

You will need from him a letter admitting he is your guarantor, 3 last payment slips, contract if possible, attestation from the pursuit office. You will need the same for your self (except maybe the 3 payment slips ) but then you will need to show your pocket money can cover the rent.

Marcy S, Jan 23, 2017 @ 09:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Normaly the guarantee is a deposit at a bank that is held in the name of the rental agency, incase of damage, unpaid costs/rent, of like an amout of 3months rent. 

Or you get SwissCaution, where you pay a small monthly payment and they guarantee the rental.

Clarify if that is what they are asking.

Or do they need someone to sign that they will take on any charges/responsibility that are caused by you, should you leave the country? 

Normaly the guarantee is a deposit at a bank that is held in the name of the rental agency, incase of damage, unpaid costs/rent, of like an amout of 3months rent. 

Or you get SwissCaution, where you pay a small monthly payment and they guarantee the rental.

Clarify if that is what they are asking.

Or do they need someone to sign that they will take on any charges/responsibility that are caused by you, should you leave the country? 

Dave G, Jan 23, 2017 @ 17:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

This is what EPFL suggests/explains to students

This is a more detailed explanation about what is needed from the guarantor (in French)

Hope that helps!

This is what EPFL suggests/explains to students

This is a more detailed explanation about what is needed from the guarantor (in French)

Hope that helps!

xaviero, Jan 23, 2017 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1296 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form