Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Driving lesson / driving school in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Driving lesson / driving school in Geneva

Any one can recommend any driving school in Geneva?

How long does it take approximately for the full process and how much does it cost?

Are the driving school more expensive than the private teacher?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

The text you are quoting:

Any one can recommend any driving school in Geneva?

How long does it take approximately for the full process and how much does it cost?

Are the driving school more expensive than the private teacher?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Jessica GNov 9, 2015 @ 23:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1585 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Driving lesson / driving school in Geneva
Post 1

Hello,

You may try AES on rue de servette. I took theory class there last year, and it was a good experience. Cost is fair and teachers are friendly.

However for driving practice, AES recommended a list of private "moniteur"s, and these moniteurs usually charge 85 chf per lesson 50 minutes. And I have taken at least 40 lessons till now, hoping I could pass the exam. 

Hope useful,

Best,

J

Hello,

You may try AES on rue de servette. I took theory class there last year, and it was a good experience. Cost is fair and teachers are friendly.

However for driving practice, AES recommended a list of private "moniteur"s, and these moniteurs usually charge 85 chf per lesson 50 minutes. And I have taken at least 40 lessons till now, hoping I could pass the exam. 

Hope useful,

Best,

J

andi a, Nov 10, 2015 @ 10:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Sorry but you have spent CHF3400 and 33 hours and still not learnt how to drive...??? I would seriously think of staying with public transport if I was you !!!

Sorry but you have spent CHF3400 and 33 hours and still not learnt how to drive...??? I would seriously think of staying with public transport if I was you !!!

Jeffery S, Nov 10, 2015 @ 20:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello,

Hope useful,

Best,

J

Nov 10, 15 10:47

Thank you for your information. 

I will try.

Thank you for your information. 

I will try.

Jessica G, Nov 12, 2015 @ 22:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

My driving school (that is actually the name of it) is 70chf an hour 0765464676. 

My driving school (that is actually the name of it) is 70chf an hour 0765464676. 

Marcy S, Nov 13, 2015 @ 08:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Nov 13, 15 08:17

Hi Marcy, thanks for your information. 

One more question, are any of these mentioned private teacher qualified to certify a driving examination finally? I mean will there require any further procedures?

Thank you very much.

One more question, are any of these mentioned private teacher qualified to certify a driving examination finally? I mean will there require any further procedures?

Thank you very much.

Jessica G, Nov 15, 2015 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Nov 13, 15 08:17

Hi Marcy - do you have any other means to reach the driver? I contacted both yesterday without any response. Thank you.

Hi Marcy - do you have any other means to reach the driver? I contacted both yesterday without any response. Thank you.

Jessica G, Nov 17, 2015 @ 08:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thank you very much.

Nov 15, 15 22:25

Jessica, only the authorities will allow you to take the driving test, first the theoretical test, the the practical driving test. The schools just prepare you for the exams.

There's a good web site about getting your drivers licence. If you understand French or German, I suggest going there first:

http://www.lepermisdeconduire.ch

Jessica, only the authorities will allow you to take the driving test, first the theoretical test, the the practical driving test. The schools just prepare you for the exams.

There's a good web site about getting your drivers licence. If you understand French or German, I suggest going there first:

http://www.lepermisdeconduire.ch

tawb, Nov 17, 2015 @ 13:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thanks a lot for your information, Tawb. How also to start a theory lesson / test? 

Thanks a lot for your information, Tawb. How also to start a theory lesson / test? 

Jessica G, Nov 18, 2015 @ 22:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

So I had written the theory test a few months back,did not attend any classes, used this app itheory premium, 20 francs or so on the apple app store. if you are writing your exam in english you have two options, you can give it in Bern or Neuchatel. I think it is less crowded in Neuchatel and you dont need an appointment. The questions were the exact same ones as on the app, so go through it in detail take those sample tests on the app and then head for the theory test. Before you write your theory test you need to take a first aid course. Healthfirst is one of the few who provide the course in english, they have details on their website. Hope that helps!

So I had written the theory test a few months back,did not attend any classes, used this app itheory premium, 20 francs or so on the apple app store. if you are writing your exam in english you have two options, you can give it in Bern or Neuchatel. I think it is less crowded in Neuchatel and you dont need an appointment. The questions were the exact same ones as on the app, so go through it in detail take those sample tests on the app and then head for the theory test. Before you write your theory test you need to take a first aid course. Healthfirst is one of the few who provide the course in english, they have details on their website. Hope that helps!

Shiv N, Nov 19, 2015 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

MANY THANKS Shiv, very useful information.

How to take a first aid course then?

MANY THANKS Shiv, very useful information.

How to take a first aid course then?

Jessica G, Nov 19, 2015 @ 21:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

You can visit healthfirst's website http://www.healthfirst.ch/first-aid-courses/116/212139/ to register for an english course, which is expensive compared to the french one which is widely available in any of the driving schools across Geneva. If you are reasonably conversant in French take it from one of the many schools in Geneva.

You can visit healthfirst's website http://www.healthfirst.ch/first-aid-courses/116/212139/ to register for an english course, which is expensive compared to the french one which is widely available in any of the driving schools across Geneva. If you are reasonably conversant in French take it from one of the many schools in Geneva.

Shiv N, Nov 19, 2015 @ 22:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1585 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form