Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Exchanging Indian rupees?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Exchanging Indian rupees?

I was in India for work and I stupidly did not plan carefully the cash withdrawals, so I came back with about 22500 INR cash in my pocket, thinking I could change them over here. The thing is that selling INR in Europe (or US for that matter) is subject to huge commissions that end up significantly degrading the value. 

Any hint on how to circumvent that?

Anyone going to India who might need them (I would buy CHF or Euro at standard online rate)? 

The text you are quoting:

I was in India for work and I stupidly did not plan carefully the cash withdrawals, so I came back with about 22500 INR cash in my pocket, thinking I could change them over here. The thing is that selling INR in Europe (or US for that matter) is subject to huge commissions that end up significantly degrading the value. 

Any hint on how to circumvent that?

Anyone going to India who might need them (I would buy CHF or Euro at standard online rate)? 

Diego TMar 21, 2018 @ 17:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 863 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Exchanging Indian rupees?
Post 1

Hi,

It is very difficult to exchange indian rupees in swiss especially after the demonitisation of 1000 and500 rupee notes. If you are having these currencies in old 500 and 1000 rupee notes, then they are worthless. If you are having in other denominations like 2000, new 500, 100 and 50 and If you cannot exchange anywhere I coulld buy them. My quote is CHF 280.00 for inr 22500.

You can contact me if this proposal is acceptable to you.

regards

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

It is very difficult to exchange indian rupees in swiss especially after the demonitisation of 1000 and500 rupee notes. If you are having these currencies in old 500 and 1000 rupee notes, then they are worthless. If you are having in other denominations like 2000, new 500, 100 and 50 and If you cannot exchange anywhere I coulld buy them. My quote is CHF 280.00 for inr 22500.

You can contact me if this proposal is acceptable to you.

regards

KRISHNAMOORTHI RAJAN, Mar 23, 2018 @ 10:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 863 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form