Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Financial Advice

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Financial Advice
Does anyone know of or could recommend any independant financial advisors in the vevey-montreux region?

Thanks

Kirsty

The text you are quoting:
Does anyone know of or could recommend any independant financial advisors in the vevey-montreux region?

Thanks

Kirsty
Kirsty175Sep 28, 2008 @ 23:20

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

15 Replies | 2415 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Financial Advice
Post 1
Hi Kirsty,

I am the senior adviser at Forth Capital, we are independent and cover just about everything.  I have clients up by you so if you want to have a chat drop me an email at: [email protected] with your contact details and I´ll give you a call and we can arrange a meeting.

I have a few reviews here on Glocals ´City Guide´ in the ´professional services´ section if you´ve not heard of Forth Capital before.  I think we´re fairly well known.

Happy to help.

Dean.

Hi Kirsty,

I am the senior adviser at Forth Capital, we are independent and cover just about everything.  I have clients up by you so if you want to have a chat drop me an email at: [email protected] with your contact details and I´ll give you a call and we can arrange a meeting.

I have a few reviews here on Glocals ´City Guide´ in the ´professional services´ section if you´ve not heard of Forth Capital before.  I think we´re fairly well known.

Happy to help.

Dean.
Deano1uk, Sep 29, 2008 @ 01:24

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I know of an excellent one with top references who would be delighted to help.

Give me a shout if you want to know more! :)

Wills

[]

I know of an excellent one with top references who would be delighted to help.

Give me a shout if you want to know more! :)

Wills

[]
william_chf, Sep 29, 2008 @ 01:57

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi kirsty

I know a good one, but are you still on glocals...?

Cheers

Hi kirsty

I know a good one, but are you still on glocals...?

Cheers
Tryky, Oct 3, 2008 @ 05:29

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi there,

Im new to Geneva and needed some financial advice but when I arranged to meet someone from Forth Capital the guy didn't show up. The second time I called him he didn't even remember aranging the meeting. Very dissappointing.

Hi there,

Im new to Geneva and needed some financial advice but when I arranged to meet someone from Forth Capital the guy didn't show up. The second time I called him he didn't even remember aranging the meeting. Very dissappointing.

Richard Kavanagh, Jun 30, 2016 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Richard,

I am a senior financial advisor with deVere & Partners Switzerlad. I would be delighted to meet you and can assure you that I haven't missed one meeting yet.

It is a good time to review this post brexit and as the largest global IFA we have insights from all of the top institutions (although they all got the outcome wrong, along with the rest of the world).

Please feel free to give me a call / email on -

+41 79 248 97 46

[email protected]

Kind Regards,

John

Hi Richard,

I am a senior financial advisor with deVere & Partners Switzerlad. I would be delighted to meet you and can assure you that I haven't missed one meeting yet.

It is a good time to review this post brexit and as the largest global IFA we have insights from all of the top institutions (although they all got the outcome wrong, along with the rest of the world).

Please feel free to give me a call / email on -

+41 79 248 97 46

[email protected]

Kind Regards,

John

John S, Jun 30, 2016 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thanks John but I've already arranged a meeting with Swiss Global Consulting for Monday morning. I'll let you know how I get on and maybe you could offer me advice on what they might propose. Cheers.

Thanks John but I've already arranged a meeting with Swiss Global Consulting for Monday morning. I'll let you know how I get on and maybe you could offer me advice on what they might propose. Cheers.

Richard Kavanagh, Jul 1, 2016 @ 10:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Steer clear of DeVere... Just use the search function here....

Steer clear of DeVere... Just use the search function here....

martin, Jul 1, 2016 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Cheers for the advice Martin. Jesus, deVeers have a bad name so I'm glad that I didn't go down that road. Managed to meet a really cool guy from Swiss Global this morning and he's going to help me with some stuff. Not today though, the weathers too good for work. :-)

Cheers for the advice Martin. Jesus, deVeers have a bad name so I'm glad that I didn't go down that road. Managed to meet a really cool guy from Swiss Global this morning and he's going to help me with some stuff. Not today though, the weathers too good for work. :-)

Richard Kavanagh, Jul 4, 2016 @ 16:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

So, in response and speaking for myself personally, I have many happy clients and I take pride in giving good advice as well adding value to everyone I meet (whether we work together or not). deVere Group isn't the largest independent financial consultancy in the world for no reason and if companies like Goldman Sachs choose us as the first financial company that they have co-branded with, then I expect that they completed extensive due diligence.

Admittedely there are some comments about 'cold calling' to obtain meetings but this is something that of the companies in our domain do. Financial advice isn't something that people always seek even if it's something that they really know they need.

Incidentally a lot of the posts on forums, etc, actually come from competitors and, having looked at your Linkedin profile Richard, it is very interesting that amongst the limited amount of connections you have, there are a number of deVere and other financial advisory employees.

Not only that but you also share the same surname as the guy that runs Swiss Global in Geneva.... Smells a bit fishy to me. Sadly I fell for it wanting to genuinely help someone new to Geneva with advice.

So, in response and speaking for myself personally, I have many happy clients and I take pride in giving good advice as well adding value to everyone I meet (whether we work together or not). deVere Group isn't the largest independent financial consultancy in the world for no reason and if companies like Goldman Sachs choose us as the first financial company that they have co-branded with, then I expect that they completed extensive due diligence.

Admittedely there are some comments about 'cold calling' to obtain meetings but this is something that of the companies in our domain do. Financial advice isn't something that people always seek even if it's something that they really know they need.

Incidentally a lot of the posts on forums, etc, actually come from competitors and, having looked at your Linkedin profile Richard, it is very interesting that amongst the limited amount of connections you have, there are a number of deVere and other financial advisory employees.

Not only that but you also share the same surname as the guy that runs Swiss Global in Geneva.... Smells a bit fishy to me. Sadly I fell for it wanting to genuinely help someone new to Geneva with advice.

John S, Jul 4, 2016 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Jul 4, 16 16:31

Lovely and all nice and dandy. Now go away. Untill DeVere opens up about how they get their contacts, and stop lying about "we care so much about you bla bla bla - just sign here and you write away your life savings for the next 20 years before it even starts to make a single penny" - I really would like to see rats DeVere (not ment personally to you!) dissapear from these fora. The only thing you care about is the amount of commission on the (Generali) product you can get, is the only thing you care about. And Goldman Sachs.. shalll we just stop there hahahahaha... Nothing else. Stop playing these silly games, new people are not aware of your practices but luckily there are good financial adviserors out there. DeVere is NOT ONE OF THEM. 

People, they say they all do it for "free" and want to give "advise" - they only sell shitty products where you have to sign up for a very long time. If you investigate more - you will find out you are actually paying the commission to DeVere for the first couple of years, before even one single penny goes to your self. Then they want also at least 10 contacts you have to give them so they can start milking your friends too. and they will keep on calling you every 3 months at work, at home - whereever they can find you. Just be warned of these people.... 

Lovely and all nice and dandy. Now go away. Untill DeVere opens up about how they get their contacts, and stop lying about "we care so much about you bla bla bla - just sign here and you write away your life savings for the next 20 years before it even starts to make a single penny" - I really would like to see rats DeVere (not ment personally to you!) dissapear from these fora. The only thing you care about is the amount of commission on the (Generali) product you can get, is the only thing you care about. And Goldman Sachs.. shalll we just stop there hahahahaha... Nothing else. Stop playing these silly games, new people are not aware of your practices but luckily there are good financial adviserors out there. DeVere is NOT ONE OF THEM. 

People, they say they all do it for "free" and want to give "advise" - they only sell shitty products where you have to sign up for a very long time. If you investigate more - you will find out you are actually paying the commission to DeVere for the first couple of years, before even one single penny goes to your self. Then they want also at least 10 contacts you have to give them so they can start milking your friends too. and they will keep on calling you every 3 months at work, at home - whereever they can find you. Just be warned of these people.... 

martin, Jul 4, 2016 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Jesus, I'm sorry John if I've touched a nerve but i can assure you that apart from registering a few years ago with linkedin I have never even used it. How suddenly I have relations with your company and Swiss Global is beyond me but I'll certainly re-contact linked in and remove my name if this is what happens. My thoughts about DeVeers are formed having read numerous horror stories about what's happened to other people. This is not a path I want to persue but it's not meant as a personal insult. As far as my name is concerned, well what can I say, I wasn't the only person born with it.

Jesus, I'm sorry John if I've touched a nerve but i can assure you that apart from registering a few years ago with linkedin I have never even used it. How suddenly I have relations with your company and Swiss Global is beyond me but I'll certainly re-contact linked in and remove my name if this is what happens. My thoughts about DeVeers are formed having read numerous horror stories about what's happened to other people. This is not a path I want to persue but it's not meant as a personal insult. As far as my name is concerned, well what can I say, I wasn't the only person born with it.

Richard Kavanagh, Jul 4, 2016 @ 17:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Martin,

I'm not sure where your personal vendetta comes from but I would like to add a couple of comments to finish the conversation -

1. 'Open up about how we get our contacts'

Personally I use LinkedIn and genuine refferals from clients / prospects. This is only after I have done my job and provided them with what I consider to be good advice. 

2. With regard to regular savings plans, we have not used Generali for some time now due to various reasons. I don't think you really grasp the concept of regular savings plans either. They can range from 5-30 years and be used for various purposes. On all the plans / providers there are 'initial periods' which are locked in until term or death, there are bonuses for the length of time people save and there are different fees / charges. All of these positives and negatives are discussed and fully explained to the individual, along with any associated risks. 

3. Yes, there is commission gained on financial solutions but the client gets the same deal as if they went to the provider directly. deVere has buying power so the difference is the commission. I explain this to all of my clients.

For instance, regarding 3rd Pillar solutions, we have access to Swiss Life, Generali, etc. Unless a prospect has a high attitude to risk then I will always recomend a Swiss Life solution as it is the safest, but also carries the least commission.

4. Finally, I actually get a lot of personal satisaction out of educating people to think in a structured manner about their financial future. If someone wants to save x euros per month for 20 years in a reputable multi-asset (diversified) portfolio, then I am extremely confident that their future will be much better than if they had not made this step. The illustrations we give to clients are completely clear and include all charges, so it is then a personal decision whether someone is happy with that solution.

All of the above is the reality, without your unsubstantiated and inaccurate spin on the advice that I personally give to people. Admittedly there have been issues in the past but the industry has become more and more regulated globally and satisfying compliance is an integral part of our job now.

Anyway people are entitled to their opinions, I thought I would give my experience on the subject as I believe a lot of the comments are unjustified.

Martin,

I'm not sure where your personal vendetta comes from but I would like to add a couple of comments to finish the conversation -

1. 'Open up about how we get our contacts'

Personally I use LinkedIn and genuine refferals from clients / prospects. This is only after I have done my job and provided them with what I consider to be good advice. 

2. With regard to regular savings plans, we have not used Generali for some time now due to various reasons. I don't think you really grasp the concept of regular savings plans either. They can range from 5-30 years and be used for various purposes. On all the plans / providers there are 'initial periods' which are locked in until term or death, there are bonuses for the length of time people save and there are different fees / charges. All of these positives and negatives are discussed and fully explained to the individual, along with any associated risks. 

3. Yes, there is commission gained on financial solutions but the client gets the same deal as if they went to the provider directly. deVere has buying power so the difference is the commission. I explain this to all of my clients.

For instance, regarding 3rd Pillar solutions, we have access to Swiss Life, Generali, etc. Unless a prospect has a high attitude to risk then I will always recomend a Swiss Life solution as it is the safest, but also carries the least commission.

4. Finally, I actually get a lot of personal satisaction out of educating people to think in a structured manner about their financial future. If someone wants to save x euros per month for 20 years in a reputable multi-asset (diversified) portfolio, then I am extremely confident that their future will be much better than if they had not made this step. The illustrations we give to clients are completely clear and include all charges, so it is then a personal decision whether someone is happy with that solution.

All of the above is the reality, without your unsubstantiated and inaccurate spin on the advice that I personally give to people. Admittedly there have been issues in the past but the industry has become more and more regulated globally and satisfying compliance is an integral part of our job now.

Anyway people are entitled to their opinions, I thought I would give my experience on the subject as I believe a lot of the comments are unjustified.

John S, Jul 4, 2016 @ 18:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Seeing a couple of friends loosing most of  their money to DeVere. That's my problem. Just a simple google search will do the rest for those who still wonder what this about. save me the smooth talk, because I've seen first hand what kind of damage this company can do. dont touch them with a stick. caae closed and end of discussion

Seeing a couple of friends loosing most of  their money to DeVere. That's my problem. Just a simple google search will do the rest for those who still wonder what this about. save me the smooth talk, because I've seen first hand what kind of damage this company can do. dont touch them with a stick. caae closed and end of discussion

martin, Jul 4, 2016 @ 20:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

I am terribly sorry to hear that Martin and I appreciate your views in that light. Presumably this was related to the large fund that was frozen a few years ago? All I can say is that it is not necessarily the advisors fault for this occuring, much like anyone who had money invested with Lehman Brothers in 2008.

I understand that there is still an ongoing investigation into that particular fund and I hope that as much money as possible can be recovered to the poor individuals that were affected.

We only use the most reputable funds / solutions (JPM, Goldman, Wellington, GAM, UBS, Fidelity, Jupiter, etc) nowadays and, whilst no bank or financial instituation is completely safe, all of these have stood the test of time.

I'm not trying to insult you in any way but I hope that you can appreciate that have worked hard to qualify myself for this career (after a successful 10 years in motor racing team management), so that I can move my young family to Geneva, and I do actually take pride in the advice that I give.

I am terribly sorry to hear that Martin and I appreciate your views in that light. Presumably this was related to the large fund that was frozen a few years ago? All I can say is that it is not necessarily the advisors fault for this occuring, much like anyone who had money invested with Lehman Brothers in 2008.

I understand that there is still an ongoing investigation into that particular fund and I hope that as much money as possible can be recovered to the poor individuals that were affected.

We only use the most reputable funds / solutions (JPM, Goldman, Wellington, GAM, UBS, Fidelity, Jupiter, etc) nowadays and, whilst no bank or financial instituation is completely safe, all of these have stood the test of time.

I'm not trying to insult you in any way but I hope that you can appreciate that have worked hard to qualify myself for this career (after a successful 10 years in motor racing team management), so that I can move my young family to Geneva, and I do actually take pride in the advice that I give.

John S, Jul 5, 2016 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Jul 5, 16 13:46

Hi John - It's not a personal attack to you. It's the company itself, and I have no problem ofcourse that you defend your employer. it's pretty normal actually and nothing wrong with it! No doubt personally you mean best. Doesn't change my point of view however! (please don't cold call me now). 

Hi John - It's not a personal attack to you. It's the company itself, and I have no problem ofcourse that you defend your employer. it's pretty normal actually and nothing wrong with it! No doubt personally you mean best. Doesn't change my point of view however! (please don't cold call me now). 

martin, Jul 5, 2016 @ 15:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
15 Replies | 2415 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form