Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Finding a decent flat

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Finding a decent flat

All,

It's so difficult to find a place to live for one person! Anyone has good advice for appartment seekers? I've never seen such thing as in Geneva! 200 people applying for the same flat. >What about hiring a brooker?

The text you are quoting:

All,

It's so difficult to find a place to live for one person! Anyone has good advice for appartment seekers? I've never seen such thing as in Geneva! 200 people applying for the same flat. >What about hiring a brooker?

gatafunkApr 17, 2010 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1343 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Finding a decent flat
Post 1

Do a search in the forum. You will find some posts with good relocation agent details.

Do a search in the forum. You will find some posts with good relocation agent details.

Maria_, Apr 17, 2010 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I am leaving mine, take a look at the Classifieds:) It's more then Perfect for 1 person.

I am leaving mine, take a look at the Classifieds:) It's more then Perfect for 1 person.

karios, Apr 19, 2010 @ 19:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Which one you mean, the one for 2800 or the ojne for 3400 CHF?

Which one you mean, the one for 2800 or the ojne for 3400 CHF?

gatafunk, Apr 19, 2010 @ 21:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi gatafunk...I'm so desperate looking for one myself (and since I am not in GVA it happens to be even worse) that I came across your post and I was wondering if you had finally find one (to find a little hope, I guess). take care :P

Hi gatafunk...I'm so desperate looking for one myself (and since I am not in GVA it happens to be even worse) that I came across your post and I was wondering if you had finally find one (to find a little hope, I guess). take care :P

Carmen T, May 29, 2010 @ 20:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

In my opinion it's easier to get an apartment by taking over somebody's lease. This would be a person leaving his/her flat outside of the legal term and so has to present at least one person to the régie.

The "secret" is to be FAST. This means: check classifieds on glocals, wrs, immoscout24 EVERY morning and replying IMMEDIATELY to the ad. Be available for viewing and have all your papers ready. Go look at any possible flat available, and be ready to say "yes" on the spot without thinking much. This means you have to have a very clear idea about what you are looking for and what is important for you.

Having just been looking for a subrent I've experienced that about 2/3 of people didn't even reply to my request... this doesn't make it easier.

Also, if you're already in Geneva, let as many friends/work colleagues as possible know about you looking for a flat. Maybe someone will know someone who needs a new tenant...

Going directly through Régies is much more difficult, as they usually have a lot of applicants and are absolutely not interested in you as a person.

Good luck...

In my opinion it's easier to get an apartment by taking over somebody's lease. This would be a person leaving his/her flat outside of the legal term and so has to present at least one person to the régie.

The "secret" is to be FAST. This means: check classifieds on glocals, wrs, immoscout24 EVERY morning and replying IMMEDIATELY to the ad. Be available for viewing and have all your papers ready. Go look at any possible flat available, and be ready to say "yes" on the spot without thinking much. This means you have to have a very clear idea about what you are looking for and what is important for you.

Having just been looking for a subrent I've experienced that about 2/3 of people didn't even reply to my request... this doesn't make it easier.

Also, if you're already in Geneva, let as many friends/work colleagues as possible know about you looking for a flat. Maybe someone will know someone who needs a new tenant...

Going directly through Régies is much more difficult, as they usually have a lot of applicants and are absolutely not interested in you as a person.

Good luck...

eva77, May 29, 2010 @ 22:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1343 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form