Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > French Language Tutor for 7yr Old - Urgently required

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
French Language Tutor for 7yr Old - Urgently required

I'm rather urgently looking for a French language teacher for 

my 7yr old daughter. She starts  class 4p of the Swiss Primary 

system on Monday and has no French (apart from "SVP une

limonade" which I don't think will get her very far at school?!) 

We'd like an expeienced French language tutor  both help our 

daughter with her school work and the curriculum at the

same time as teaching her French, at our home, 3-4 times a week. (We live in Champel- Geneva) 

Preferably after school. Unfortunately, the classes d'accueil thatwere offered at her school meant  her attending two schools and logistically proved untenable for me to pick both our children up at the same time. 

So... If anyone has  any recommendations of private French  language teachers, who preferably speak English too  and have experience with children and the curriculum I would be delighted to hear from you. Or if any could recommend an organsiation to speak to to arrange please let me know.

Thank you. 

The text you are quoting:

I'm rather urgently looking for a French language teacher for 

my 7yr old daughter. She starts  class 4p of the Swiss Primary 

system on Monday and has no French (apart from "SVP une

limonade" which I don't think will get her very far at school?!) 

We'd like an expeienced French language tutor  both help our 

daughter with her school work and the curriculum at the

same time as teaching her French, at our home, 3-4 times a week. (We live in Champel- Geneva) 

Preferably after school. Unfortunately, the classes d'accueil thatwere offered at her school meant  her attending two schools and logistically proved untenable for me to pick both our children up at the same time. 

So... If anyone has  any recommendations of private French  language teachers, who preferably speak English too  and have experience with children and the curriculum I would be delighted to hear from you. Or if any could recommend an organsiation to speak to to arrange please let me know.

Thank you. 

Leona Morris Aug 25, 2017 @ 21:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1271 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: French Language Tutor for 7yr Old - Urgently required
Post 1

Hello Leona,

Are you still lokking for someone ?

Hello Leona,

Are you still lokking for someone ?

Nour A, Sep 22, 2017 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: French Language Tutor for 7yr Old - Urgently required
Post 2

Hi Leona, 

You can contact the ARA, which is a Geneva association that connects parents with tutors. I have used them for my daughter and had fantastic results.

The tutors are veted by the association, and it is possible to find either tutors who are in high school or in undergraduate / post-grad studies. The university level tutors are a little more expensive (chf 29/hr), but worth it.

http://ararep.ch/

Regards,

Sean

Hi Leona, 

You can contact the ARA, which is a Geneva association that connects parents with tutors. I have used them for my daughter and had fantastic results.

The tutors are veted by the association, and it is possible to find either tutors who are in high school or in undergraduate / post-grad studies. The university level tutors are a little more expensive (chf 29/hr), but worth it.

http://ararep.ch/

Regards,

Sean

Sean C, Sep 22, 2017 @ 19:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1271 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form