Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Gas stovetop making a clicking sound

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Gas stovetop making a clicking sound

we just moved into a new apartment and our stovetop has two electric burners and two gas burners.  there is a handle elsewhere in the kitchen that supposedly controls the gas.  it is set to off.  however there is a click coming from the stovetop almost every 5 minutes.  

is it to light any gas if there were some?  or is there a flaw?

i'm paranoid of gas appliances and this one is bizarre.  what are the chances we could have the regie either replace it with a newer unit, or remove the gas altogether?

The text you are quoting:

we just moved into a new apartment and our stovetop has two electric burners and two gas burners.  there is a handle elsewhere in the kitchen that supposedly controls the gas.  it is set to off.  however there is a click coming from the stovetop almost every 5 minutes.  

i'm paranoid of gas appliances and this one is bizarre.  what are the chances we could have the regie either replace it with a newer unit, or remove the gas altogether?

Michelle ROct 11, 2010 @ 10:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 952 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Gas stovetop making a clicking sound
Post 1

Oct 11, 10 10:32

Hi Michelle,

I don't know about the clicking sound. I'd ask the regie.

Otherwise, if you are concerned, buy a gas detector (that also detects natural gas and not just carbon monoxide) to go with your regular smoke detector.

Hi Michelle,

I don't know about the clicking sound. I'd ask the regie.

Otherwise, if you are concerned, buy a gas detector (that also detects natural gas and not just carbon monoxide) to go with your regular smoke detector.

FerneyL, Oct 11, 2010 @ 13:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Gas stovetop making a clicking sound
Post 2

You should get it checked out to be absolutely sure, but it sounds like it might be the electronic ignition clicking. It may well be faulty and if it is then it is an electrical fault in the hob rather than a problem with the gas.

Get it checked out though just in case.

You should get it checked out to be absolutely sure, but it sounds like it might be the electronic ignition clicking. It may well be faulty and if it is then it is an electrical fault in the hob rather than a problem with the gas.

Get it checked out though just in case.

Colette D, Oct 11, 2010 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 952 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form