Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Geneva: 3rd pillar - 3b

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Geneva: 3rd pillar - 3b

Dear all,

has anybody experience with 3b part of the 3rd pillar?

I found the following

You can  also  benefit  in  Geneva  from  a  tax  gain  on  the unrestricted  third  pillar  (3B) for  invested annual  amounts  of  CHF  2'200 (for  singles)  or  3,300 (married  couple)  in  addition  to  900 per dependent  child  :  CHF  5'100 for  a  family  with  2  dependent

here

http://www.chambesy-conseils.ch/newsletter/Newsletter_1014_EN.pdf

Does anybody know how to benefit from that tax gain? Do you have to put the amount
on a special account or do you just declare the amount with the annual tax declaration
while the money stays on the ordinary giro or savings account?

I only found UBS and Credit Suisse with a 3b account and the rest of the 3b offers seems
to be tied to a life insurance or disability insurance. For 3a accounts one finds a lot of bank
offers.

So any clarification would be great.

Thanks for that in advance.

The text you are quoting:

Dear all,

has anybody experience with 3b part of the 3rd pillar?

I found the following

You can  also  benefit  in  Geneva  from  a  tax  gain  on  the unrestricted  third  pillar  (3B) for  invested annual  amounts  of  CHF  2'200 (for  singles)  or  3,300 (married  couple)  in  addition  to  900 per dependent  child  :  CHF  5'100 for  a  family  with  2  dependent

here

http://www.chambesy-conseils.ch/newsletter/Newsletter_1014_EN.pdf

Does anybody know how to benefit from that tax gain? Do you have to put the amount
on a special account or do you just declare the amount with the annual tax declaration
while the money stays on the ordinary giro or savings account?

I only found UBS and Credit Suisse with a 3b account and the rest of the 3b offers seems
to be tied to a life insurance or disability insurance. For 3a accounts one finds a lot of bank
offers.

So any clarification would be great.

Thanks for that in advance.

Jub KDec 8, 2014 @ 21:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1632 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Geneva: 3rd pillar - 3b
Post 1

Hi,

3rd pillar B is an interesting tool that you can use not just for tax savings as you can only deduct it in Geneva and Fribourg. (depending of tax situation of course)

It can also be used for different purposes and has the advantage of being unrestricted not like 3rd pillar A.

You can decide on the duration (before or event after retirement age), the cost (max deductible or above, premiums above can not be deducted) and the kind of covers you need. Tax free at the end, you may also choose whoever can benefit of it and stop it at any time (carefull on buyback value).

I have seen the bank product of UBS 3b, but it is not as flexible as in insurance as it is a copy of the 3A (obligation to have it done until retirement), and I have seen this small print that says in case you stop it before the end, the bank reserves the right in that case, to recalculate the given interests that were given from the beginning...............

So it is an interesting tool even if you don't pay taxes or cannot deduct it.

As many of you have been asking me about this 3b pillar, I will update the 3rd pillar section in the Glocals insurance guide and include a section for the 3b around christmas time.

I remain at your disposal if you need any additional information.

cheers

Aymeric, Glocals agent

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

3rd pillar B is an interesting tool that you can use not just for tax savings as you can only deduct it in Geneva and Fribourg. (depending of tax situation of course)

It can also be used for different purposes and has the advantage of being unrestricted not like 3rd pillar A.

You can decide on the duration (before or event after retirement age), the cost (max deductible or above, premiums above can not be deducted) and the kind of covers you need. Tax free at the end, you may also choose whoever can benefit of it and stop it at any time (carefull on buyback value).

I have seen the bank product of UBS 3b, but it is not as flexible as in insurance as it is a copy of the 3A (obligation to have it done until retirement), and I have seen this small print that says in case you stop it before the end, the bank reserves the right in that case, to recalculate the given interests that were given from the beginning...............

So it is an interesting tool even if you don't pay taxes or cannot deduct it.

As many of you have been asking me about this 3b pillar, I will update the 3rd pillar section in the Glocals insurance guide and include a section for the 3b around christmas time.

I remain at your disposal if you need any additional information.

cheers

Aymeric, Glocals agent

Aymeric Brossard, Dec 9, 2014 @ 09:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1632 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form