Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Geneva GP's

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Geneva GP's

Hi All..

Just a quick question about GP fees in Geneva - what are they roughly? I went to see a doctor and was there for 10 min and she charged me 140 CHF. I just wanted to know if this is normal.

Thanks!!

;-)

The text you are quoting:

Hi All..

Just a quick question about GP fees in Geneva - what are they roughly? I went to see a doctor and was there for 10 min and she charged me 140 CHF. I just wanted to know if this is normal.

Thanks!!

;-)

Lisa HFeb 11, 2011 @ 22:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 841 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Geneva GP's
Post 1

In Switzerland doctors don't make their own prices, they're imposed by the state (google "Tarmed" if you want to know more). You usually get a detailed bill with every item taxed - like, the first 5 minutes, every further 5 minutes, physical exam, blood tests... etc. So it's difficult to say what "typical" fees would be because it all depends on what was done and whether it was an emergency or a regular consultation. For me, 140 CHF for a consultation can be totally normal.

The text you are quoting:

In Switzerland doctors don't make their own prices, they're imposed by the state (google "Tarmed" if you want to know more). You usually get a detailed bill with every item taxed - like, the first 5 minutes, every further 5 minutes, physical exam, blood tests... etc. So it's difficult to say what "typical" fees would be because it all depends on what was done and whether it was an emergency or a regular consultation. For me, 140 CHF for a consultation can be totally normal.

eva77, Feb 12, 2011 @ 12:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 841 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form