Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Geneva musicians jam or get together

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Geneva musicians jam or get together

Hi folks,

It's a while I'm a member of the Geneva Musicians group and some time that I've seen people posting that they play an instrument and would like to meet other people who play for jamming, learning, sharing ideas, etc.

But, I can't say that any of those requests have been answered, except of course if they were in private. So, it seems to me that a nice assembly of musicians is in order, whether only for a drink to discuss what we play, what style, etc, hopefully allowing some people to make contacts, form a band or whatever... and if there is enough interest already we could even consider  a full on jam session one evening in the near future.

So, let's see who's interested in this idea. Please share your thoughts, if this idea would be great, (or totally crap)... or any other spontaneous brainstorming ideas related to musicians glocals and geneva (like maybe we should write a glocals theme song).

The text you are quoting:

Hi folks,

It's a while I'm a member of the Geneva Musicians group and some time that I've seen people posting that they play an instrument and would like to meet other people who play for jamming, learning, sharing ideas, etc.

But, I can't say that any of those requests have been answered, except of course if they were in private. So, it seems to me that a nice assembly of musicians is in order, whether only for a drink to discuss what we play, what style, etc, hopefully allowing some people to make contacts, form a band or whatever... and if there is enough interest already we could even consider  a full on jam session one evening in the near future.

So, let's see who's interested in this idea. Please share your thoughts, if this idea would be great, (or totally crap)... or any other spontaneous brainstorming ideas related to musicians glocals and geneva (like maybe we should write a glocals theme song).

David WFeb 6, 2012 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

29 Replies | 2603 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Geneva musicians jam or get together
Post 1

yeah, perfect idea.. im and amateur 17 yo Guitar player)) im from Russia, i had kinda the same idea so i would be up)) my number +41799125670 

cheers)

yeah, perfect idea.. im and amateur 17 yo Guitar player)) im from Russia, i had kinda the same idea so i would be up)) my number +41799125670 

cheers)

Dima Krivenkov, Apr 1, 2012 @ 00:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Dima, 

Well since you are the first person to reply in 2 months since i posted that it wont' be much of a jam session. But maybe ppl thought i was a freak and are just waiting to see if anyone else dares join up!! 

;-)

Hi Dima, 

Well since you are the first person to reply in 2 months since i posted that it wont' be much of a jam session. But maybe ppl thought i was a freak and are just waiting to see if anyone else dares join up!! 

;-)

David W, Apr 1, 2012 @ 09:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Well I have no preferences... the only preference is to jam with multiple musicians... plus i have a friend who plays bass and also willing to jam a bit... 

im always opened for these kind of activities... 

by the way Davis you were right about the people to start writing here ))) 

and heres my phone in case u want to hangg out and discuss some stuff bout music)) +41 79 912 56 70

cheers

Well I have no preferences... the only preference is to jam with multiple musicians... plus i have a friend who plays bass and also willing to jam a bit... 

im always opened for these kind of activities... 

by the way Davis you were right about the people to start writing here ))) 

and heres my phone in case u want to hangg out and discuss some stuff bout music)) +41 79 912 56 70

cheers

Dima Krivenkov, Apr 1, 2012 @ 19:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi gentlemen, I am a rock singer and can playa bit of drums, I'm steady but boring, and was wondering if you guys know anywhere there are open mic nights or jams as I am missing singing with my band terribly.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi gentlemen, I am a rock singer and can playa bit of drums, I'm steady but boring, and was wondering if you guys know anywhere there are open mic nights or jams as I am missing singing with my band terribly.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Shelley Ward, Jun 6, 2012 @ 00:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi folks,

i'll be organising a little party in the month of june for all the musicians i know here in geneva. this is most definitely an open party and the more the merrier. i'd like to create a friendly network of people so that if anyone is working on a project or has just written a song and needs a drummer, singer, guitarist, bass player or whatever s/he can take out their phone and call a friend! i may even make it a name tag party, but with instruments on the tags instead of names! i will post the details of this party within the next week here on glocals - just in the middle of exams right now!

Hi folks,

i'll be organising a little party in the month of june for all the musicians i know here in geneva. this is most definitely an open party and the more the merrier. i'd like to create a friendly network of people so that if anyone is working on a project or has just written a song and needs a drummer, singer, guitarist, bass player or whatever s/he can take out their phone and call a friend! i may even make it a name tag party, but with instruments on the tags instead of names! i will post the details of this party within the next week here on glocals - just in the middle of exams right now!

manics1984, Jun 6, 2012 @ 09:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Dave,

Sorry... I didn't see your post before!  Embarassed

It is a great idea to organise a jam session! Unfortunately I can't be a big help as I'm don't really know any places in Geneva where we could do it. BUT, I'll defenitly join the jam session (taking my bass guitar), and help with any other thing I can do.

Manics' idea (above) sounds great!

Cheers,

Vanessa

Hi Dave,

Sorry... I didn't see your post before!  Embarassed

It is a great idea to organise a jam session! Unfortunately I can't be a big help as I'm don't really know any places in Geneva where we could do it. BUT, I'll defenitly join the jam session (taking my bass guitar), and help with any other thing I can do.

Manics' idea (above) sounds great!

Cheers,

Vanessa

Vanessa O, Jun 6, 2012 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

You know I am always game to jam and just chill Dave so count me in like always . 

You know I am always game to jam and just chill Dave so count me in like always . 

Tiago M, Jun 6, 2012 @ 14:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I'm a cellist and I've played in bands around Australia (bass and a little guitar as well). I can sing, too. Dyyyyyying for a jam!

I'm a cellist and I've played in bands around Australia (bass and a little guitar as well). I can sing, too. Dyyyyyying for a jam!

Harry Hall, Jun 6, 2012 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I dont play any instrument but I do vocals and I would love to join you guyz if there is anything planned Laughing

I dont play any instrument but I do vocals and I would love to join you guyz if there is anything planned Laughing

Kate O, Jun 6, 2012 @ 19:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I'm a singer. Happy to join as well.

Aja L, Aug 20, 2012 @ 12:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

wow, lots of people here i haven't had the pleasure to meet yet. 

i organised a little get together earlier this summer and really cool people came along. if anybody is interested im organising a second meet up first week of september. will post an ad soon. will invite all the lovely people who came to the first one. but needless to say everybody will be welcome.

wow, lots of people here i haven't had the pleasure to meet yet. 

i organised a little get together earlier this summer and really cool people came along. if anybody is interested im organising a second meet up first week of september. will post an ad soon. will invite all the lovely people who came to the first one. but needless to say everybody will be welcome.

manics1984, Aug 20, 2012 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I won't be here for the first week of September. :(

I won't be here for the first week of September. :(

Lisa M, Aug 20, 2012 @ 13:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi,

I provide play/record assistance for musicians and non musicians.

I would be interested in jamming, and I like funk :

http://youtu.be/N8HBtKiOQ-M

Hi,

I provide play/record assistance for musicians and non musicians.

I would be interested in jamming, and I like funk :

http://youtu.be/N8HBtKiOQ-M

Jango, Aug 20, 2012 @ 13:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hey cool, looks like there's some interest here after all. I must confess I'd not seen any but the very first post many months back. Embarassed

So Manics, I think your idea is great, to meet together and such before we organize a jam session. Please count me in for September. Probably a private message to those on the this thread would be the best... it's easy to miss seeing what's happening on the forum.

Cheers,
Dave.

Hey cool, looks like there's some interest here after all. I must confess I'd not seen any but the very first post many months back. Embarassed

So Manics, I think your idea is great, to meet together and such before we organize a jam session. Please count me in for September. Probably a private message to those on the this thread would be the best... it's easy to miss seeing what's happening on the forum.

Cheers,
Dave.

David W, Aug 20, 2012 @ 15:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Please count me in too - I'm Australian, play a bit of piano and sing, and would love to meet some people who love playing music.

Please count me in too - I'm Australian, play a bit of piano and sing, and would love to meet some people who love playing music.

Anita Ponsaing, Aug 29, 2012 @ 11:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

> The where: Who knows about a rehearsal room in GVA? Living in madrid you could rent a sound proof space either with or without instruments to play music. Is there such a place in GVA to jam?

I was wondering around the music shops in Geneva today and had a chat with one of guys there. Apartently there's NO place in Geneva where you can rent a rehearsal space for an hour. What exists are the rooms in the AMR (for AMR students and ateliers) and private spaces shared by several groups... looks like no luck on that front. For someone who was willing there's probably a lucrative buisness to get into. ;-)

> The where: Who knows about a rehearsal room in GVA? Living in madrid you could rent a sound proof space either with or without instruments to play music. Is there such a place in GVA to jam?

I was wondering around the music shops in Geneva today and had a chat with one of guys there. Apartently there's NO place in Geneva where you can rent a rehearsal space for an hour. What exists are the rooms in the AMR (for AMR students and ateliers) and private spaces shared by several groups... looks like no luck on that front. For someone who was willing there's probably a lucrative buisness to get into. ;-)

David W, Sep 1, 2012 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Hello,

There was a place where you could rent rehearsal rooms :

http://www.music-arts.ch/

But they are renovating at the moment.

If you like to hear one of my songs :

http://youtu.be/PEVeNLOZ3A4

Hello,

There was a place where you could rent rehearsal rooms :

http://www.music-arts.ch/

But they are renovating at the moment.

If you like to hear one of my songs :

http://youtu.be/PEVeNLOZ3A4

Jango, Sep 1, 2012 @ 15:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

I play a bit of blues harp and I'm learning guitar, pretty much on the below average side of amateur, definitely interested in anything jammish.

I play a bit of blues harp and I'm learning guitar, pretty much on the below average side of amateur, definitely interested in anything jammish.

Stephen G, Sep 9, 2012 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hi,

I would be interested in coming out to your september event Manics.

Hi,

I would be interested in coming out to your september event Manics.

chrigela, Sep 11, 2012 @ 16:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hi, I have been looking to start a band in Geneva. I need a drummer, bass player and lead guitarist. I am up for a jam too.

I like Pink Floyd, Oasis, Coldplay, Tom Petty, The Beatles and many more.

All the best

Will

Hi, I have been looking to start a band in Geneva. I need a drummer, bass player and lead guitarist. I am up for a jam too.

I like Pink Floyd, Oasis, Coldplay, Tom Petty, The Beatles and many more.

All the best

Will

William M, Mar 8, 2014 @ 21:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hi, i'm looking for people who want to jam(any instrument is welcome) and possibly collaborate on an innovative project. I play guitar and sing. 

Hi, i'm looking for people who want to jam(any instrument is welcome) and possibly collaborate on an innovative project. I play guitar and sing. 

Matt G, Oct 17, 2014 @ 15:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

I play guitar but I 'm just an amateur.  

I play guitar but I 'm just an amateur.  

JOHNNY MENESES, Oct 17, 2014 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Aug 20, 12 12:17

OMG... i still remember your lovely voice Aja at the ICV bar such a nice voice!!!

OMG... i still remember your lovely voice Aja at the ICV bar such a nice voice!!!

Anna Pearl, Oct 18, 2014 @ 00:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Hello I'm Daniel.

I play the guitar and I would actually try to put something up to cover or recreate the funky rock sound of rhcp.
Else i'm up to any cover band or try to create our own music.

Im really open and space a lot from rock to funky, from metal to country, from blues to folk.

To list some of my favourite band: RHCP, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty, Crash test Dummies, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, KISS, Talking Heads, and I could go on forever.

Hello I'm Daniel.

I play the guitar and I would actually try to put something up to cover or recreate the funky rock sound of rhcp.
Else i'm up to any cover band or try to create our own music.

Im really open and space a lot from rock to funky, from metal to country, from blues to folk.

To list some of my favourite band: RHCP, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty, Crash test Dummies, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, KISS, Talking Heads, and I could go on forever.

daniel fazio, Oct 21, 2014 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Hello,

I'm Daniel.

I play the guitar and the bass and I sing.

I also like RHCP.

There's a jam tonight at Fizz :

https://www.facebook.com/events/748898198491857/750143395034004/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Hello,

I'm Daniel.

I play the guitar and the bass and I sing.

I also like RHCP.

There's a jam tonight at Fizz :

https://www.facebook.com/events/748898198491857/750143395034004/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Jango, Oct 22, 2014 @ 10:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Thanks Asia! :) We'll be at the ICV Arcade again on November 6 if you want to come along.

Thanks Asia! :) We'll be at the ICV Arcade again on November 6 if you want to come along.

Aja L, Oct 22, 2014 @ 10:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Wow Aja!
I'll come and see you for sure!

Hey Jango do you wanna try put something up for rhcp?

Wow Aja!
I'll come and see you for sure!

Hey Jango do you wanna try put something up for rhcp?

daniel fazio, Oct 22, 2014 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Anyone still alive in here? am a drummer looking to jam...

Hrayr Wannis, Apr 15, 2016 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Apr 15, 16 18:01

Hi Hrayr, I',m alive and play guitar. Let me know if you're interested.

Hi Hrayr, I',m alive and play guitar. Let me know if you're interested.

Martin M, Oct 17, 2016 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
29 Replies | 2603 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form