Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Getting rid of carpets

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Getting rid of carpets

I've moved in to a new apartment with carpets on the bedroom and livingroom. I want to remove them (they're not glued to the floor) but I don't know what to do with these huge carpets (around 3.5m x 3m). Does anyone know someone who would be interested in buying these kind of things, or where I could dump them?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

I've moved in to a new apartment with carpets on the bedroom and livingroom. I want to remove them (they're not glued to the floor) but I don't know what to do with these huge carpets (around 3.5m x 3m). Does anyone know someone who would be interested in buying these kind of things, or where I could dump them?

Thanks!

Inês GomesMay 23, 2016 @ 00:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 850 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Getting rid of carpets
Post 1

Thanks!

May 23, 16 00:10

If you are renting furnished accommodation, the carpets will be part of the fixtures and fittings

so you cannot dispose of them, although you can take them up and store them in some place where they will not deteriorate as you will need to produce them when you leave the accommodation.

If you have an unfurnished rental, then you can try selling them on the  Classifieds or on the Coop and Migros notice-boards or offer them to one of the many local charities.

R.

If you are renting furnished accommodation, the carpets will be part of the fixtures and fittings

so you cannot dispose of them, although you can take them up and store them in some place where they will not deteriorate as you will need to produce them when you leave the accommodation.

If you have an unfurnished rental, then you can try selling them on the  Classifieds or on the Coop and Migros notice-boards or offer them to one of the many local charities.

R.

Ritchie, May 23, 2016 @ 01:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

As Rtichie says, check if you can actually throw them out.  If yes, your local council can come and collect bulky rubbish: you need to call them, explain what you are throwing out and they will tell you what day they will come and collect it, when you would leave the carpets on your pavement in the morning.  I don't remember if it is for free or for a fee - they can probably tell you. 

As Rtichie says, check if you can actually throw them out.  If yes, your local council can come and collect bulky rubbish: you need to call them, explain what you are throwing out and they will tell you what day they will come and collect it, when you would leave the carpets on your pavement in the morning.  I don't remember if it is for free or for a fee - they can probably tell you. 

J. F, May 24, 2016 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you all for your help!

Thank you all for your help!

Inês Gomes, May 25, 2016 @ 14:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Just a further word of advice to anyone taking up carpets and then walking on the

parquet flooring.

Stiletto heels can make tiny dents so that when you move out of the apartment you may well have to pay for the entire floor to be revarnished, which doesn’t come cheap.

A bon entendeur!

Just a further word of advice to anyone taking up carpets and then walking on the

parquet flooring.

Stiletto heels can make tiny dents so that when you move out of the apartment you may well have to pay for the entire floor to be revarnished, which doesn’t come cheap.

A bon entendeur!

Ritchie, May 25, 2016 @ 19:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 850 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form