Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Hail all Health foodies!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hail all Health foodies!

Hello, I've been living in the Geneva area for almost 2 months and still have not managed to find (my favourite) breakfast food - Steel cut oats. Also known as "coarse oats". These are quite different from the oat flakes we're used to seeing and making oat meal or granola out of, they look like little roundish shaped hard balls instead of like pressed out flakes. They're delicious and I can't find them anywhere!

I've been to all the major grocery store chains (Migros, Coop, Carrefour, Manor, Intermarche) and a couple health food stores (Satoriz, Bio Servette) with no luck. I was recently in the UK and saw many of the health food stores I checked out cary them - so I know it must not be a North American only type of food.    ^_^ Sadly I only had room in my suitcase for a small bag, and since I eat them every day I'd like to find a local supplier.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Brittany

The text you are quoting:

Hello, I've been living in the Geneva area for almost 2 months and still have not managed to find (my favourite) breakfast food - Steel cut oats. Also known as "coarse oats". These are quite different from the oat flakes we're used to seeing and making oat meal or granola out of, they look like little roundish shaped hard balls instead of like pressed out flakes. They're delicious and I can't find them anywhere!

I've been to all the major grocery store chains (Migros, Coop, Carrefour, Manor, Intermarche) and a couple health food stores (Satoriz, Bio Servette) with no luck. I was recently in the UK and saw many of the health food stores I checked out cary them - so I know it must not be a North American only type of food.    ^_^ Sadly I only had room in my suitcase for a small bag, and since I eat them every day I'd like to find a local supplier.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Brittany

brittany johnsonMay 21, 2010 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 769 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Hail all Health foodies!
Post 1

Try http://www.urbanbio.ch/ they have a huge selection of products if they don't have it possible ask them if they are able to order it

The text you are quoting:

Try http://www.urbanbio.ch/ they have a huge selection of products if they don't have it possible ask them if they are able to order it

Melanienyc, May 21, 2010 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 769 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form