Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Hairdressers

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Hairdressers
 Can anyone recommend a good and not too expensive hair dresser? There are so many in Geneva and its such a risk to just walk into one at random. 
The text you are quoting:
 Can anyone recommend a good and not too expensive hair dresser? There are so many in Geneva and its such a risk to just walk into one at random. 
happygirlOct 11, 2009 @ 09:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

21 Replies | 6823 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Hairdressers
Post 1
Hi, Please take a look at the "Tipping and Haircuts in Geneva" thread. I posted that and
went to Paul at Mods Hair. I love the cut. He is not cheap (119 CHF) for me, but the results
are better than what I have gotten at some fancy Los Angeles
Salons. 
Tiana replied with the below information for my
thread:

Paul works in Mod's hair - 24 rue du Mont Blanc (between Sarbuck's and McDonald's
in the pedestrian zone (going towards the lake from the train station)

tel 022
741 10 40
Mon-Sat (except on Wednesdays)

Service is not a cheap one, but
as haircut is not done twice per week, Paul is certainly worth the price.

For
shampoo, haircut and blowdry last time I paid 105 CHF (my hair has medium
lenght). 

He does not speak English, but some of the staff do, so you will be
able to get what you want. And, if you are not really sure what kind of hairstyle to choose, he
will be able to find one that will suit you.

As for the tip - same story - box with
names. I'm used to leaving few CHF in his
section.

Greetings,

Tiana
size="4">
color="#585755" size="4">Hope this
helps.
Best, Shelley 
Hi, Please take a look at the "Tipping and Haircuts in Geneva" thread. I posted that and
went to Paul at Mods Hair. I love the cut. He is not cheap (119 CHF) for me, but the results
are better than what I have gotten at some fancy Los Angeles
Salons. 
Tiana replied with the below information for my
thread:

Paul works in Mod's hair - 24 rue du Mont Blanc (between Sarbuck's and McDonald's
in the pedestrian zone (going towards the lake from the train station)

tel 022
741 10 40
Mon-Sat (except on Wednesdays)

Service is not a cheap one, but
as haircut is not done twice per week, Paul is certainly worth the price.

For
shampoo, haircut and blowdry last time I paid 105 CHF (my hair has medium
lenght). 

He does not speak English, but some of the staff do, so you will be
able to get what you want. And, if you are not really sure what kind of hairstyle to choose, he
will be able to find one that will suit you.

As for the tip - same story - box with
names. I'm used to leaving few CHF in his
section.

Greetings,

Tiana
size="4">
color="#585755" size="4">Hope this
helps.
Best, Shelley 
s a, Oct 20, 2009 @ 21:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I tried Paul and he did a great job!   Thanks so much as it is hard to find a good person to cut your hair!
I tried Paul and he did a great job!   Thanks so much as it is hard to find a good person to cut your hair!

libby m, Oct 23, 2009 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello everyone!

I tried a hairdresser in Annemasse. I'm living in France, but it's so close to Geneva! It's called "Shampoo" 22 avenue de la Gare 74100 Annemasse 0033/450.39.82.50.

I'm so glad I finally got a good and nice hairdresser. They are all great but my cut was made by Laure and she's very attentive to what you want. If you don't want a further hair care, she won't force at all. I paid 114 euros for the entire change: color (streaked), haircut, fringe, brushing. I have to say that I have long hair... that cost me generally more than that.

Cheers

Hello everyone!

I tried a hairdresser in Annemasse. I'm living in France, but it's so close to Geneva! It's called "Shampoo" 22 avenue de la Gare 74100 Annemasse 0033/450.39.82.50.

I'm so glad I finally got a good and nice hairdresser. They are all great but my cut was made by Laure and she's very attentive to what you want. If you don't want a further hair care, she won't force at all. I paid 114 euros for the entire change: color (streaked), haircut, fringe, brushing. I have to say that I have long hair... that cost me generally more than that.

Cheers

Aurélie M, Jan 28, 2010 @ 16:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

There's a great team at Franck Provost in rue Ancienne 54, Carouge (tel. 022 342 4430).  They are all pretty good at cutting and are not too expensive - CHF 87 for a great cut and blow dry.  I'm obsessed with my hair and used to go all the way to Annecy for a haircut, until I discovered Franck Provost.

There's a great team at Franck Provost in rue Ancienne 54, Carouge (tel. 022 342 4430).  They are all pretty good at cutting and are not too expensive - CHF 87 for a great cut and blow dry.  I'm obsessed with my hair and used to go all the way to Annecy for a haircut, until I discovered Franck Provost.

Liz M, Jan 28, 2010 @ 21:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Parallelles in the old town, really friendly and a cool, modern atmosphere. For me, they charge 58 CHF but I'm a guy so probably a bit cheaper than a lady's cut. 

Parallelles in the old town, really friendly and a cool, modern atmosphere. For me, they charge 58 CHF but I'm a guy so probably a bit cheaper than a lady's cut. 

Mattster, Jan 28, 2010 @ 21:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jan 28, 10 21:59

I agree that Parallele is really good. For girls it is more expensive - about 120 - but totally worth it.

I agree that Parallele is really good. For girls it is more expensive - about 120 - but totally worth it.

Lorenza J, Jan 29, 2010 @ 09:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Paul has apparently left Mod's hair altogether. Does anyone know where to find him??!!

Thanks,

Maria

Paul has apparently left Mod's hair altogether. Does anyone know where to find him??!!

Thanks,

Maria

MaRiA, Sep 22, 2010 @ 11:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thanks,

Maria

Sep 22, 10 11:43

Yes I used to have my hair cut by Paul and it seems that he left mod'shair rue du Montblanc recently. If anyone knows where he is now, please tell us !

Thanks,

Elodie

Yes I used to have my hair cut by Paul and it seems that he left mod'shair rue du Montblanc recently. If anyone knows where he is now, please tell us !

Thanks,

Elodie

Elodie C, Oct 19, 2010 @ 10:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I just had a haircut at Mod rue de mont blanc yesterday. It costs 62CHF for a man. It was a very very young boy who shampo me while the young gentlman was cutting my hair.

I was told that cutting hair here is around 50CHF for man in Geneva. If you are looking for cheaper, you can try France.

I just had a haircut at Mod rue de mont blanc yesterday. It costs 62CHF for a man. It was a very very young boy who shampo me while the young gentlman was cutting my hair.

I was told that cutting hair here is around 50CHF for man in Geneva. If you are looking for cheaper, you can try France.

dom p, Oct 23, 2010 @ 12:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thanks,

Elodie

Oct 19, 10 10:14

Hi Elodie - he stopped me on the street the other day (much to my delight) and he's now in Jean Louis David in Florissant!!

He said he may change to the one near Coop 2000 but for the moment he is in Florissant!

Maria

Hi Elodie - he stopped me on the street the other day (much to my delight) and he's now in Jean Louis David in Florissant!!

He said he may change to the one near Coop 2000 but for the moment he is in Florissant!

Maria

MaRiA, Nov 2, 2010 @ 17:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I just got my hair cut for the third time by Marita in Versoix (just off the Rue de Lausanne). Cost is CHF 43 (I'm a man, don't know why it's cheaper, for my wife I think it's about double when the compulsory 'extras' are factored in) and I've never had better haircuts than with Marita. Even my mother approves ...

(p.s. the hair in the photo is pre-Marita)

I just got my hair cut for the third time by Marita in Versoix (just off the Rue de Lausanne). Cost is CHF 43 (I'm a man, don't know why it's cheaper, for my wife I think it's about double when the compulsory 'extras' are factored in) and I've never had better haircuts than with Marita. Even my mother approves ...

(p.s. the hair in the photo is pre-Marita)

Cees K, Nov 3, 2010 @ 22:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Paul (ex Mod's Hair) now works in URBAN, rue de la Terrassiere. Effective 9 November 2010 :-)

http://www.urbangeneve.ch/index2.html

Paul (ex Mod's Hair) now works in URBAN, rue de la Terrassiere. Effective 9 November 2010 :-)

http://www.urbangeneve.ch/index2.html

MaRiA, Nov 8, 2010 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

And here we go again: Paul is no longer working at Urban. Does anyone know where is he now?!

And here we go again: Paul is no longer working at Urban. Does anyone know where is he now?!

vaio, Apr 11, 2015 @ 20:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Five years can be a long time in hairdressing so it’ll be interesting to see if Paul is still around these days.

Five years can be a long time in hairdressing so it’ll be interesting to see if Paul is still around these days.

Ritchie, Apr 12, 2015 @ 01:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

He definitely is. I just do not know yet where. :)

He definitely is. I just do not know yet where. :)

vaio, Apr 12, 2015 @ 21:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

You could always try José at Mod's Hair, Mt Blanc, he's great :-)

You could always try José at Mod's Hair, Mt Blanc, he's great :-)

Malin S, Apr 12, 2015 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Apr 11, 15 20:49

Hi there,

Paul has opened his own trendy hair salon in Eaux Vives (not far from Urban). Details below:

Name: Exclusive hair

Addres: 2 carrefour de rive 1207geneve  (tram stop: Terrassiere, 1st floor, above the Florist called "Guido". Door code: 7134 

Tel: 022 7362323 or 0799107959. .

Jeab and Jocelyne the nail technicians are also at the same place

Tel 022 7362323 or 078 9098167 /079 196 7646

Hi there,

Paul has opened his own trendy hair salon in Eaux Vives (not far from Urban). Details below:

Name: Exclusive hair

Addres: 2 carrefour de rive 1207geneve  (tram stop: Terrassiere, 1st floor, above the Florist called "Guido". Door code: 7134 

Tel: 022 7362323 or 0799107959. .

Jeab and Jocelyne the nail technicians are also at the same place

Tel 022 7362323 or 078 9098167 /079 196 7646

MaRiA, Apr 20, 2015 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Maria, million of thanks again!

Have been there already and I am happy with Paul's work as always. And the place is much nicer :)

Maria, million of thanks again!

Have been there already and I am happy with Paul's work as always. And the place is much nicer :)

vaio, Apr 30, 2015 @ 19:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Oh, wow, after I read this I want to try Paul too :) How much is for the ladies haircut? Thanks! And did you try nails there?

Oh, wow, after I read this I want to try Paul too :) How much is for the ladies haircut? Thanks! And did you try nails there?

Nina B, Aug 12, 2015 @ 10:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hi Nina B - here is the website with pricing etc for both hair and nails. http://www.exclusive-beauty.net/

I go to Jeab for my nails. She is excellent.

Thanks,

Maria

Hi Nina B - here is the website with pricing etc for both hair and nails. http://www.exclusive-beauty.net/

I go to Jeab for my nails. She is excellent.

Thanks,

Maria

MaRiA, Aug 24, 2015 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Paul now has his own salon - Exclusive Beauty, in Terassière. 0227362323. His prices are lower - I just had cut and blow dry for 85chf (short hair).

Paul now has his own salon - Exclusive Beauty, in Terassière. 0227362323. His prices are lower - I just had cut and blow dry for 85chf (short hair).

peoptimist, Jan 10, 2016 @ 11:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
21 Replies | 6823 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form