Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Health Insurance for infant

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Health Insurance for infant

Can anyone kindly suggest a good health insurance policy in Geneve for 6 month old infant (non-european).Thanks in advance.

The text you are quoting:

Can anyone kindly suggest a good health insurance policy in Geneve for 6 month old infant (non-european).Thanks in advance.

arpeeOct 20, 2010 @ 12:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 804 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Health Insurance for infant
Post 1

You might want to check the www.comparis.ch website.  They have good explanations in English about various insurance questions..

You might want to check the www.comparis.ch website.  They have good explanations in English about various insurance questions..

Translator, Oct 20, 2010 @ 12:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

You should insure your child at the same insurance as yourself. Usually they have some special solutions for families. Don't forget to include accident coverage for your child. And keep the "franchise" low (=the yearly amount you have to pay out of your pocket) - at that age kids cost a lot because of routine checks and vaccines.

You should insure your child at the same insurance as yourself. Usually they have some special solutions for families. Don't forget to include accident coverage for your child. And keep the "franchise" low (=the yearly amount you have to pay out of your pocket) - at that age kids cost a lot because of routine checks and vaccines.

eva77, Oct 20, 2010 @ 13:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank u so much Translater, Eva77 and Careena for ur replies.These have been useful infact.

Does anyone have experience with Helsena??

Thank u so much Translater, Eva77 and Careena for ur replies.These have been useful infact.

Does anyone have experience with Helsena??

Ramesh J, Oct 23, 2010 @ 12:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi careena,

Assura pays for medecines of course. But with Assura you pay immediatley the drugs and then your company give you back the money.

Regards

Hi careena,

Assura pays for medecines of course. But with Assura you pay immediatley the drugs and then your company give you back the money.

Regards

Alexandre B, Oct 23, 2010 @ 17:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Helsana = good prices for children (second cheapest rates)

Helsana = good prices for children (second cheapest rates)

Alexandre B, Oct 23, 2010 @ 17:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

My 3 children are insured under mutuel. I have never had any problems with them (Touch wood) All major bills i.e if they are in hospital go direct to them and they pay. For everything else it comes to us we pay first and then get reimbursed but I think this is the same for most of the insurance companies

My 3 children are insured under mutuel. I have never had any problems with them (Touch wood) All major bills i.e if they are in hospital go direct to them and they pay. For everything else it comes to us we pay first and then get reimbursed but I think this is the same for most of the insurance companies

pazzer, Oct 23, 2010 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Arpee:

If you're talking about mandatory basic-health insurance, then the policies are idential among all insurers, by law. 

The differences are in 3 main things:

- How you get the money back in case of claims. Some companies make you pay the bill and then they re-imburse you (like Assura), other companies pick up your tab directly (like Mutuel).

- How many questions the insurance is likely to ask you before paying you back. There's no rule here, but you have to look online at the reviews of each company. 

- The cost.While the coverage is identical, costs can differ significatly. 

Personally, I use Assure. Cheaper than the rest, and no issue getting paid by them. The downside is that when you buy medicine you need to pay with your own money, and they re-imburse you later. 

Nir

Arpee:

If you're talking about mandatory basic-health insurance, then the policies are idential among all insurers, by law. 

The differences are in 3 main things:

- How you get the money back in case of claims. Some companies make you pay the bill and then they re-imburse you (like Assura), other companies pick up your tab directly (like Mutuel).

- How many questions the insurance is likely to ask you before paying you back. There's no rule here, but you have to look online at the reviews of each company. 

- The cost.While the coverage is identical, costs can differ significatly. 

Personally, I use Assure. Cheaper than the rest, and no issue getting paid by them. The downside is that when you buy medicine you need to pay with your own money, and they re-imburse you later. 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Oct 24, 2010 @ 01:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

SO nice of u all guys for sharing the information  which is surely highly useful.    Will share our experience later.Best regards

SO nice of u all guys for sharing the information  which is surely highly useful.    Will share our experience later.Best regards

arpee, Oct 24, 2010 @ 20:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 804 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form