Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Help needed! In Geneva in two weeks!!!! Please

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help needed! In Geneva in two weeks!!!! Please

Hello everyone!
My name is Chiara and I'm Italian. I will be an intern in Geneva for three months, from March 1st 'till May 31st. 
I'm exited but a little bit scared too, I didn't find a place to stay yet and my budget is really low. everything is altready booked or unavailable. Do you have some advice for me? I really need to find something in two weeks! 

Nice to be here

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone!
My name is Chiara and I'm Italian. I will be an intern in Geneva for three months, from March 1st 'till May 31st. 
I'm exited but a little bit scared too, I didn't find a place to stay yet and my budget is really low. everything is altready booked or unavailable. Do you have some advice for me? I really need to find something in two weeks! 

Nice to be here

Chiara IFeb 13, 2017 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1074 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help needed! In Geneva in two weeks!!!! Please
Post 1

Hello,

I have a spare room that I can rent. I am a female, Swiss citizen, and am looking for a serious person, of course a female sutdent or temporay work in Geneva. I can offer all utilities, kitchen, TV, living room, internet, washing machine and a dryer. I am thinking to rent this room for 700 Swiss francs a month. What is your budget?

My e-mail: [email protected] or call 075 414 1702. 

Sincerely,

Taskeen

Hello,

I have a spare room that I can rent. I am a female, Swiss citizen, and am looking for a serious person, of course a female sutdent or temporay work in Geneva. I can offer all utilities, kitchen, TV, living room, internet, washing machine and a dryer. I am thinking to rent this room for 700 Swiss francs a month. What is your budget?

My e-mail: [email protected] or call 075 414 1702. 

Sincerely,

Taskeen

Taskeen Faiz, Feb 13, 2017 @ 12:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello everyone!

Nice to be here

Feb 13, 17 10:16

Are you checking the offers in the Classifieds regularly and have you placed an ad. of your own?  If not, don’t lose any more time.

You could also check the UN Geneva interns website.

Unfortunately, it is a sad fact of life that housing is very expensive in Geneva so be very careful if you see a really cheap offer.  It may not be as innocuous as it seems.

All the best, R.

Are you checking the offers in the Classifieds regularly and have you placed an ad. of your own?  If not, don’t lose any more time.

You could also check the UN Geneva interns website.

Unfortunately, it is a sad fact of life that housing is very expensive in Geneva so be very careful if you see a really cheap offer.  It may not be as innocuous as it seems.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Feb 13, 2017 @ 13:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Above all, DO NOT SEND any money in advance before seeing the place with your own eyes!

There are plenty of flatshare offers here in glocals, the price varies between CHF600 (really cheap) and CHF 1200 (really good flatshare).

If you take a flatshare in France voisine (Ferney Voltaire or Anemasse for example) you can expect to pay less, but you'll have to take public transport or bicycle to get to Geneva.

For a central flatshare, expect to pay around CHF1000 a month. There are some bargains, but go and visit the place before commiting!

Above all, DO NOT SEND any money in advance before seeing the place with your own eyes!

There are plenty of flatshare offers here in glocals, the price varies between CHF600 (really cheap) and CHF 1200 (really good flatshare).

If you take a flatshare in France voisine (Ferney Voltaire or Anemasse for example) you can expect to pay less, but you'll have to take public transport or bicycle to get to Geneva.

For a central flatshare, expect to pay around CHF1000 a month. There are some bargains, but go and visit the place before commiting!

geojusto, Feb 13, 2017 @ 13:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

If you have not yet found a place though you are now in Geneva you can try to airbnb for a few days while you look

If you have not yet found a place though you are now in Geneva you can try to airbnb for a few days while you look

Marcy S, Mar 2, 2017 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I would adivse mixing all of the above. Explain your situation to all of the people you book viewings with. That you intend to move in rapdily. Maybe even call a few before you view to build report. Gte the AIRBnb for a few days prior to secuing one of the places.

Search on faecbook for groups also as you shall find many adverts there.

I would adivse mixing all of the above. Explain your situation to all of the people you book viewings with. That you intend to move in rapdily. Maybe even call a few before you view to build report. Gte the AIRBnb for a few days prior to secuing one of the places.

Search on faecbook for groups also as you shall find many adverts there.

Jeremy Lee, Mar 2, 2017 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hello Chiara

I propose a room in Gex, french town close to Geneva by bus 45 mn. F bus by feet 10 mn.

In a calm and familly house with garden. 

Only 600 € with lunch and help for small homework.

free to 24 april to 24 june.

Contact me if interested, I send you some pics. Actually rented for a Wipo crew.

Ciao

Franck

Hello Chiara

I propose a room in Gex, french town close to Geneva by bus 45 mn. F bus by feet 10 mn.

In a calm and familly house with garden. 

Only 600 € with lunch and help for small homework.

free to 24 april to 24 june.

Contact me if interested, I send you some pics. Actually rented for a Wipo crew.

Ciao

Franck

Franck C, Mar 2, 2017 @ 15:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

www.johnknox.ch

www.johnknox.ch

viorica y, Mar 1, 2017 @ 01:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello. I have a large room to rent 3 minutes walk from Cornavin station And all public transport (few minutes tram ride from UN) It would be sharing with myself, female professional non smoker. Please let me know if interested and I can send some photos

kind regards

Morganne

Hello. I have a large room to rent 3 minutes walk from Cornavin station And all public transport (few minutes tram ride from UN) It would be sharing with myself, female professional non smoker. Please let me know if interested and I can send some photos

kind regards

Morganne

Morganne M, Mar 3, 2017 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1074 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form