Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Household contents insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Household contents insurance

Hi all,

When we arrive in geneva next month we will be temporarily renting a serviced apartment until we can secure a long term lease. We will have a travel insurance policy to cover our luggage and goods such as camera, laptop etc. but I am wanting to ensure these things are covered once we arrive in Geneva.

If we take out a contents policy while in the temporary accomodation is it transferable to the long term accomodation by a simple change of address form, or is the whole policy cancelled and we have to begin afreash?

Thanks.

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

When we arrive in geneva next month we will be temporarily renting a serviced apartment until we can secure a long term lease. We will have a travel insurance policy to cover our luggage and goods such as camera, laptop etc. but I am wanting to ensure these things are covered once we arrive in Geneva.

If we take out a contents policy while in the temporary accomodation is it transferable to the long term accomodation by a simple change of address form, or is the whole policy cancelled and we have to begin afreash?

Thanks.

Sammy JJun 30, 2010 @ 01:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1001 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Household contents insurance
Post 1

You can transfer it to your new address. Just be sure to insure the right amount, i.e. all the stuff (incl valuables) that you will have once you're in your permanent accommodation.

You should take your assurance ménage with the assurance responsabilité civile (liability insurance), you'll get a 10% discount (and you can have it to cover the whole family or couple).

You can transfer it to your new address. Just be sure to insure the right amount, i.e. all the stuff (incl valuables) that you will have once you're in your permanent accommodation.

You should take your assurance ménage with the assurance responsabilité civile (liability insurance), you'll get a 10% discount (and you can have it to cover the whole family or couple).

eva77, Jun 30, 2010 @ 08:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Household contents insurance
Post 2

Great, thats exactly what I wanted to hear.  The insured amount will take a bit of a guess considering we will not have purchased any of our furniture, appliances etc. at that point, but I'm sure we can deal with that.

Thanks.

Great, thats exactly what I wanted to hear.  The insured amount will take a bit of a guess considering we will not have purchased any of our furniture, appliances etc. at that point, but I'm sure we can deal with that.

Thanks.

Sammy J, Jul 1, 2010 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1001 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form