Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > How to exchange of £ coins

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How to exchange of £ coins

I have 10.30 £ in coins, it's not a lot but still would like to exchange it to CHF as I'm not traveling to UK anytime soon.

The banks and exchage offices don't want to deal with coins. Any idea how / where could I exchange it? Or maybe some of you travels to UK and would like to buy it from me?

The text you are quoting:

I have 10.30 £ in coins, it's not a lot but still would like to exchange it to CHF as I'm not traveling to UK anytime soon.

The banks and exchage offices don't want to deal with coins. Any idea how / where could I exchange it? Or maybe some of you travels to UK and would like to buy it from me?

anushkaJul 2, 2018 @ 21:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 851 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How to exchange of £ coins
Post 1

Jul 2, 18 21:42

Go on......be daring......just give it away

Go on......be daring......just give it away

sheila c, Jul 3, 2018 @ 11:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Indeed it's more generous

Indeed it's more generous
anushka, Jul 3, 2018 @ 16:41

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Actually it's my friend's coins Nd if she was on an expat payroll certainly would donnate it at the airport or maybe kept it as a frequent flyer to London City

Actually it's my friend's coins Nd if she was on an expat payroll certainly would donnate it at the airport or maybe kept it as a frequent flyer to London City
anushka, Jul 3, 2018 @ 16:44

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Just give it away. The amount of time your friend spent on it + and the amount of time you're spending on it + the crap exchange rate you'll end up getting after all that time, will mean you're working on this for about CHF 2 per hour. Give it away and go SUP at the lake instead...

Just give it away. The amount of time your friend spent on it + and the amount of time you're spending on it + the crap exchange rate you'll end up getting after all that time, will mean you're working on this for about CHF 2 per hour. Give it away and go SUP at the lake instead...

Nir Ofek, Jul 4, 2018 @ 16:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

If  someone’s in a situation where CHF 10 is not to be sniffed at, I’d be prepared to take £10 in UK coins provided they are still legal tender.  So when was your friend last in the UK, Anushka?

(Perhaps I sound over- cautious but I was once given, after delivering a short work assignment, over £50 in outdated UK bank notes along with a few dozen coins that had been found in the desk of a relative who had passed away some five years previously.  I managed, eventually, to convert the notes but the coins were a no-go.)

If  someone’s in a situation where CHF 10 is not to be sniffed at, I’d be prepared to take £10 in UK coins provided they are still legal tender.  So when was your friend last in the UK, Anushka?

(Perhaps I sound over- cautious but I was once given, after delivering a short work assignment, over £50 in outdated UK bank notes along with a few dozen coins that had been found in the desk of a relative who had passed away some five years previously.  I managed, eventually, to convert the notes but the coins were a no-go.)

Ritchie, Jul 4, 2018 @ 22:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 851 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form