Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > How to make a legal claim

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How to make a legal claim

Hello,

any advice much appreciated. Does anyone know how to go about making a legal claim against someone in Geneva? Do you have to take a lawyer for this or can you do it yourself? Any idea for websites/forums that would have more information about this?

Kind regards

Milli

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

any advice much appreciated. Does anyone know how to go about making a legal claim against someone in Geneva? Do you have to take a lawyer for this or can you do it yourself? Any idea for websites/forums that would have more information about this?

Kind regards

Milli

milli schmidtOct 1, 2010 @ 11:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 707 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How to make a legal claim
Post 1

Consult the Service des Avocats which offer cheapish (60 or 70CHF) legal advice, address is in the phone book

Consult the Service des Avocats which offer cheapish (60 or 70CHF) legal advice, address is in the phone book

loublue, Oct 7, 2010 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you very much. The case concerns a civil matter and it now appears that the first port of call is the so-called 'Justice de la Paix', which handels all claims up to CHF 8000 and where anyone (i.e. also non-lawyers) can raise a claim. Very keen to hear whether anyone has experience with this or whether this is wrong.

Thanks again

Thank you very much. The case concerns a civil matter and it now appears that the first port of call is the so-called 'Justice de la Paix', which handels all claims up to CHF 8000 and where anyone (i.e. also non-lawyers) can raise a claim. Very keen to hear whether anyone has experience with this or whether this is wrong.

Thanks again

milli schmidt, Oct 8, 2010 @ 08:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello,

Kind regards

Milli

Oct 1, 10 11:13

Hi, Milli:

I would contact these lawyers:

Collectif de défense

72, bd de Saint -Georges

1205 Genève

022 708 0060

They helped me with my separation.  They are Members of the Association of Progressive Lawyers and the price is very reasonable. 

If your claim involves a substantial amount of money, I would not attempt to file it yourself. You wouldn't want to make a mistake that might lead to a negative result. 

These lawyers also work very closely with the Center for Victims of Infractions, located in the same building.  The Center assists victims of domestic violence as well as other matters..

Hi, Milli:

I would contact these lawyers:

Collectif de défense

72, bd de Saint -Georges

1205 Genève

022 708 0060

They helped me with my separation.  They are Members of the Association of Progressive Lawyers and the price is very reasonable. 

If your claim involves a substantial amount of money, I would not attempt to file it yourself. You wouldn't want to make a mistake that might lead to a negative result. 

These lawyers also work very closely with the Center for Victims of Infractions, located in the same building.  The Center assists victims of domestic violence as well as other matters..

Translator, Oct 9, 2010 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 707 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form