Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > How to switch from prepaid SIM card to Monthly Plan? (Different provider)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How to switch from prepaid SIM card to Monthly Plan? (Different provider)

To get wifi in my apartment, the landlord is going to give me a box where I can put my SIM card in and get wifi for my laptop and iPhone. I have a prepaid SIM card but want to know how to transition from that to a monthly plan (Do I hand in the prepaid SIM card or get a new one for the monthly plan? Does the old prepaid SIM still deteriorate in credits until its credits reach 0?) Also, if I plan to use a different provider for my monthly plan than what I have with my SIM card, will I get another SIM card to use for that purpose? What should I do with my old SIM cards if I do find a new monthly plan provider?

The text you are quoting:

To get wifi in my apartment, the landlord is going to give me a box where I can put my SIM card in and get wifi for my laptop and iPhone. I have a prepaid SIM card but want to know how to transition from that to a monthly plan (Do I hand in the prepaid SIM card or get a new one for the monthly plan? Does the old prepaid SIM still deteriorate in credits until its credits reach 0?) Also, if I plan to use a different provider for my monthly plan than what I have with my SIM card, will I get another SIM card to use for that purpose? What should I do with my old SIM cards if I do find a new monthly plan provider?

Justin CMay 16, 2016 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 727 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: How to switch from prepaid SIM card to Monthly Plan? (Different provider)
Post 1

Hi,

You need to get a new one for monthly plan tho if its from the same company,you can ask to keep the same number. 

If its not the same company, you can still keep your prepaid simcard and have another one for monthly plan purpose. 

The Prepaid credits in your simcard shall stay in the same amount if you dont use. 

Best, Vic

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

You need to get a new one for monthly plan tho if its from the same company,you can ask to keep the same number. 

If its not the same company, you can still keep your prepaid simcard and have another one for monthly plan purpose. 

The Prepaid credits in your simcard shall stay in the same amount if you dont use. 

Best, Vic

Huong T, May 16, 2016 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 727 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form