Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > I'm coming out of the closet on glocals....

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
I'm coming out of the closet on glocals....

Hi everyone!

It's a secret that I've kept for years and years. It was actually easier here in Geneva, but still I feel it's time to get it out in the open, to face the facts and admit it.

I like country music. Surprised

Travis Tritt, Mary Chapin Capenter, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill, Shania Twain, Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson, Carrie Underwood, Clint Black, Dixie Chicks, etc. I really, truly like country music.

So, now, the question is: is there ANYwhere in Geneva (or closeby) where I can hear some country music live?

And, is there anyone who would dare to join me? ;)

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone!

It's a secret that I've kept for years and years. It was actually easier here in Geneva, but still I feel it's time to get it out in the open, to face the facts and admit it.

Travis Tritt, Mary Chapin Capenter, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill, Shania Twain, Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson, Carrie Underwood, Clint Black, Dixie Chicks, etc. I really, truly like country music.

So, now, the question is: is there ANYwhere in Geneva (or closeby) where I can hear some country music live?

ZonkerJan 3, 2010 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 2850 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: I'm coming out of the closet on glocals....
Post 1

Hi.

I'm not sure there is a particular place in Geneva, at least, I've never heard of such a place, where you can listen to the Country music. But there are some places in Geneva area where time to time you can catch some bands performing folk, country, bluegrass, acoustic country blues and so music.....

Les Enfants Terribles

Les Caves

Blues Assosiation de Genève

Arena

Le Chat Noir

L'Usine

http://www.chercheorchestre.com/

I can refer you to some useful links where you can trace Country music gigs. However, it is a time consuming job.

http://ve101.mx3.ch/band/index/11

http://www.myspace.com/cmcswitzerland

cheers

Hi.

I'm not sure there is a particular place in Geneva, at least, I've never heard of such a place, where you can listen to the Country music. But there are some places in Geneva area where time to time you can catch some bands performing folk, country, bluegrass, acoustic country blues and so music.....

Les Enfants Terribles

Les Caves

Blues Assosiation de Genève

Arena

Le Chat Noir

L'Usine

http://www.chercheorchestre.com/

I can refer you to some useful links where you can trace Country music gigs. However, it is a time consuming job.

http://ve101.mx3.ch/band/index/11

http://www.myspace.com/cmcswitzerland

cheers

Sam73, Jan 5, 2010 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi everyone!

Jan 3, 10 16:30

Hi!

I am also one of the Country Music Lovers here, but unfortunately i only hear my music online.

Its very rare to get Country Musicians   the calibre of   Don Williams, Charlie Pride, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton Martina Mcbride etc here since Country is mostly in English.

I will be glad to know of any concert that may be happening so that i can join.

Hi!

I am also one of the Country Music Lovers here, but unfortunately i only hear my music online.

Its very rare to get Country Musicians   the calibre of   Don Williams, Charlie Pride, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton Martina Mcbride etc here since Country is mostly in English.

I will be glad to know of any concert that may be happening so that i can join.

Gichana, Jan 6, 2010 @ 00:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Chess'co will be performing country Rock at Pickwicks (www.mrpickwick.ch) on Friday the 22nd of January.

Chess'co will be performing country Rock at Pickwicks (www.mrpickwick.ch) on Friday the 22nd of January.

DJ_Symcard, Jan 6, 2010 @ 08:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

nothing wrong with country or bluegrass or americana. I know usine has alternative country acts sometimes. Why i'm listening to kitty wells as we speak

nothing wrong with country or bluegrass or americana. I know usine has alternative country acts sometimes. Why i'm listening to kitty wells as we speak

harmanbhamra, Jan 6, 2010 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

y'all need to check out the Schaffarm in Merlischachen. It's a bit of a trek from here, but Irene Schmidt pulls in country music acts from all over Europe and North America.

www.schaffarm.ch

It's closed for the season, but a few years ago, my favorite y'allternative band Last Train Home played there.  It was a little trippy seeing them here, but totally worth the train ride.

y'all need to check out the Schaffarm in Merlischachen. It's a bit of a trek from here, but Irene Schmidt pulls in country music acts from all over Europe and North America.

www.schaffarm.ch

It's closed for the season, but a few years ago, my favorite y'allternative band Last Train Home played there.  It was a little trippy seeing them here, but totally worth the train ride.

misskate, Jan 10, 2010 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Ahahah,  awesome!

And is there a place to dance it as well? NEEEHOOOWWWW

Ahahah,  awesome!

And is there a place to dance it as well? NEEEHOOOWWWW

elisewin, Jan 17, 2010 @ 20:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

hey put this in the events calendar, you ll be suprised by attendance!

hey put this in the events calendar, you ll be suprised by attendance!

elisewin, Jan 17, 2010 @ 20:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Saturday 23rd of january is 'Tribute to Johnny Cash, Hank Williams & Dolly Parton' night at l'usine. 12 locals bands will be playing 3 songs each from these country folk legends. It should be a blast, be sure to be there!!

Saturday 23rd of january is 'Tribute to Johnny Cash, Hank Williams & Dolly Parton' night at l'usine. 12 locals bands will be playing 3 songs each from these country folk legends. It should be a blast, be sure to be there!!

JamieK, Jan 18, 2010 @ 18:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Here is a link to PTR site where you can find more info (in french) -->  http://www.ptrnet.ch/1983/

Here is a link to PTR site where you can find more info (in french) -->  http://www.ptrnet.ch/1983/

JamieK, Jan 18, 2010 @ 18:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Saturday, 23 Jan. 22:00,  Le Chat Noir - Mama Rosin

Saturday, 23 Jan. 22:00,  Le Chat Noir - Mama Rosin

Sam73, Jan 22, 2010 @ 15:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

i´m a country music fan, and really enjoy willy nelson among others. locally there is a band called New Country Rain that play all over the french part, and have a big following.

www.newcountryrain.ch

i know "Bill" personally and have jammed with him on occasion. check the website and see where they will appear next. you can also hear them play on this site as well.

cheers,

i´m a country music fan, and really enjoy willy nelson among others. locally there is a band called New Country Rain that play all over the french part, and have a big following.

www.newcountryrain.ch

i know "Bill" personally and have jammed with him on occasion. check the website and see where they will appear next. you can also hear them play on this site as well.

cheers,

epicure, Jan 22, 2010 @ 15:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 2850 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form