Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Kitesurf

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Kitesurf

I am a new beginner to kitesurfing and am in love with this sport!

Are there any kitesurfers around that goes short kiting trips/ random kiting trips on the nearby lakes?

The text you are quoting:

I am a new beginner to kitesurfing and am in love with this sport!

Are there any kitesurfers around that goes short kiting trips/ random kiting trips on the nearby lakes?

Marilyn HMar 23, 2017 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1517 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Kitesurf
Post 1

Hey Marilyn, debatting to bring my stuff, have you figured out easiest way to go yet?

Hey Marilyn, debatting to bring my stuff, have you figured out easiest way to go yet?

bob k, Apr 20, 2017 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Marilyn, i have just come to geneva and also a beginner to kiteing. Have you gone anywhere yet? :D

Hi Marilyn, i have just come to geneva and also a beginner to kiteing. Have you gone anywhere yet? :D

byeronie e, Apr 20, 2017 @ 22:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi everyone. Interested also..Did few classes ( not in Geneva) but i would.like to.contunue...

Hi everyone. Interested also..Did few classes ( not in Geneva) but i would.like to.contunue...
Levi U, May 1, 2017 @ 19:46

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

You can find windsurf lessons and equipment at the tropical corner and at vengeron (towards Versoix)

Regarding kitesurfing, I've heard it's not allowed in Geneva for security reasons with all the navigation in the lake, but I've seen some kitesurfers in Hermance, reachable by bicycle from Geneva.

You can find windsurf lessons and equipment at the tropical corner and at vengeron (towards Versoix)

Regarding kitesurfing, I've heard it's not allowed in Geneva for security reasons with all the navigation in the lake, but I've seen some kitesurfers in Hermance, reachable by bicycle from Geneva.

geojusto, May 2, 2017 @ 10:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

sorry it's not true that you can't kite on the lake, i do it often . it's only on the small lake close to la rade de genève that it's not allowed.

Usually we go kiting from versoix or le vengeron, if you want to know more about kiting in geneva or snowkiting close to geneva just ask me

karim

sorry it's not true that you can't kite on the lake, i do it often . it's only on the small lake close to la rade de genève that it's not allowed.

Usually we go kiting from versoix or le vengeron, if you want to know more about kiting in geneva or snowkiting close to geneva just ask me

karim

karim t, May 2, 2017 @ 16:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Bob K: i think quite a few places around but depending on the wind conditions and the level.. i am a complete beginner so, definitely out of bounds for me.. easiest way will be by car i guess.. check out... http://www.kitesurf.ch/spots

Byeronie: i've not gone anywhere in switzerland but i've just came back from tarifa... was awesome!! i'm checking out places in suisse to continue lessons.. so far.. lake como/ lake silvaplana came out in my research.. trying to find a school to continue my lessons.. i'm only at waterstart.. very beginner.. what is your level? 

Levi U: cool! will u still be looking at lessons?

Bob K: i think quite a few places around but depending on the wind conditions and the level.. i am a complete beginner so, definitely out of bounds for me.. easiest way will be by car i guess.. check out... http://www.kitesurf.ch/spots

Byeronie: i've not gone anywhere in switzerland but i've just came back from tarifa... was awesome!! i'm checking out places in suisse to continue lessons.. so far.. lake como/ lake silvaplana came out in my research.. trying to find a school to continue my lessons.. i'm only at waterstart.. very beginner.. what is your level? 

Levi U: cool! will u still be looking at lessons?

Marilyn H, May 2, 2017 @ 17:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi there. I have been saying all winter that I would love to learn to kitesurf on Lac Leman as soon as the summer's here.

I would be very interested in joining up for some lessons if anyone is looking into this. I have no equipment (yet) so this would need to be available for hire/included.

Jenny

Hi there. I have been saying all winter that I would love to learn to kitesurf on Lac Leman as soon as the summer's here.

I would be very interested in joining up for some lessons if anyone is looking into this. I have no equipment (yet) so this would need to be available for hire/included.

Jenny

Genvieve Glyddon, May 10, 2017 @ 14:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Marilyn, I am also a beginner, completed my coarse in South Africa and can water start etc. just need to practice now :) unfortunately I was in a skatboarding accident and now have a leg brace so won't be kiting anytime soon :( but when back I would be keen to do a few trips if you keen! 

Hi Marilyn, I am also a beginner, completed my coarse in South Africa and can water start etc. just need to practice now :) unfortunately I was in a skatboarding accident and now have a leg brace so won't be kiting anytime soon :( but when back I would be keen to do a few trips if you keen! 

byeronie e, May 10, 2017 @ 22:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Karim, I would love to hear more about where to go kite around geneva. Maybe you could inbox me or email me details? [email protected]

Karim, I would love to hear more about where to go kite around geneva. Maybe you could inbox me or email me details? [email protected]

byeronie e, May 10, 2017 @ 23:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
9 Replies | 1517 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form