Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Language courses for youngsters

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Language courses for youngsters

Hi,

We are moving to Geneva and will enrol our little one (6yo) into a local school. He does not speak any french, so wondered whether anyone has any experience with summer camps/courses for kids of this age so that he at least understands what's being said by the time he starts school in september...

Any help, ideas and insights will be really greatly welcome.

Cheers, Patrick

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

We are moving to Geneva and will enrol our little one (6yo) into a local school. He does not speak any french, so wondered whether anyone has any experience with summer camps/courses for kids of this age so that he at least understands what's being said by the time he starts school in september...

Any help, ideas and insights will be really greatly welcome.

Cheers, Patrick

patrick nApr 14, 2015 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 734 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Language courses for youngsters
Post 1

Hi!

He is quite young for a camp in Switzerland, most of them start for children who are a little bit older. The camps that I know are mostly English speaking and the ones who do a bilingual programme only start from around 9years.

I would have a look at our summer camps guide, there are a few (International Language Camps) who start from 7, so perhaps they would make an exception.

You can also send me a PM if you need more info.

Hi!

He is quite young for a camp in Switzerland, most of them start for children who are a little bit older. The camps that I know are mostly English speaking and the ones who do a bilingual programme only start from around 9years.

I would have a look at our summer camps guide, there are a few (International Language Camps) who start from 7, so perhaps they would make an exception.

You can also send me a PM if you need more info.

nickg_44, Apr 15, 2015 @ 15:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi, my 6yo daughter and I are also moving to Geneva end of the month and am planning to put her in the local school as well, so i'm interested in the same thing you are... summer camps where she can ease into French. Plus, she'll need to be preoccupied while I'm at work!:-)
Pls. let me know if you find anything for our kids' age group and I'll do the same. THANKS!

Cheers,

Fe

Hi, my 6yo daughter and I are also moving to Geneva end of the month and am planning to put her in the local school as well, so i'm interested in the same thing you are... summer camps where she can ease into French. Plus, she'll need to be preoccupied while I'm at work!:-)
Pls. let me know if you find anything for our kids' age group and I'll do the same. THANKS!

Cheers,

Fe

Fe K, Apr 15, 2015 @ 17:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi,

I am in the exact same situation with my 6yo son. Although he speaks English and some French I would like to know if there is a day camp that he can learn French throughout the summer so we can enroll him in the local school.

If anyone knows amything please inform the other. Smile

Thanks,

Dimitris

Hi,

I am in the exact same situation with my 6yo son. Although he speaks English and some French I would like to know if there is a day camp that he can learn French throughout the summer so we can enroll him in the local school.

If anyone knows amything please inform the other. Smile

Thanks,

Dimitris

Dimitris M, May 13, 2015 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 734 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form