Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Launching a webshop

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Launching a webshop

Hello all,

I am planning to launch a webshop soon and would like to know more about the legal obligations in Switzerland and the costs involved.

Given: revenues will be below 100k/year

My questions:

- Is it compulsory to register a company for my webshop?

- Is it compulsory to register for a VAT no.?

- What are my tax obligations? i.e. Do I need to pay an accountant to submit my tax application, or am I authorized to do it myself?

- What are the hidden cost when running a small webshop? (apart from domain, hosting)

So far my understanding is that I can go ahead and start the webshop and start selling without any registrations assuming the revenue is below 100k/year. But if that is the case who is going to check that the name of my webshop is not conflciting with another name in Switzerland?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Andre

The text you are quoting:

Hello all,

I am planning to launch a webshop soon and would like to know more about the legal obligations in Switzerland and the costs involved.

Given: revenues will be below 100k/year

My questions:

- Is it compulsory to register a company for my webshop?

- Is it compulsory to register for a VAT no.?

- What are my tax obligations? i.e. Do I need to pay an accountant to submit my tax application, or am I authorized to do it myself?

- What are the hidden cost when running a small webshop? (apart from domain, hosting)

So far my understanding is that I can go ahead and start the webshop and start selling without any registrations assuming the revenue is below 100k/year. But if that is the case who is going to check that the name of my webshop is not conflciting with another name in Switzerland?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Andre

Andre GAug 22, 2014 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 546 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 546 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form