Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Legitimation card - can spouse work?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Legitimation card - can spouse work?

Hello, my husband works for an international organization and I was issued a legitimation card as spouse of an employee of the organiation.

Originally I was told that I could work with this legitimation card in Switzerland but someone mentioned I cannot, rather I would need Ci permit.

I have researched on this in various sources (I even emailed Swiss mission, of course they don't reply) but still cannot find the exact answer. Really appreciate if someone can advise me.

Thanks! 

The text you are quoting:

Hello, my husband works for an international organization and I was issued a legitimation card as spouse of an employee of the organiation.

Originally I was told that I could work with this legitimation card in Switzerland but someone mentioned I cannot, rather I would need Ci permit.

I have researched on this in various sources (I even emailed Swiss mission, of course they don't reply) but still cannot find the exact answer. Really appreciate if someone can advise me.

Thanks! 

Hiroko NMay 16, 2017 @ 16:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1458 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Legitimation card - can spouse work?
Post 1

Please check your Inbox for a private message.

R.

Please check your Inbox for a private message.

R.

Ritchie, May 16, 2017 @ 20:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

https://www.ge.ch/moe/uk/autorisation.asp

Ci permit
Work permit for the spouse of an International civil servant who lives in the same household and the children admitted as family reunion and who are under 21 years of age. he competent body for the examination of the application for the Ci permit is the service Etrangers at the office cantonal de la population et des migrations (OCPM)
Subject to the duration of the post of the holder of the légitimation card from the Department of foreign affairs (DFAE).

https://www.ge.ch/moe/uk/autorisation.asp

Ci permit
Work permit for the spouse of an International civil servant who lives in the same household and the children admitted as family reunion and who are under 21 years of age. he competent body for the examination of the application for the Ci permit is the service Etrangers at the office cantonal de la population et des migrations (OCPM)
Subject to the duration of the post of the holder of the légitimation card from the Department of foreign affairs (DFAE).

Reka Y, May 16, 2017 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

With a legitimation card you can work for international organisations too or some NGOs. If you are European it might be possible to get a job in the private sector too but the company will have to process a permit for you. If you are non EU and are interested in working in the private sector your only option is to get a Ci.

With a legitimation card you can work for international organisations too or some NGOs. If you are European it might be possible to get a job in the private sector too but the company will have to process a permit for you. If you are non EU and are interested in working in the private sector your only option is to get a Ci.

Marcy S, May 17, 2017 @ 09:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I checked your message and thank you so much for your great advice! Really helps!

I checked your message and thank you so much for your great advice! Really helps!

Hiroko N, May 17, 2017 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

oh I see, I can't reply to individual thread...

Ritchie, thank you so much for your advice in your message! Start taking French lesssons soon!

Reka, thank you very much for the link! It clarifies the status of spouse of international civil servant. And thank you Marcy for your tips! I was actually looking at international organizations for work, so your tip really helps :)

oh I see, I can't reply to individual thread...

Ritchie, thank you so much for your advice in your message! Start taking French lesssons soon!

Reka, thank you very much for the link! It clarifies the status of spouse of international civil servant. And thank you Marcy for your tips! I was actually looking at international organizations for work, so your tip really helps :)

Hiroko N, May 17, 2017 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Yes you can, any family member can.

Yes you can, any family member can.

Nabeel A, May 17, 2017 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1458 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form