Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking for a dental surgeon

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for a dental surgeon
I'm looking for a dental surgeon who speaks English. Maybe someone can recommend a surgeon. I need to have a wisdom tooth removed. Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
I'm looking for a dental surgeon who speaks English. Maybe someone can recommend a surgeon. I need to have a wisdom tooth removed. Thanks!

MarzJul 7, 2009 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

17 Replies | 3711 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for a dental surgeon
Post 1
http://www.doctor.ch/

I would consider a flight to another country tho.  As mad as it may sound wait till the bill comes thro.  Dental care is costly in switzerland, but maybe wisdom teeth would be done in a hospital rather than dentists. im not sure.

http://www.doctor.ch/

I would consider a flight to another country tho.  As mad as it may sound wait till the bill comes thro.  Dental care is costly in switzerland, but maybe wisdom teeth would be done in a hospital rather than dentists. im not sure.
peaky, Jul 7, 2009 @ 19:50

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks Peaky. Yes, I'm considering flying to Budapest, but then again I'm not sure about their quality. I got a quote here for 2000 CHF to have both of my wisdom teeth removed. One of them will be a bit complicated to remove.
Thanks Peaky. Yes, I'm considering flying to Budapest, but then again I'm not sure about their quality. I got a quote here for 2000 CHF to have both of my wisdom teeth removed. One of them will be a bit complicated to remove.
Marz, Jul 7, 2009 @ 20:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
The quality will be fine, especially in hungary as they do alot of dental work for people living in countries where the cost is too high.  People wouldnt keep going back if they were no good.  Plus the teeth are being removed and there at the back so there not doing any visual work, i think you would still be able to smile for the cameras!
The quality will be fine, especially in hungary as they do alot of dental work for people living in countries where the cost is too high.  People wouldnt keep going back if they were no good.  Plus the teeth are being removed and there at the back so there not doing any visual work, i think you would still be able to smile for the cameras!
peaky, Jul 8, 2009 @ 10:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
hi there

switzerland has one of the best dental work quality worldwide. personally, I would not go abroad for that, unless you know ppl who have been treated there. in the end of the day you still have to pay the flight and the stay...

a 2000 CHF quot is definitively too much. you could have all 4 removed for that price, even if they are difficult.

concerning your choice, you can check the swiss dental association page

www.sso.ch

you can find all oral surgeons there on a list.

good luck

andrej
hi there

switzerland has one of the best dental work quality worldwide. personally, I would not go abroad for that, unless you know ppl who have been treated there. in the end of the day you still have to pay the flight and the stay...

a 2000 CHF quot is definitively too much. you could have all 4 removed for that price, even if they are difficult.

concerning your choice, you can check the swiss dental association page

www.sso.ch

you can find all oral surgeons there on a list.

good luck

andrej
and70, Jul 11, 2009 @ 21:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Hi - I had a wisdom tooth removed by the dentist at La Praille - Dr Beard. I had had really bad toothache and it happened to be my wisdom tooth. He took it out the day I went to get it checked out which I thought was really good. I did not pay anywhere near 2000chf. I can't remember exactly but it was something like 200-300chf. Let me know if you want the exact cost I can hunt out the bill
Hi - I had a wisdom tooth removed by the dentist at La Praille - Dr Beard. I had had really bad toothache and it happened to be my wisdom tooth. He took it out the day I went to get it checked out which I thought was really good. I did not pay anywhere near 2000chf. I can't remember exactly but it was something like 200-300chf. Let me know if you want the exact cost I can hunt out the bill
pazzer, Jul 12, 2009 @ 14:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
oops forgot to say he will always do you a quote so if you are not happy with the price then you can go somewhere else
oops forgot to say he will always do you a quote so if you are not happy with the price then you can go somewhere else
pazzer, Jul 12, 2009 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Dr. Risk (true name!) in Geneva, St Jean area, is Scottish and very good, took out some teeth in our family.
Dr. Risk (true name!) in Geneva, St Jean area, is Scottish and very good, took out some teeth in our family.
Ellen, Jul 12, 2009 @ 15:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

springday, Jul 12, 2009 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

springday, Jul 12, 2009 @ 16:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
If you're seeking dental work and looking into taking a holiday in the East, you could try Singapore!  After your surgery, you could take a tour of neighbouring countries like Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.  Check out Alexandra Hospital website where they have international clients.
If you're seeking dental work and looking into taking a holiday in the East, you could try Singapore!  After your surgery, you could take a tour of neighbouring countries like Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.  Check out Alexandra Hospital website where they have international clients.
springday, Jul 12, 2009 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
Thank you very much everyone for the posts and for the good info. I think I may have the work done in Switzerland or at least as suggested I will consult other dentists.

Pazzer- does the dentist speak English? I'm going to call them.

I think my extraction may be a bit complicated as my wisdom tooth grows sideways plus I have another wisdom tooth which grows normally to extract:-(

Thanks!
Thank you very much everyone for the posts and for the good info. I think I may have the work done in Switzerland or at least as suggested I will consult other dentists.

Pazzer- does the dentist speak English? I'm going to call them.

I think my extraction may be a bit complicated as my wisdom tooth grows sideways plus I have another wisdom tooth which grows normally to extract:-(

Thanks!
Marz, Jul 12, 2009 @ 18:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
Hi Marz - Yes he does speak English. I think he is bilingual as he is canadian. Good luck with the wisdom teeth!
Hi Marz - Yes he does speak English. I think he is bilingual as he is canadian. Good luck with the wisdom teeth!
pazzer, Jul 12, 2009 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
You could also try Dr. Lindsay Risk; he's Scottish so keep an eye on your gold fillings (!).

Rue de Saint-Jaen 9

1203 Geneve

022 344 2525
You could also try Dr. Lindsay Risk; he's Scottish so keep an eye on your gold fillings (!).

Rue de Saint-Jaen 9

1203 Geneve

022 344 2525
James Martin, Jul 13, 2009 @ 21:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14
Also try Dr Ugo Scampa- he's um..Italian, as you may have guessed but he speaks English and perfect French.He is expensive but he is fantastic,I loathe the dentist but he has managed to be completely painfree during every procedure I have had- fillings and tooth extractions :-( .He is at- 1 place St Gervais and I'll try and find the phone no.Good Luck!
Also try Dr Ugo Scampa- he's um..Italian, as you may have guessed but he speaks English and perfect French.He is expensive but he is fantastic,I loathe the dentist but he has managed to be completely painfree during every procedure I have had- fillings and tooth extractions :-( .He is at- 1 place St Gervais and I'll try and find the phone no.Good Luck!
hitchcockblo, Jul 15, 2009 @ 23:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
and that no. for Dr Scampa is:0227321334
and that no. for Dr Scampa is:0227321334
hitchcockblo, Jul 15, 2009 @ 23:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Try Cressida Dawson English lady - reccomend..

www.cressidadawson.com

Try Cressida Dawson English lady - reccomend..

www.cressidadawson.com

Jeffery S, Oct 1, 2016 @ 05:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Ekaterina Starkova, 5 rue de Cornavin, 1201 Genève, tel. 022 557 93 79

http://www.dentiste-cornavin.ch/