Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking to buy camcorder + digital piano + other electronics. Where?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking to buy camcorder + digital piano + other electronics. Where?

I'm looking to do some electronics shopping for a camcorder, digital piano and a few other items, and it hurts my fragile heart to see prices 30-70% higher than those in the UK/USA. I'm wondering what the best thing to do is:

1. Find a local store with reasonable prices in Geneva or around (France?). From my experience with prices here in general I imagine this would require divine intervention.

2. Order from the UK/USA paying the shipping costs (what kind of import tax can I expect in CH for this kind of goods?)

3. Buy online from CH websites. So far from what I've seen pickings are slim (toppreise.ch, digitec.ch...) and prices, again much higher than those on say Amazon or Ebay.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

M

The text you are quoting:

I'm looking to do some electronics shopping for a camcorder, digital piano and a few other items, and it hurts my fragile heart to see prices 30-70% higher than those in the UK/USA. I'm wondering what the best thing to do is:

1. Find a local store with reasonable prices in Geneva or around (France?). From my experience with prices here in general I imagine this would require divine intervention.

2. Order from the UK/USA paying the shipping costs (what kind of import tax can I expect in CH for this kind of goods?)

3. Buy online from CH websites. So far from what I've seen pickings are slim (toppreise.ch, digitec.ch...) and prices, again much higher than those on say Amazon or Ebay.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

M

Milos MDec 30, 2010 @ 23:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 893 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 893 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form