Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Millionaire density in Geneva is second only to Monaco and Zürich

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Millionaire density in Geneva is second only to Monaco and Zürich

I know it's saying nothing new, but it's always refreshing to have a reminder of how out of touch with the rest of the world is this small city.

Cities with the highest percentage of millionaires
The text you are quoting:

I know it's saying nothing new, but it's always refreshing to have a reminder of how out of touch with the rest of the world is this small city.

Paul DJul 23, 2014 @ 15:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 2749 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Millionaire density in Geneva is second only to Monaco and Zürich
Post 1

Uh, huh. There are 2.5 million people in Toronto and 180 k in Geneva. A coffee in Toronto costs 1/3 of what it costs here. I'm a little confused about what the message is.

Uh, huh. There are 2.5 million people in Toronto and 180 k in Geneva. A coffee in Toronto costs 1/3 of what it costs here. I'm a little confused about what the message is.

no.38, Jul 23, 2014 @ 15:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

trying to say that it's full of rich people looks like

trying to say that it's full of rich people looks like

Tim Nichols, Jul 23, 2014 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

In a town where an apartment is valued at about 1 million, it's not surprising that many older people become "accidental" millionaires in terms of  assets.  This doesn't mean that their spending power is any higher though.

In a town where an apartment is valued at about 1 million, it's not surprising that many older people become "accidental" millionaires in terms of  assets.  This doesn't mean that their spending power is any higher though.

nmcp, Jul 24, 2014 @ 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

even a million can't buy you a decent house in Switzerland. The question is how one is considered millionaire? if i own a house worth million on mortgage should i be considered millionaire? 

mr. A. deposit 1 million in bank so he is a millionaire. 

Bank now holds liability of 1million but it is also considered assets of the bank.  so bank is also millionaire. 

Mr. B takes a loan of 1 million from the same bank and also considered  it asset.  cash in bank.  

but all cash is never taken out of the bank.  so bank give same cash as loan to multiple people as no body ask for all the cash together. 

soryy i am not a professional accountant but is it the way how economy  works? 

so who is the real millionaire? 

even a million can't buy you a decent house in Switzerland. The question is how one is considered millionaire? if i own a house worth million on mortgage should i be considered millionaire? 

mr. A. deposit 1 million in bank so he is a millionaire. 

Bank now holds liability of 1million but it is also considered assets of the bank.  so bank is also millionaire. 

Mr. B takes a loan of 1 million from the same bank and also considered  it asset.  cash in bank.  

but all cash is never taken out of the bank.  so bank give same cash as loan to multiple people as no body ask for all the cash together. 

soryy i am not a professional accountant but is it the way how economy  works? 

so who is the real millionaire? 

waqas s, Jul 24, 2014 @ 11:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jul 23, 14 15:14

Meanwhile London has the sixth highest percentage of millionaires of any city, with 3.39% of its population a millionaire or above. There are a total of 281,000 millionaires who live in the capital.

(Or for the benefit of those 281,000 should I say,)

Между тем Лондон занимает шестое высокий процент миллионеров любого города, с 3,39% населения миллионера или выше. Есть в общей сложности 281 000 миллионеров, которые живут в столице. Laughing

Meanwhile London has the sixth highest percentage of millionaires of any city, with 3.39% of its population a millionaire or above. There are a total of 281,000 millionaires who live in the capital.

(Or for the benefit of those 281,000 should I say,)

Между тем Лондон занимает шестое высокий процент миллионеров любого города, с 3,39% населения миллионера или выше. Есть в общей сложности 281 000 миллионеров, которые живут в столице. Laughing

Rich, Jul 24, 2014 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

The article states it's a US Dollar million in liquid assets, so excluding your house and other fixed assets.  But to be fair the Swiss Franc has strengthed to such an extent against pretty much every currency in the world that it isnt surprising that there are now a large number of dollar millionaires in Switzerland. 

The article states it's a US Dollar million in liquid assets, so excluding your house and other fixed assets.  But to be fair the Swiss Franc has strengthed to such an extent against pretty much every currency in the world that it isnt surprising that there are now a large number of dollar millionaires in Switzerland. 

hucklewoo, Jul 24, 2014 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Does anyone else find it amusing that "Rich" has such a wonderful command of the Russian language!! Laughing.

To Waqas - although property has nothing to do with it, with almost zero interst rates and favourable mortgage plans, Switzerland is NOT an expensive place to buy property Cool

and to Paul D - The % "millionaires" in Zurich and Geneva is probably a result of Switzerland being "in touch" with the rest of the world (and their money) - not "out of touch" at all!!

Does anyone else find it amusing that "Rich" has such a wonderful command of the Russian language!! Laughing.

To Waqas - although property has nothing to do with it, with almost zero interst rates and favourable mortgage plans, Switzerland is NOT an expensive place to buy property Cool

and to Paul D - The % "millionaires" in Zurich and Geneva is probably a result of Switzerland being "in touch" with the rest of the world (and their money) - not "out of touch" at all!!

Carolyn C, Jul 24, 2014 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

If you read "Cougar in the Cover" (available on Amazon) you will see why Rich has such a great command of the Russian language. He's definitely a man of many talents Foot in Mouth

If you read "Cougar in the Cover" (available on Amazon) you will see why Rich has such a great command of the Russian language. He's definitely a man of many talents Foot in Mouth

Juliane S, Jul 28, 2014 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 2749 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form