Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Monthly pass for Regional train, bus and tram

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Monthly pass for Regional train, bus and tram

Hi all :)

I'm going to Geneva for 3 months, and I'll stay somewhere near Pont-Céard train station.

But my working place is located in Chemin des Anémones, so I'll have to take a Regional train first and then transfer to Bus or Tram after, everyday.

This is why I'm looking for some special fare like monthly pass that I can use for bus/tram as well as regional train.

I saw http://www.tpg.ch/en/web/site-international/fares/ this website, and it says it's only 45 CHF(I'm at junior fare) for a month - however, I'm not sure if it is only for bus/tram or if the regional train is included.

Do you guys have any idea? Please recommend me some way that I can spend less for transportation! :D

Heewon

The text you are quoting:

Hi all :)

I'm going to Geneva for 3 months, and I'll stay somewhere near Pont-Céard train station.

But my working place is located in Chemin des Anémones, so I'll have to take a Regional train first and then transfer to Bus or Tram after, everyday.

This is why I'm looking for some special fare like monthly pass that I can use for bus/tram as well as regional train.

I saw http://www.tpg.ch/en/web/site-international/fares/ this website, and it says it's only 45 CHF(I'm at junior fare) for a month - however, I'm not sure if it is only for bus/tram or if the regional train is included.

Do you guys have any idea? Please recommend me some way that I can spend less for transportation! :D

Heewon

Heewon SOct 21, 2014 @ 14:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 4003 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Monthly pass for Regional train, bus and tram
Post 1

The cost would indeed be CHF 45/month for a junior monthly pass with the UNIRESO:

http://www.cff.ch/abonnements-et-billets/communautes-tarifaires/communaute-tarifaire-geneve-et-region-unireso.html

With it you will be able to circulate on all means of public transportation in Geneva and in the surrounding areas in France.

The cost would indeed be CHF 45/month for a junior monthly pass with the UNIRESO:

http://www.cff.ch/abonnements-et-billets/communautes-tarifaires/communaute-tarifaire-geneve-et-region-unireso.html

With it you will be able to circulate on all means of public transportation in Geneva and in the surrounding areas in France.

Karin E, Oct 21, 2014 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Be careful however. I live in GEneva and work in Pont Ceard. I checked at the TPG office at the station and was told I could use my Unireso bus pass for trains going directly from Geneva to Pont Ceard. However, the other way to get to Pont Ceard by train is to take the train direct to Coppet (canton de Vaud) and change and get train back from Coppet to GVA. I sometimes take this if I have missed the direct train. BUT my Unireso bus pass is not valid as it is only for Geneva and Coppet is in the canton of Vaud.

Be careful however. I live in GEneva and work in Pont Ceard. I checked at the TPG office at the station and was told I could use my Unireso bus pass for trains going directly from Geneva to Pont Ceard. However, the other way to get to Pont Ceard by train is to take the train direct to Coppet (canton de Vaud) and change and get train back from Coppet to GVA. I sometimes take this if I have missed the direct train. BUT my Unireso bus pass is not valid as it is only for Geneva and Coppet is in the canton of Vaud.

delseta9_, Oct 22, 2014 @ 18:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Given the services offered by Geneva’s

public transport system, CHF 45 is a bargain price for a monthly pass.

But if your budget is really tight-tight, you could consider cycling to work.

R.

Given the services offered by Geneva’s

public transport system, CHF 45 is a bargain price for a monthly pass.

But if your budget is really tight-tight, you could consider cycling to work.

R.

Ritchie, Oct 22, 2014 @ 18:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Oh, thank you so much everyone! :)

Oh, thank you so much everyone! :)