Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Moving to France from New York; my appliances?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to France from New York; my appliances?

not sure whether I should sell my beloved kitchen appliances -- juicer, vitamin blender -- since their voltage is 120 and france is 220-240. I would like to bring them with me and use them in France. Is there any way they will work there and if yes, how? Thanks in advance for your help. Kerri

The text you are quoting:

not sure whether I should sell my beloved kitchen appliances -- juicer, vitamin blender -- since their voltage is 120 and france is 220-240. I would like to bring them with me and use them in France. Is there any way they will work there and if yes, how? Thanks in advance for your help. Kerri

kerri walkerApr 20, 2017 @ 17:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 892 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to France from New York; my appliances?
Post 1

Kerri

Please do not think of bringing to France your 120v appliance unless they are vintage items or collectibles of the '40ies or '50ies which you believe are worth to be classified as "antiques".

In order to operate the motor and keep it running  you will need a transformer (which you can already purchase in USA). Such new equipment is consuming many more watts thus costing you a lot on your electricity bill !

You are better of selling it prior to close your removalist container doors or leave it behind for your friends . Good news though for most electronic and computer apparatus is now operational from 110V to 240V so check your machines . For the fridge: no. Forget the washer and dryer and if you want a US made model available in 220V why not go buy a new one at export stores in N.Y. and load it in your container. ?

Good luck

Kerri

Please do not think of bringing to France your 120v appliance unless they are vintage items or collectibles of the '40ies or '50ies which you believe are worth to be classified as "antiques".

In order to operate the motor and keep it running  you will need a transformer (which you can already purchase in USA). Such new equipment is consuming many more watts thus costing you a lot on your electricity bill !

You are better of selling it prior to close your removalist container doors or leave it behind for your friends . Good news though for most electronic and computer apparatus is now operational from 110V to 240V so check your machines . For the fridge: no. Forget the washer and dryer and if you want a US made model available in 220V why not go buy a new one at export stores in N.Y. and load it in your container. ?

Good luck

Milord, Apr 20, 2017 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Moving to France from New York; my appliances?
Post 2

Hi, welcome :) a lot of mint condition equipment can be purchased once you are here either through this website's classifieds section or on FaceBook's countless second hand buy/sell groups, many in English. So save up on shipping costs and buy adapted equipment :)

Hi, welcome :) a lot of mint condition equipment can be purchased once you are here either through this website's classifieds section or on FaceBook's countless second hand buy/sell groups, many in English. So save up on shipping costs and buy adapted equipment :)

hay_, Apr 21, 2017 @ 09:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 892 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form