Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Musicians needed to start a band

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Musicians needed to start a band

Hi there,

My name is Tom. I am an American, guitar player and singer and am basically looking for friends to play music with. Ideally I would like to form a band and eventually do some performing. Cover bands get more opportunities so I would probably lean more to doing something like that, but I am not opposed to playing originals too. I, myself, write songs here and there.

I am pretty open to playing with any type of musician, whether youre a singer, guitar, piano, drum, bass, cello, violin etc player. It doesn't really matter to me. What matters is that we have compatable music tastes and that we get along, because after all music is supposed to be for fun.

My favorite artists are: The Avett Brothers, The Beatles, Elliott Smith, Brandi Carlile, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Coldplay, Crosby Stills and Nash, Neil Young, Billy Joel, James Taylor, John Denver and many more like these artists. 

I currently just have an acoustic guitar, but I can play electric and play some lead guitar. live in Gland which is about 20 mins by train from Geneva. If youre interested please let me know. I'd love to meet you!

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

My name is Tom. I am an American, guitar player and singer and am basically looking for friends to play music with. Ideally I would like to form a band and eventually do some performing. Cover bands get more opportunities so I would probably lean more to doing something like that, but I am not opposed to playing originals too. I, myself, write songs here and there.

I am pretty open to playing with any type of musician, whether youre a singer, guitar, piano, drum, bass, cello, violin etc player. It doesn't really matter to me. What matters is that we have compatable music tastes and that we get along, because after all music is supposed to be for fun.

My favorite artists are: The Avett Brothers, The Beatles, Elliott Smith, Brandi Carlile, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Coldplay, Crosby Stills and Nash, Neil Young, Billy Joel, James Taylor, John Denver and many more like these artists. 

I currently just have an acoustic guitar, but I can play electric and play some lead guitar. live in Gland which is about 20 mins by train from Geneva. If youre interested please let me know. I'd love to meet you!

thomas bossonJul 1, 2023 @ 08:11
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 832 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Musicians needed to start a band
Post 1

Howdy, i play guitar and sing. i'm into blues country and folk and i'm pretty noobish on guitar. I mostly play acountic.

I like doing covers of popular songs in a folk/country way. for instance, believer by imagine dragons sounds pretty swell on an acountic with a folk singer voice.

I'm also heavily influenced by blues, being from Memphis, TN.

Howdy, i play guitar and sing. i'm into blues country and folk and i'm pretty noobish on guitar. I mostly play acountic.

I like doing covers of popular songs in a folk/country way. for instance, believer by imagine dragons sounds pretty swell on an acountic with a folk singer voice.

I'm also heavily influenced by blues, being from Memphis, TN.

alex parker, Jul 19, 2023 @ 09:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the reply. We could try some imagine dragons etc. I like blues too 

Why dont you send me a text and we can plan out a time to get together.

My number is 0782557708

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the reply. We could try some imagine dragons etc. I like blues too 

Why dont you send me a text and we can plan out a time to get together.

My number is 0782557708

thomas bosson, Jul 19, 2023 @ 11:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Do you need a man with blues & chromatic harmonica?

Do you need a man with blues & chromatic harmonica?

Kris R, Jul 23, 2023 @ 22:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Kris, yeah we could use some harmonica. I already met Alex who replied above and adding harmonica to the sound would be cool. Message me at 0782557708 and we can plan a time to all get together if youd like.

Hi Kris, yeah we could use some harmonica. I already met Alex who replied above and adding harmonica to the sound would be cool. Message me at 0782557708 and we can plan a time to all get together if youd like.

thomas bosson, Jul 25, 2023 @ 13:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello Tom!

I'm a female singer with similar musical tastes.

Does that fit into your mix? :-)

Hello Tom!

I'm a female singer with similar musical tastes.

Does that fit into your mix? :-)

J C, Jul 25, 2023 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

J C!

Yeah just text me as well, we'll work it out. If you could send me any recordings of yourself singing that would be awesome and I can do the same if you want. I would really love to be able to sing with a girl, but also Im meeting lots of musicians now so even if it doesnt work out for us to play together (although I hope it does) I can also refer you to some good musicians.

J C!

Yeah just text me as well, we'll work it out. If you could send me any recordings of yourself singing that would be awesome and I can do the same if you want. I would really love to be able to sing with a girl, but also Im meeting lots of musicians now so even if it doesnt work out for us to play together (although I hope it does) I can also refer you to some good musicians.

thomas bosson, Jul 26, 2023 @ 00:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello Thomas!

Hope not too late and that you are still taking members- I mostly sing (although a bit rusty without much practice. and play some guitar (still at a beginner stage but can play songs I learn, mostly acoustic).

Still open for more people?

Hello Thomas!

Hope not too late and that you are still taking members- I mostly sing (although a bit rusty without much practice. and play some guitar (still at a beginner stage but can play songs I learn, mostly acoustic).

Still open for more people?

Julia S, Jul 26, 2023 @ 09:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Julia,

Yeah Im always open to forming a genuine connection through music so if you just text me we can plan to meet and also introduce you to some of the other musicians ive met and we can start playing. 0782557708 is the numba

Hi Julia,

Yeah Im always open to forming a genuine connection through music so if you just text me we can plan to meet and also introduce you to some of the other musicians ive met and we can start playing. 0782557708 is the numba

thomas bosson, Jul 28, 2023 @ 15:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

hello there !

I'm a rock singer looking for a band, I've performed for some 14ys with a band @ Cern.

My style: Led Zeppelin, Muse, RATM, Deep Purple, Janis Joplin but I'm opened to more.

Hope to hear from you.

Rox

hello there !

I'm a rock singer looking for a band, I've performed for some 14ys with a band @ Cern.

My style: Led Zeppelin, Muse, RATM, Deep Purple, Janis Joplin but I'm opened to more.

Hope to hear from you.

Rox

simaroxana, Aug 17, 2023 @ 11:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi there, I'm a drummer looking for a band as well. I'd prefer playing originals, though. I had to give up my two bands due to a recent move but hope to find fellow musicians in Geneva.

If anyone is interested in any of the following three genres please don't hesitate to reach out!

(melodic death) metal, think Gojira, Amon Amarth, Cattle Decapitation, Dark Tranquility, Opeth 

Prog rock, think Karnivool (of which I'm a huge fan), Tool, Ohgod, etc.

Funk (ideally with brass) like Tower of Power, Snarky Puppy, Funky Knuckles, Polyrythmics, Fazer, or something more crossover like Ezra Collective 

Hope to hear from you :)

Bastien

Hi there, I'm a drummer looking for a band as well. I'd prefer playing originals, though. I had to give up my two bands due to a recent move but hope to find fellow musicians in Geneva.

If anyone is interested in any of the following three genres please don't hesitate to reach out!

(melodic death) metal, think Gojira, Amon Amarth, Cattle Decapitation, Dark Tranquility, Opeth 

Prog rock, think Karnivool (of which I'm a huge fan), Tool, Ohgod, etc.

Funk (ideally with brass) like Tower of Power, Snarky Puppy, Funky Knuckles, Polyrythmics, Fazer, or something more crossover like Ezra Collective 

Hope to hear from you :)

Bastien

Bastien K, Aug 26, 2023 @ 11:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hey Thomas,  

I just wanted to say I am a Drumless Drummer who loves both Imagine Dragons  and Blues!  I hope you got your band together! 

Cheers,

Douglas 

Hey Thomas,  

I just wanted to say I am a Drumless Drummer who loves both Imagine Dragons  and Blues!  I hope you got your band together! 

Cheers,

Douglas 

Douglas T, Mar 13, 2024 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 832 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form