Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > New Years in Geneva ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
New Years in Geneva ?

Hello there,

We are two girls not really knowing what to do for New Years - the plans we had already made has unfortunately been cancelled in this last minute.

We were thinking about booking a table at Buddha Bar or joining the dinner/party at Emporium? 

However, as we are only us two lovely ladies we were thinking maybe someone wanted to join us - the more the merrier as you say :-)

We are very open to any other interesting ideas, would very much like to be able to dress up a little though, as it is only New Years once a year ;-)

The text you are quoting:

Hello there,

We are two girls not really knowing what to do for New Years - the plans we had already made has unfortunately been cancelled in this last minute.

We were thinking about booking a table at Buddha Bar or joining the dinner/party at Emporium? 

However, as we are only us two lovely ladies we were thinking maybe someone wanted to join us - the more the merrier as you say :-)

We are very open to any other interesting ideas, would very much like to be able to dress up a little though, as it is only New Years once a year ;-)

Caroline KDec 23, 2010 @ 20:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

33 Replies | 3261 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: New Years in Geneva ?
Post 1

Hi Caroline, I am also staying in Geneva...So it's possible then I would like to join...

I think both Bhudda bar or Emporium could be nice but I am open for other ideas too...

Hi Caroline, I am also staying in Geneva...So it's possible then I would like to join...

I think both Bhudda bar or Emporium could be nice but I am open for other ideas too...

hyeomer, Dec 23, 2010 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Caroline, hey Hyeomer,

I'm also still looking for a good place/party to go with some friends on New Year's eve. Unfortunately I haven't been to Emporium yet. Do you know what type of music they typically play there?

Also, do you maybe have any other ideas or previous experiences of good places for New Years eve?

Many thanks in advance, Christos

Hi Caroline, hey Hyeomer,

I'm also still looking for a good place/party to go with some friends on New Year's eve. Unfortunately I haven't been to Emporium yet. Do you know what type of music they typically play there?

Also, do you maybe have any other ideas or previous experiences of good places for New Years eve?

Many thanks in advance, Christos

Christos M, Dec 26, 2010 @ 15:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi

My husband, a female friend and I are also looking for options. There is the Kempinski silvester evening, which is going to be awesome: DJ, one glass of champagne, soft drinks for free, Java Club included, buffet and that FANTASTIC lake view to the fireworks!

But the price is 350 francs and for a couple it makes 700 francs. A little bit out of our budget, but that is my tip for New Years Eve. Anyone with a nice and fun, but cheaper idea?

Cheers!!

Ana Paula 

Hi

My husband, a female friend and I are also looking for options. There is the Kempinski silvester evening, which is going to be awesome: DJ, one glass of champagne, soft drinks for free, Java Club included, buffet and that FANTASTIC lake view to the fireworks!

But the price is 350 francs and for a couple it makes 700 francs. A little bit out of our budget, but that is my tip for New Years Eve. Anyone with a nice and fun, but cheaper idea?

Cheers!!

Ana Paula 

Anajorn, Dec 26, 2010 @ 23:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi all, I think we are considering the Emporium due to a rather limited budget - 90 CHF for a nice dinner, followed by party :-)

Hi all, I think we are considering the Emporium due to a rather limited budget - 90 CHF for a nice dinner, followed by party :-)

Caroline K, Dec 27, 2010 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi, yes I agree that the Kempinski/Java offer is out of any reasonable price range. So most likely Emporium will be the place to go (the music on their homepage also sounds good ;-) )

Hi, yes I agree that the Kempinski/Java offer is out of any reasonable price range. So most likely Emporium will be the place to go (the music on their homepage also sounds good ;-) )

Christos M, Dec 27, 2010 @ 19:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Yes, I am also for the Emporium/Bhudha bar option :)

Yes, I am also for the Emporium/Bhudha bar option :)

hyeomer, Dec 27, 2010 @ 20:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hey Maryana, no doubt that the food is excellent at 4seasons but I have doubts concerning the party! An alternative to Emporium could be the Little Buddha bar at Place Neuve (good music). On the other hand I haven't been to Emporium yet, so I cannot comment. But hey, good occasion to find out ;-)

Hey Maryana, no doubt that the food is excellent at 4seasons but I have doubts concerning the party! An alternative to Emporium could be the Little Buddha bar at Place Neuve (good music). On the other hand I haven't been to Emporium yet, so I cannot comment. But hey, good occasion to find out ;-)

Christos M, Dec 27, 2010 @ 22:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Little Buddha bar is 180/250 CHF for the two menus they offer.... I just dont know what the options are for dancing after dinner? 

Little Buddha bar is 180/250 CHF for the two menus they offer.... I just dont know what the options are for dancing after dinner? 

Caroline K, Dec 27, 2010 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I love Buddha Bar, really! It is kind of addictive and I love lounge and their whole collection of music.

But, as a Brazilian I have a huge problem spending New Years Eve in an underground bard! Seriously! For me it is so important to be in a place where I can see the outside (or be outside, preferably!) when it turns midnight! It is cultural, I know. We are very sensitive to these symbolical dates. Anyway, I guess it is not happening in Geneva, so I better find somewhere quickly! As a couple in Geneva, it seems impossible to spend less than 500 chf on the 31 for a reasonable place.

Too bad!

But other than that, Little Buddha is now THE bar in Geneva.

I love Buddha Bar, really! It is kind of addictive and I love lounge and their whole collection of music.

But, as a Brazilian I have a huge problem spending New Years Eve in an underground bard! Seriously! For me it is so important to be in a place where I can see the outside (or be outside, preferably!) when it turns midnight! It is cultural, I know. We are very sensitive to these symbolical dates. Anyway, I guess it is not happening in Geneva, so I better find somewhere quickly! As a couple in Geneva, it seems impossible to spend less than 500 chf on the 31 for a reasonable place.

Too bad!

But other than that, Little Buddha is now THE bar in Geneva.

Anajorn, Dec 27, 2010 @ 22:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

The menu at Emporium sounds delicious....

Caroline K, Dec 27, 2010 @ 22:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Night Animals Club: 
www.nightanimalsclub.com

Looks interesting and the price is reasonable: for 350 you can invite 4 friends, then just share the bill!

Night Animals Club: 
www.nightanimalsclub.com

Looks interesting and the price is reasonable: for 350 you can invite 4 friends, then just share the bill!

Anajorn, Dec 27, 2010 @ 22:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Dec 27, 10 22:43

A friend of mine went there and it was really poor.

I think Buddha is a good alternative to extremely expensive places.

A friend of mine went there and it was really poor.

I think Buddha is a good alternative to extremely expensive places.

kelly taylor, Dec 27, 2010 @ 22:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Ana Paula, we looked at that too - but then it is necessary to sort out dinner before.... :-)

Kelly, thanks, as it is a new place we didnt know how it is....

Ana Paula, we looked at that too - but then it is necessary to sort out dinner before.... :-)

Kelly, thanks, as it is a new place we didnt know how it is....

Caroline K, Dec 27, 2010 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Other option: http://genevalunch.com/geneva-living/2010/12/27/outdoor-new-year-eves-celebration-in-geneva-and-free-taxi-service/

This is for free, outdoors and the taxi takes you home for free if you drink too much! 

It might be a nice idea to celebrate outside, with cheap drinks and lots of people, then head to a club after midnight. La Garçoniere is just nearby and is very fun!

Other option: http://genevalunch.com/geneva-living/2010/12/27/outdoor-new-year-eves-celebration-in-geneva-and-free-taxi-service/

This is for free, outdoors and the taxi takes you home for free if you drink too much! 

It might be a nice idea to celebrate outside, with cheap drinks and lots of people, then head to a club after midnight. La Garçoniere is just nearby and is very fun!

Anajorn, Dec 27, 2010 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Anajorn, Dec 27, 2010 @ 23:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

I think I'll just flip a coin ;-)  

I think I'll just flip a coin ;-)  

Christos M, Dec 27, 2010 @ 23:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Buddha bar is open till 4 - if anyone would like to join let us know, we are thinking about booking a table tomorrow - it might be necessary to pass by to pay 50% in advance in order to reserve though

Buddha bar is open till 4 - if anyone would like to join let us know, we are thinking about booking a table tomorrow - it might be necessary to pass by to pay 50% in advance in order to reserve though

Caroline K, Dec 27, 2010 @ 23:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

I remember calling Buddha in December 10 days before my birth celebration (early december) and the tables were all gone!! As the new hot spot in Geneva, 3 days away from NYE is a very short notice to get a table there.

I remember calling Buddha in December 10 days before my birth celebration (early december) and the tables were all gone!! As the new hot spot in Geneva, 3 days away from NYE is a very short notice to get a table there.

Anajorn, Dec 27, 2010 @ 23:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

We checked already and they still had, we just need to confirm tomorrow :-)

We checked already and they still had, we just need to confirm tomorrow :-)

Caroline K, Dec 27, 2010 @ 23:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Dears,

How many are you now ? 

Dears,

How many are you now ? 

Mohamed Fathy, Dec 28, 2010 @ 00:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Dec 27, 10 23:24

Hey Caroline, so I am in for the Bhudha bar. How do you want to sort out the advance for the booking for the table? Shall we meet at Bhudha bar or elsewhere, and one of us take care of the reservation? :)

Hey Caroline, so I am in for the Bhudha bar. How do you want to sort out the advance for the booking for the table? Shall we meet at Bhudha bar or elsewhere, and one of us take care of the reservation? :)

hyeomer, Dec 28, 2010 @ 12:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Little Buddha won the coin flip... ;-) see you all there!

Little Buddha won the coin flip... ;-) see you all there!

Christos M, Dec 28, 2010 @ 20:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Omer, have you already called there? Buddha is amazing location but you know they have problems with temperature inside when it's too crowded...

Omer, have you already called there? Buddha is amazing location but you know they have problems with temperature inside when it's too crowded...

Onis, Dec 28, 2010 @ 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Dec 28, 10 21:33

Hey Onis, No I haven't called bhuda bar yet (I thought perhaps one of the initial organizers will take care of the bookings). You are right, it gets very very hot when its crowded (i experienced that when it was opened few weeks ago) and new year eve would be very crowded in their basement...

Hey Onis, No I haven't called bhuda bar yet (I thought perhaps one of the initial organizers will take care of the bookings). You are right, it gets very very hot when its crowded (i experienced that when it was opened few weeks ago) and new year eve would be very crowded in their basement...

hyeomer, Dec 28, 2010 @ 21:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

OK, let's see what's going on, because i'm also in Geneva.. no plans.. 1st of Jan - my b-day... life su.. Have to be optimistic ;)

OK, let's see what's going on, because i'm also in Geneva.. no plans.. 1st of Jan - my b-day... life su.. Have to be optimistic ;)

Onis, Dec 28, 2010 @ 21:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

OK.. Well then we got to celebrate your b-day :))

Yeah lets touch base on this in few days...I don't know about others on this thread whether they have booked their individual tables or not...

OK.. Well then we got to celebrate your b-day :))

Yeah lets touch base on this in few days...I don't know about others on this thread whether they have booked their individual tables or not...

hyeomer, Dec 28, 2010 @ 22:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Hi Omer & Co :-)

I just got back to Geneva from CPH today so it has been a little hectic all day with delays and traveling back...

My girlfriend might in this last minute go to Paris instead, so why dont we figure something out tomorrow.

Caroline

I just got back to Geneva from CPH today so it has been a little hectic all day with delays and traveling back...

My girlfriend might in this last minute go to Paris instead, so why dont we figure something out tomorrow.

Caroline

Caroline K, Dec 28, 2010 @ 22:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Well, happy birthday in a few days!   After a few drinks it just looks like everyone is celebrating it, right?

Plus you are definitely young enough that you can just party right on through from the 31st into the first.  No need to sleep on your birthday :-)

And, the other big bonus is you NEVER have to take the day off the day after....

Well, happy birthday in a few days!   After a few drinks it just looks like everyone is celebrating it, right?

Plus you are definitely young enough that you can just party right on through from the 31st into the first.  No need to sleep on your birthday :-)

And, the other big bonus is you NEVER have to take the day off the day after....

beoneel, Dec 28, 2010 @ 22:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Hi All,

We will go to Pierre party  and all  what we need to do   is to bring something to eat and something to drink, preferably a specialty from our  own country Laughing. I believe this is very good idea for someone new  to the group like me .Wink

Wishing you all the best and Happy New Year for you and ypur family Kiss

Hi All,

We will go to Pierre party  and all  what we need to do   is to bring something to eat and something to drink, preferably a specialty from our  own country Laughing. I believe this is very good idea for someone new  to the group like me .Wink

Wishing you all the best and Happy New Year for you and ypur family Kiss

Mohamed Fathy, Dec 28, 2010 @ 23:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Caroline

Dec 28, 10 22:24

Hey Caroline,

Welcome back to Geneva :) Good idea...I suggest we perhaps spontaneously plan some thing for NY eve. I will be in Geneva any ways...

See you,

Omer

Hey Caroline,

Welcome back to Geneva :) Good idea...I suggest we perhaps spontaneously plan some thing for NY eve. I will be in Geneva any ways...

See you,

Omer

hyeomer, Dec 29, 2010 @ 14:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Hi all,

My GF and I have FINALLY booked a table at Buddha Bar - anyone wishing to join should make their own reservation and ask to be seated with us (Caroline Rothe Klemmensen) - they only have the gourmet menu left 250 CHF, but is also sounds very delicious.

Happy New Year in advance to all!

Hi all,

My GF and I have FINALLY booked a table at Buddha Bar - anyone wishing to join should make their own reservation and ask to be seated with us (Caroline Rothe Klemmensen) - they only have the gourmet menu left 250 CHF, but is also sounds very delicious.

Happy New Year in advance to all!

Caroline K, Dec 29, 2010 @ 19:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

@all dudes: I suppose we will all suit up for buddha right? ;)

See you there, otherwise happy new year

@all dudes: I suppose we will all suit up for buddha right? ;)

See you there, otherwise happy new year

Christos M, Dec 31, 2010 @ 19:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

Thank you again for everyone who helped with his/her comments to narrow down buddha as the place to go for dinner and party. The food was amazing and at the party we met people from everywhere. Will definitely keep in mind both, bar and restaurant for upcoming parties.

Happy New Year to all of you and all the best in 2011

Godt Nytår! Frohes neues Jahr! Eftixizmenos o Kaenourios xronos! Buon Capodanno! Feliz Ano Novo

Christos :))

Thank you again for everyone who helped with his/her comments to narrow down buddha as the place to go for dinner and party. The food was amazing and at the party we met people from everywhere. Will definitely keep in mind both, bar and restaurant for upcoming parties.

Happy New Year to all of you and all the best in 2011

Godt Nytår! Frohes neues Jahr! Eftixizmenos o Kaenourios xronos! Buon Capodanno! Feliz Ano Novo

Christos :))

Christos M, Jan 1, 2011 @ 10:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
33 Replies | 3261 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form