Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Please help...need urgent info on health insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Please help...need urgent info on health insurance
Hello everyone,

I currently live in Geneva and pregnant.  My husband and I are looking to rent an apartment in Ferney Voltaire. My question is - I have a health insurance plan here in Geneva, will I continue to be covered by this plan if I tell them that I changed my address to France especially that I need to continue to see my doctor in Geneva and also will give birth at the hopital cantonal (Geneva University Hospital)?

Thank you for your help.

The text you are quoting:
Hello everyone,

I currently live in Geneva and pregnant.  My husband and I are looking to rent an apartment in Ferney Voltaire. My question is - I have a health insurance plan here in Geneva, will I continue to be covered by this plan if I tell them that I changed my address to France especially that I need to continue to see my doctor in Geneva and also will give birth at the hopital cantonal (Geneva University Hospital)?

Thank you for your help.

Geneva_08Jul 27, 2009 @ 02:24

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1305 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Please help...need urgent info on health insurance
Post 1
Just phone them it will all be fine you just need to ask and they will give you all the information you need, make sure to ask for it in writing then if there are any differences later you have it in black and white. Good luck and congratulations.
Just phone them it will all be fine you just need to ask and they will give you all the information you need, make sure to ask for it in writing then if there are any differences later you have it in black and white. Good luck and congratulations.
swissbrit, Jul 29, 2009 @ 18:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you swisssbrit. When I talk to the insurance company, the stories differe from one person to the other....sigh... and that's the problem.

Thank you swisssbrit. When I talk to the insurance company, the stories differe from one person to the other....sigh... and that's the problem.
Geneva_08, Jul 29, 2009 @ 23:21

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks a lot isa413. We were trying to cut down on our rental cost by going to Ferney but I guess it will be a hassle with the paperwork so it might not be wise to make the move now as you suggested. 

Thanks a lot isa413. We were trying to cut down on our rental cost by going to Ferney but I guess it will be a hassle with the paperwork so it might not be wise to make the move now as you suggested. 
Geneva_08, Jul 29, 2009 @ 23:23

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

And frankly, as a kid would you prefer to tell your friends that you were born in Geneva, Switzerland or "Ferny Voltaire". Please:D

And frankly, as a kid would you prefer to tell your friends that you were born in Geneva, Switzerland or "Ferny Voltaire". Please:D
Verbier, Jul 29, 2009 @ 23:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

lol...haven't thought of that one Verbier :)

lol...haven't thought of that one Verbier :)
Geneva_08, Jul 30, 2009 @ 11:41

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
hi,

i live in ferney-voltaire and just had a baby at HUG in may using swiss insurance. They told me that i would have to pay bills directly and get reimbursed by insurance, but in the end so far most of the bills have been paid directly. I think it will likely be fie, it is not an unusual situation.

good luck!

katrine

[quote]Hello everyone,

I currently live in Geneva and pregnant.My husband and I are looking to rent an apartment in Ferney Voltaire. My question is - Ihave a healthinsurance planhere in Geneva, will I continue to be covered by this plan if Itell them that I changedmy addressto France especially that I need to continue to see my doctor in Geneva and also will give birth atthe hopital cantonal (Geneva University Hospital)?

Thank you for your help.

[/quote]
hi,

i live in ferney-voltaire and just had a baby at HUG in may using swiss insurance. They told me that i would have to pay bills directly and get reimbursed by insurance, but in the end so far most of the bills have been paid directly. I think it will likely be fie, it is not an unusual situation.

good luck!

katrine

[quote]Hello everyone,

I currently live in Geneva and pregnant.My husband and I are looking to rent an apartment in Ferney Voltaire. My question is - Ihave a healthinsurance planhere in Geneva, will I continue to be covered by this plan if Itell them that I changedmy addressto France especially that I need to continue to see my doctor in Geneva and also will give birth atthe hopital cantonal (Geneva University Hospital)?

Thank you for your help.

[/quote]
Babasagna, Aug 1, 2009 @ 12:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1305 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form