Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Please tell some members that this is not a dating site

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Please tell some members that this is not a dating site
 In the past three days I have had PMs from three (I am sure very nice) young men asking me out for a drink or dinner.

On my profile I have not put any personal things about me, not even a photo!!  To even give the impression that I am single or available.

I know i am not a regular poster nor have I met up for drinks or dinners within the meeting up do's. 

But i do enjoy the fact that there is an international grape vine to which i could go to when and need to.

Thanks.

PS  You guys are doing a great job for all the newbies in town!!
The text you are quoting:
 In the past three days I have had PMs from three (I am sure very nice) young men asking me out for a drink or dinner.

On my profile I have not put any personal things about me, not even a photo!!  To even give the impression that I am single or available.

I know i am not a regular poster nor have I met up for drinks or dinners within the meeting up do's. 

But i do enjoy the fact that there is an international grape vine to which i could go to when and need to.

Thanks.

patsycatOct 19, 2009 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

63 Replies | 5515 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Please tell some members that this is not a dating site
Post 1
Ok in all fairness I don't think Id ever try on hit on someone over this cause its about as classy as doing it through facebook or myspace, but hell, just ignore it.

Thats what people do on other social media pages and its probably the best option, because theres always going to be some creepers out there who think that they can use this as a means of, well, gettin some. The internet has tons of upside, this just happens to be one of the downsides, its the way it is.
Ok in all fairness I don't think Id ever try on hit on someone over this cause its about as classy as doing it through facebook or myspace, but hell, just ignore it.

Thats what people do on other social media pages and its probably the best option, because theres always going to be some creepers out there who think that they can use this as a means of, well, gettin some. The internet has tons of upside, this just happens to be one of the downsides, its the way it is.

Andy H, Oct 19, 2009 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Oct 19, 09 18:01
 "............its the way it is" has proven to be the most dangerous ,counterproductive ideology there is ,think if that cave man had thought "strick this against that,nar.... " or maybe" proper banking regulation ,nar.........."
 "............its the way it is" has proven to be the most dangerous ,counterproductive ideology there is ,think if that cave man had thought "strick this against that,nar.... " or maybe" proper banking regulation ,nar.........."
newexpat, Oct 19, 2009 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Oct 19, 09 18:37
Yeah OK because bank regulation or massive impositions like that are such an appropriate example to put on the same page as someone being a little sleezy on the internet.

If someone wants to do that then they are probably going to, if they says stuff thats over the top report it and its dealt with.

I think in this kind of situation the ignoring part works best because honestly they will more than likely go away on their own.

Just my 2 cents though.
Yeah OK because bank regulation or massive impositions like that are such an appropriate example to put on the same page as someone being a little sleezy on the internet.

If someone wants to do that then they are probably going to, if they says stuff thats over the top report it and its dealt with.

I think in this kind of situation the ignoring part works best because honestly they will more than likely go away on their own.

Just my 2 cents though.

Andy H, Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 why not accept an invitation, go out and get a life....or is your name Carrie Bradshaw?
 why not accept an invitation, go out and get a life....or is your name Carrie Bradshaw?
tax_exile, Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Especially when you get asked out by people who are married. I mean ok i have married friends and i go out with them (with or without their wives) but a married guy who i never met before asking me out? No way!
Especially when you get asked out by people who are married. I mean ok i have married friends and i go out with them (with or without their wives) but a married guy who i never met before asking me out? No way!

Maria_, Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Well I why dont you just ignore as andy said. why do you take it such a big issue, of coz this is
not a dating side and if he just asking for drink how do you know the parson trying to date you.
specially when you dont have a picture of your self who is going to ask you to go out, this is such
a joke for me ;)
Well I why dont you just ignore as andy said. why do you take it such a big issue, of coz this is
not a dating side and if he just asking for drink how do you know the parson trying to date you.
specially when you dont have a picture of your self who is going to ask you to go out, this is such
a joke for me ;)
ja_nixon, Oct 19, 2009 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
:)) ~better when somebody asks you to go out than nothing. And don't be afraid to talk with strangers, hey, it's Geneva, what can happen? =)
:)) ~better when somebody asks you to go out than nothing. And don't be afraid to talk with strangers, hey, it's Geneva, what can happen? =)

Onis, Oct 19, 2009 @ 20:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

i say to all of you who agree that this not a dating site, let's meet up for drinks!! :)))

i say to all of you who agree that this not a dating site, let's meet up for drinks!! :)))

Hakan O, Oct 19, 2009 @ 20:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
2 Berthrand R

Be optimist!=)))))))))

lol, let's go somewhere all together
2 Berthrand R

Be optimist!=)))))))))

lol, let's go somewhere all together

Onis, Oct 19, 2009 @ 20:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
 ok, but i warn you, this is not a date :))
 ok, but i warn you, this is not a date :))
Hakan O, Oct 19, 2009 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
sounds good. just fix the date and time, try not fix during working hours ( normal) I'm up for it,
sounds good. just fix the date and time, try not fix during working hours ( normal) I'm up for it,

ja_nixon, Oct 19, 2009 @ 21:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12
All, 
I'm one of the co-founders of glocals.com. 
The 'dating' thing has been a bit of a topic for us from the very start. We wanted to create a friendly place, where everyone - single, marries, gay, straight - would feel welcome and not harassed. 
We know some folks met their loved ones on glocals, and that's not an issue. 
It does become an issue when folks try to use more aggressive tactics to try to pick someone up, or when folks who get gently turned down persist. 
YOU CAN HELP HERE by immediately reporting any member who acts in a way you think is inappropriate. We usually take quick action in such cases. 
Thanks, 
Nir
All, 
The 'dating' thing has been a bit of a topic for us from the very start. We wanted to create a friendly place, where everyone - single, marries, gay, straight - would feel welcome and not harassed. 
It does become an issue when folks try to use more aggressive tactics to try to pick someone up, or when folks who get gently turned down persist. 
YOU CAN HELP HERE by immediately reporting any member who acts in a way you think is inappropriate. We usually take quick action in such cases. 
Thanks, 
Nir
Nir Ofek, Oct 19, 2009 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13
All, 
Thanks, 
Nir
Oct 19, 09 22:09
There we go thats all it needs right there. If someone's a-creepin, give em a whoopin ;-)
There we go thats all it needs right there. If someone's a-creepin, give em a whoopin ;-)

Andy H, Oct 19, 2009 @ 23:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Oct 19, 09 20:50
I dig, im here the next few days, drop me a msg. I needa meet some peeps anywho.

Best,
Andy
I dig, im here the next few days, drop me a msg. I needa meet some peeps anywho.

Best,
Andy

Andy H, Oct 19, 2009 @ 23:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Thanks.

Oct 19, 09 15:29
a thread just to mention that??? if I were upset of people proposing me "nicely" a drink or dinner, I would lock myself in my room,never go out again, and never go on internet to socialize!I hope if no men were interested in you, you would put a thread to complain too.
a thread just to mention that??? if I were upset of people proposing me "nicely" a drink or dinner, I would lock myself in my room,never go out again, and never go on internet to socialize!I hope if no men were interested in you, you would put a thread to complain too.
Glaxys, Oct 19, 2009 @ 23:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Best,
Andy

Oct 19, 09 23:23
definitely it's a good idea, i'm in :)

Onis, Oct 19, 2009 @ 23:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
Wow I am surprised that someone would be offended at being invited for a drink or dinner. Especially when you don't have a photo up - it's clearly not a physical thing. I could understand if you were being hassled after saying no thanks, but this is a social networking site after all, and I know I'm new here, but isn't that just people being sociable?

If anybody's up in Neuchâtel and fancies being sociable, give me a shout. I know a great fondue restaurant, but fondue for one just doesn't work!
Wow I am surprised that someone would be offended at being invited for a drink or dinner. Especially when you don't have a photo up - it's clearly not a physical thing. I could understand if you were being hassled after saying no thanks, but this is a social networking site after all, and I know I'm new here, but isn't that just people being sociable?

If anybody's up in Neuchâtel and fancies being sociable, give me a shout. I know a great fondue restaurant, but fondue for one just doesn't work!

Kirsty F, Oct 20, 2009 @ 00:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18
my my my those hungry dogs! patsycat that's really a problem... can't comment on the form but I agree on the substance, if a someone was hiting on me based on a "blind" profile I would also find it downright upsetting
my my my those hungry dogs! patsycat that's really a problem... can't comment on the form but I agree on the substance, if a someone was hiting on me based on a "blind" profile I would also find it downright upsetting

Fidelio V, Oct 20, 2009 @ 00:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Oct 19, 09 23:40
Oh man, she agreed to meet up! Onis, you're so definitely a predator!!!!!  :D

LOL @ this entire thread.

TheMoney, Oct 20, 2009 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Oct 20, 09 13:17
All we need is Chris Hansen with dateline NBC:

'Why don't you take a seat'

Andy H, Oct 20, 2009 @ 13:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Oct 20, 09 13:35

"Have a seat...So, what are you DOING here????"

"Have a seat...So, what are you DOING here????"

TheMoney, Oct 20, 2009 @ 14:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22
 I'm loving this!!!

I just remarked on a rather silly upset that I had had and you all come out of the woodwork.

Is there any way that replies to my topic do not end up in my e-mail??

I am not feeling stalked or anything, i just think that it is a bit creepy that single males trawl through the members profiles and hit on the single or not so single women there.

No need for a big shitfest.

Maybe i shall do the same....!!!!!
 I'm loving this!!!

I just remarked on a rather silly upset that I had had and you all come out of the woodwork.

I am not feeling stalked or anything, i just think that it is a bit creepy that single males trawl through the members profiles and hit on the single or not so single women there.

patsycat, Oct 20, 2009 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23
 I'm loving this!!!

Oct 20, 09 17:49
Click 'unsubscribe from thread' at the bottom of the thread, and this should stop e-mails.

I guess with so many differences... background, culture, generations etc... what is and isn't acceptable is never going to be agreed upon by everybody.
Click 'unsubscribe from thread' at the bottom of the thread, and this should stop e-mails.

I guess with so many differences... background, culture, generations etc... what is and isn't acceptable is never going to be agreed upon by everybody.

Kirsty F, Oct 20, 2009 @ 18:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24
 first of all, who is Chris Hansen? O_____o

2 TheMoney

hahahhaahah, noooooo, Im not a predator :) it was about "let's go all together", not only about Andy_H :))
 first of all, who is Chris Hansen? O_____o

2 TheMoney

hahahhaahah, noooooo, Im not a predator :) it was about "let's go all together", not only about Andy_H :))
Onis, Oct 20, 2009 @ 19:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25
OK, someone has to say it... after 11 years here and 3 in glocals I am leaving Geneva in one week so... why not?
I thanks glocals for so many great nights.
I have known amazing people here without ever atending to one event just chating and meeting face to face, one by one. Most of my friends in this city are people to whom one night I sent a "hi" from the glocals chat.
I love them and I love glocals for that.
I have started two amazing love relationships just by trying to "pick up" some girl who was online at really late hours on a Friday night.
And yes... thanks to glocals I have got laid... a lot.
And I am not the only guy, nor the only girl who has done that. We love doing it because that is one of the things that makes Geneva so special. For many reasons but specially for one with brown eyes and eastern accent, it´s part of my past already however I am happy that people here will keep doing it: enjoying the freedom, the mistery, the risk, the happiness and the sadness.
For all those mornings I have woken up next to a couple of beautiful eyes that I had just seen the evening before in the little picture on the chat...

thanks glocals!

keep not being a dating site.
I´ll miss you
OK, someone has to say it... after 11 years here and 3 in glocals I am leaving Geneva in one week so... why not?
I thanks glocals for so many great nights.
I have known amazing people here without ever atending to one event just chating and meeting face to face, one by one. Most of my friends in this city are people to whom one night I sent a "hi" from the glocals chat.
I love them and I love glocals for that.
I have started two amazing love relationships just by trying to "pick up" some girl who was online at really late hours on a Friday night.
And yes... thanks to glocals I have got laid... a lot.
And I am not the only guy, nor the only girl who has done that. We love doing it because that is one of the things that makes Geneva so special. For many reasons but specially for one with brown eyes and eastern accent, it´s part of my past already however I am happy that people here will keep doing it: enjoying the freedom, the mistery, the risk, the happiness and the sadness.
For all those mornings I have woken up next to a couple of beautiful eyes that I had just seen the evening before in the little picture on the chat...

thanks glocals!

keep not being a dating site.
I´ll miss you

resqp, Oct 20, 2009 @ 20:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26
Its simple basically:

People want to find their other half in geneva (since we are here)
People dont speak french.
People need to meet people who speak english
Glocals organise english speaking events
People meet people through glocals
People click with someone and find their other half (in glocals)

Glocals is not a dating site but hey, s**t happens :P

Its simple basically:

Maria_, Oct 20, 2009 @ 23:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27
Its simple basically:

Oct 20, 09 23:37
I like your style.
I like your style.

Andy H, Oct 21, 2009 @ 00:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28
Don't breathe, don't go places, don't internet, don't write, don't walk, don't talk... For short, don't exist. That would be a way not to be bothered. Glocals may not be a dating sate, but it sure is a socializing site. Now, where do we put the line? As Maria said, hey, s**t happens, and boy I'm glad it does!
Don't breathe, don't go places, don't internet, don't write, don't walk, don't talk... For short, don't exist. That would be a way not to be bothered. Glocals may not be a dating sate, but it sure is a socializing site. Now, where do we put the line? As Maria said, hey, s**t happens, and boy I'm glad it does!

Free, Oct 21, 2009 @ 00:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29
OMG .. so if i meet somebody at an event and we click we can't live happily ever after BECOZ we met on glocals ?

well why not open up a "dating" tab .. right next to the give away and handman ad's .. there are people on here who would welcome a date .. although i'm not in favour of the déjà vu "mail from male" with a kiss/hug/slurp sign-off before i've even met them either !

à bon entendeur .. 
OMG .. so if i meet somebody at an event and we click we can't live happily ever after BECOZ we met on glocals ?

well why not open up a "dating" tab .. right next to the give away and handman ad's .. there are people on here who would welcome a date .. although i'm not in favour of the déjà vu "mail from male" with a kiss/hug/slurp sign-off before i've even met them either !

à bon entendeur .. 

atoll, Oct 21, 2009 @ 10:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

So all those non in fear of gettin creeped on, im actually in GVA tonight as part of my warrior hunt for an apartment (its a pain), if anyone would like to grab a pint or so, Im stayin near the grand duke pub, if you wanna go elsewhere just gotta explain how to get there.

just hit me witha  text 076 4948386

So all those non in fear of gettin creeped on, im actually in GVA tonight as part of my warrior hunt for an apartment (its a pain), if anyone would like to grab a pint or so, Im stayin near the grand duke pub, if you wanna go elsewhere just gotta explain how to get there.

just hit me witha  text 076 4948386

Andy H, Oct 21, 2009 @ 16:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31
Exactly!!! I completely agreed Wish patsycat!! It's really ouwer the borders some time!!
P.S. But if you girl would chose some other nickname and not some thing so remained "Pusycat " you  probably wouldn't have this problems  :)
Exactly!!! I completely agreed Wish patsycat!! It's really ouwer the borders some time!!
P.S. But if you girl would chose some other nickname and not some thing so remained "Pusycat " you  probably wouldn't have this problems  :)

Aline R, Oct 21, 2009 @ 20:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32
in fairness a dating section would not be a bad idea.......at least it would create an appropriate
"zone" for interested parties to meet. that would make these 'cold calls' totally inappropriate as
only people who post there would want to be contacted. and it would probably do wonders for
the site, there is zero dating sites for english speakers in switzerland.....not that i was looking or
anything : p just my 2 cents
in fairness a dating section would not be a bad idea.......at least it would create an appropriate
"zone" for interested parties to meet. that would make these 'cold calls' totally inappropriate as
only people who post there would want to be contacted. and it would probably do wonders for
the site, there is zero dating sites for english speakers in switzerland.....not that i was looking or
anything : p just my 2 cents
Pioneer85, Oct 21, 2009 @ 20:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33
Fully enjoyed the thread. :)
Fully enjoyed the thread. :)
Regina Z, Oct 21, 2009 @ 21:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34
Betrand, you're making the 'zone' sound creepy and dangerous, hah, only jokin i guess its not
a good idea after all, if people really want to meet someone then there are plenty of social
events organised for this to happen, i guess the old fashioned way is still cool!
Betrand, you're making the 'zone' sound creepy and dangerous, hah, only jokin i guess its not
a good idea after all, if people really want to meet someone then there are plenty of social
events organised for this to happen, i guess the old fashioned way is still cool!
Pioneer85, Oct 21, 2009 @ 22:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35
in fairness a dating section would not be a bad idea.......at least it would create an appropriate "zone" for interested parties to meet. that would make these 'cold calls' totally inappropriate as only people who post there would want to be contacted. and it would probably do wonders for the site, there is zero dating sites for english speakers in switzerland.....not that i was looking or anything : p just my 2 cents
Oct 21, 09 20:37
 nothing wrong with looking, you might be surprised how many are actually looking and will quickly flock to such a site if ever it's introduced on glocals
 nothing wrong with looking, you might be surprised how many are actually looking and will quickly flock to such a site if ever it's introduced on glocals
P.R_25, Oct 21, 2009 @ 23:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36
I dont know..

People are certainly looking but in private. When (and if) such a section is introduced i dont think many people will admit that they are looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend. You go out and you meet people and if something more than friendship comes out of this then fine. I dont think many people go out specifically to find someone (and admit it)
I dont know..

People are certainly looking but in private. When (and if) such a section is introduced i dont think many people will admit that they are looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend. You go out and you meet people and if something more than friendship comes out of this then fine. I dont think many people go out specifically to find someone (and admit it)

Maria_, Oct 22, 2009 @ 00:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37
 amazing thread bro.. damn right, love ur honesty...bon courage for ur future..
 amazing thread bro.. damn right, love ur honesty...bon courage for ur future..
Kunalito, Oct 22, 2009 @ 01:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38
 and that goes out to resqp..
 and that goes out to resqp..
Kunalito, Oct 22, 2009 @ 01:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39
I dont know..

Oct 22, 09 00:03
 They do go out looking, and you're right they will not admit it, because we happen to find ourselves in a society where men find it difficult to walk up to a woman he feels attracted to(could be anywhere, not just in night clubs or bars) and compliment her or even invite her for a drink without the woman thinking 'he could be a freak' or 'how dare he' or 'what does he take me for' etc etc. I think men are intimidated and that's also why there are so many dating sites. If ever one was introduced on glocals, believe me there will be a lot of people on it. Maybe not with their photos, but they will be there.
 They do go out looking, and you're right they will not admit it, because we happen to find ourselves in a society where men find it difficult to walk up to a woman he feels attracted to(could be anywhere, not just in night clubs or bars) and compliment her or even invite her for a drink without the woman thinking 'he could be a freak' or 'how dare he' or 'what does he take me for' etc etc. I think men are intimidated and that's also why there are so many dating sites. If ever one was introduced on glocals, believe me there will be a lot of people on it. Maybe not with their photos, but they will be there.
P.R_25, Oct 22, 2009 @ 11:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40
Oct 22, 09 11:56
"believe me there will be a lot of people on it"... yes, lot of people, but with 1 woman for 3-4 men!!!better not having such a site!from my experience, beyond the marketing purpose of such websites, there are few women compared to the number of men. and more, a big majority of the few women on such website are reluctant to chat or to reply to messages. so forget this idea: it simply doesn't work as well as it did at the beginning of such websites.
"believe me there will be a lot of people on it"... yes, lot of people, but with 1 woman for 3-4 men!!!better not having such a site!from my experience, beyond the marketing purpose of such websites, there are few women compared to the number of men. and more, a big majority of the few women on such website are reluctant to chat or to reply to messages. so forget this idea: it simply doesn't work as well as it did at the beginning of such websites.
Glaxys, Oct 22, 2009 @ 13:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41
 Wow, didn't expect such a response - carry on!!!

And, sorry if my nik patsycat offended one member.  It does not mean and never was meant to be PUSSYcat.

patsycat is a personal name that I use on many forums all over the world.  and I am quite liked.

And, sorry if my nik patsycat offended one member.  It does not mean and never was meant to be PUSSYcat.

patsycat is a personal name that I use on many forums all over the world.  and I am quite liked.
patsycat, Oct 22, 2009 @ 14:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Oct 22, 09 14:38

I think tinkerbell was just pulling your leg, I don't think shes actually offended vs having a laugh :-)

Best,
Andy

I think tinkerbell was just pulling your leg, I don't think shes actually offended vs having a laugh :-)

Best,
Andy

Andy H, Oct 22, 2009 @ 14:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43
All, 
Thanks, 
Nir
Oct 19, 09 22:09
 Actually I met my Boyfriend amd my Best friend and lot of other nice people on Glocals
 Actually I met my Boyfriend amd my Best friend and lot of other nice people on Glocals
Aline R, Oct 22, 2009 @ 15:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

Oct 22, 09 14:38
 I know, and as a girl I support you! But most of the people when they see the word don't reading all the letters. Then assotiation gone be wrong and misstaking. So Girl who call her nick any "cat" will have more attention then some "Gold angel" for example ;)
 I know, and as a girl I support you! But most of the people when they see the word don't reading all the letters. Then assotiation gone be wrong and misstaking. So Girl who call her nick any "cat" will have more attention then some "Gold angel" for example ;)
Aline R, Oct 22, 2009 @ 15:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45
on a more serious note I have asked at least 10 people would they be my friend alone on
glocals......nothin else........ and have had zero replies, it has a very negative read through if
people dont want to simply be friends online after all we do have something in
common......strangers in a strange city!!!
on a more serious note I have asked at least 10 people would they be my friend alone on
glocals......nothin else........ and have had zero replies, it has a very negative read through if
people dont want to simply be friends online after all we do have something in
common......strangers in a strange city!!!
Pioneer85, Oct 22, 2009 @ 19:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46
on a more serious note I have asked at least 10 people would they be my friend alone on glocals......nothin else........ and have had zero replies, it has a very negative read through if people dont want to simply be friends online after all we do have something in common......strangers in a strange city!!!
Oct 22, 09 19:01
I dont know about other people but i personally do not accept people as online friends if i havent met them before. Maybe the people you asked think like me :)
I dont know about other people but i personally do not accept people as online friends if i havent met them before. Maybe the people you asked think like me :)

Maria_, Oct 22, 2009 @ 19:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47
maybe so.......thats pretty disappointing.......what has the world come to! surely a polite IM is a
much safer intro? i guess the internet has embedded paranoia in the masses, maybe im just
being naive but what harm could come of it?
maybe so.......thats pretty disappointing.......what has the world come to! surely a polite IM is a
much safer intro? i guess the internet has embedded paranoia in the masses, maybe im just
being naive but what harm could come of it?
Pioneer85, Oct 22, 2009 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48
maybe so.......thats pretty disappointing.......what has the world come to! surely a polite IM is a much safer intro? i guess the internet has embedded paranoia in the masses, maybe im just being naive but what harm could come of it?
Oct 22, 09 19:33
Well, if a friend request comes out of the blue thats more possible to be ignored. Maybe try chatting to the people in question for a bit first
Well, if a friend request comes out of the blue thats more possible to be ignored. Maybe try chatting to the people in question for a bit first

Maria_, Oct 22, 2009 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49
didnt know you could do that :  ) i guess we're not going to be friends then Maria are we?: p
didnt know you could do that :  ) i guess we're not going to be friends then Maria are we?: p
Pioneer85, Oct 22, 2009 @ 20:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 50
if we dont meet or chat first then no :)
if we dont meet or chat first then no :)

Maria_, Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 51

Jan 1, 70 01:00
 Hey...that's my friend you're talking about!! Only her cats have claws!!

Pioneer85..if you don't mind oldies :)) I'll be your friend!! Where in Ireland are you from? My Mum lives in Dublin.

Pioneer85..if you don't mind oldies :)) I'll be your friend!! Where in Ireland are you from? My Mum lives in Dublin.
Lannah, Oct 22, 2009 @ 21:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 52

Oct 22, 09 21:56
And very sharp!! The scratches on my arm will not go away :P
And very sharp!! The scratches on my arm will not go away :P

Maria_, Oct 22, 2009 @ 22:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 53

Jan 1, 70 01:00
Bertrand, you're out of line, be careful what you write about people, I do not appreciate the way you have spoken about Maria and I want you to publically apologise for slandering her in public. If you have personal issues with Maria, then keep them private. Otherwise you may have to deal with things being exposed publicly  that should have been kept private. Nobody wants that.
Bertrand, you're out of line, be careful what you write about people, I do not appreciate the way you have spoken about Maria and I want you to publically apologise for slandering her in public. If you have personal issues with Maria, then keep them private. Otherwise you may have to deal with things being exposed publicly  that should have been kept private. Nobody wants that.
DJ_Symcard, Oct 22, 2009 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 54

@ Bertrand - you do seem to post alot of snide remarks about Maria.  Lets keep on topic and keep personal history personal.

@ Maria - sorry for mentioning this without first consulting with you.
Maybe you are 100% cool with Bertrands remarks, and maybe not, but, either way, I don't think they belong on the forum.

Thanks

Oded

@ Bertrand - you do seem to post alot of snide remarks about Maria.  Lets keep on topic and keep personal history personal.

@ Maria - sorry for mentioning this without first consulting with you.
Maybe you are 100% cool with Bertrands remarks, and maybe not, but, either way, I don't think they belong on the forum.

Thanks

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Oct 22, 2009 @ 22:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 55
@ Oded - Im not cool with Bertrand remarks but as you said its personal histrory and im not mentioning anything on a public forum. If you want to delete them is fine by me.
@ Oded - Im not cool with Bertrand remarks but as you said its personal histrory and im not mentioning anything on a public forum. If you want to delete them is fine by me.

Maria_, Oct 22, 2009 @ 22:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 56
 What a thread this is turning out to be.. Wow.. call those chaps from ABC.. theyll create a reality series on the basis of this.. ;-)
btw, just out of curiousity.. how many of the guys who posted on this forum.. actually tried hitting on a girl thru the glocals site.. online.. ??
and how many of the ladies on this forum, actually received messages of a *intrusive* nature ??
just a relaity check..dats all    

What a thread this is turning out to be.. Wow.. call those chaps from ABC.. theyll create a reality series on the basis of this.. ;-)
btw, just out of curiousity.. how many of the guys who posted on this forum.. actually tried hitting on a girl thru the glocals site.. online.. ??
and how many of the ladies on this forum, actually received messages of a *intrusive* nature ??
just a relaity check..dats all    

Kunalito, Oct 22, 2009 @ 23:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 57
To all the posters, thank you. I really had a lot of fun reading all your
comments. 
But hey, I didn't realize life was soooo complex.
 Personally I also don't understand requests to be friends, before having met in the real
world. My experience is that there can be a HUGE difference between the idea
you make up reading a virtual description, or even chatting online and then meeting face to
face. This one has posted a picture taken 10 years ago or that was "photoshopped", this other
one who was so vocal in forums, is suddenly becoming completely asocial when joining an
event with real people, etc...Life needs to be lived in the real world. This site, like many
others, is probably a great place to find things to do and MEET new people. Only then, can you
really see if you have any bounds with some and then, well anything can happen... like in real
life.
Just my 2 cents of the newcomer that I
am. 
To all the posters, thank you. I really had a lot of fun reading all your
comments. 
But hey, I didn't realize life was soooo complex.
 Personally I also don't understand requests to be friends, before having met in the real
world. My experience is that there can be a HUGE difference between the idea
you make up reading a virtual description, or even chatting online and then meeting face to
face. This one has posted a picture taken 10 years ago or that was "photoshopped", this other
one who was so vocal in forums, is suddenly becoming completely asocial when joining an
event with real people, etc...Life needs to be lived in the real world. This site, like many
others, is probably a great place to find things to do and MEET new people. Only then, can you
really see if you have any bounds with some and then, well anything can happen... like in real
life.
Just my 2 cents of the newcomer that I
am. 
didier r, Oct 24, 2009 @ 00:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 58

Oct 19, 09 20:41
Hi Onis,
How about a drink sometime soon ? :-P
Hi Onis,
How about a drink sometime soon ? :-P

hoze, Oct 26, 2009 @ 19:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 59
dear hoze,

please, if u want to tell me something, don't write it at forums...
dear hoze,

Onis, Oct 26, 2009 @ 19:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 60
dear hoze,

Oct 26, 09 19:41
sorry, that was a joke....just me trying to be witty :-)
sorry, that was a joke....just me trying to be witty :-)

hoze, Oct 26, 2009 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 61
nevermind, but next time don't do it in internet, here u can see other people emotions :)
nevermind, but next time don't do it in internet, here u can see other people emotions :)

Onis, Oct 26, 2009 @ 21:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 62
"unexpected massages from strangers" :)

that's a good one
"unexpected massages from strangers" :)

that's a good one

Denis S, Oct 27, 2009 @ 08:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 63
 WOW! this is very days of our lives... (US soap opera for those who don't know). This whole dating/meeting/friends thing is really kinda funny. I can understand how getting an IM can be putting off to some - men & women, but really if you don't wanna chat...don't chat... (as Heather has said above CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS, its that easy) i really don't see a problem. I've been in Geneva now 4 months and because of the hours i work + the fact i really don't know anyone, i rarely get out. Does this mean if i am online & say hello to someone i instantly wanna date? I think that's kind of an unfair assumption, & i'm sure that many people are in the same boat and simply want to create some contacts to grab a coffee with on a sunday afternoon. 

Really lighten up... 

WOW! this is very days of our lives... (US soap opera for those who don't know). This whole dating/meeting/friends thing is really kinda funny. I can understand how getting an IM can be putting off to some - men & women, but really if you don't wanna chat...don't chat... (as Heather has said above CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS, its that easy) i really don't see a problem. I've been in Geneva now 4 months and because of the hours i work + the fact i really don't know anyone, i rarely get out. Does this mean if i am online & say hello to someone i instantly wanna date? I think that's kind of an unfair assumption, & i'm sure that many people are in the same boat and simply want to create some contacts to grab a coffee with on a sunday afternoon. 

Really lighten up... 

juzay, Oct 27, 2009 @ 08:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
63 Replies | 5515 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form