Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Moving to Geneva, Switzerland: your questions?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to Geneva, Switzerland: your questions?

Moving to Geneva, Switzerland

We're trying to understand what key questions folks who are moving to Geneva might have, so we can begin putting together a glocals "welcome to Geneva" guide.

So if you remember what questions you had when you were just moving to Geneva, or to Switzerland, we'd be grateful if you could post them here.

Thanks,

Nir, glocals co-founder

The text you are quoting:

Moving to Geneva, Switzerland

We're trying to understand what key questions folks who are moving to Geneva might have, so we can begin putting together a glocals "welcome to Geneva" guide.

So if you remember what questions you had when you were just moving to Geneva, or to Switzerland, we'd be grateful if you could post them here.

Thanks,

Nir, glocals co-founder

Nir OfekApr 1, 2010 @ 01:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

28 Replies | 5306 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to Geneva, Switzerland: your questions?
Post 1

Thank you for welcoming us Nir, my biggest question about Geneva is transporation, we have a car but I do not have a driver's license from Switzerland, I do have however an American driver's license and I wonder what's in store for me and those who are in the same situation as me as far as driver's license is concerned?

Do I need to get a complete new driver's license or my American driver's license will do, in Belgium (where I moved from) my american driver's license was enough, but here I don't know!

the second question is about glocals, you often organize salsa nights, drink night out's etc. I was wondering how do you join these activities? do you just show up or you have to be invited by glocals?

Thank you for welcoming us Nir, my biggest question about Geneva is transporation, we have a car but I do not have a driver's license from Switzerland, I do have however an American driver's license and I wonder what's in store for me and those who are in the same situation as me as far as driver's license is concerned?

Do I need to get a complete new driver's license or my American driver's license will do, in Belgium (where I moved from) my american driver's license was enough, but here I don't know!

the second question is about glocals, you often organize salsa nights, drink night out's etc. I was wondering how do you join these activities? do you just show up or you have to be invited by glocals?

andy o, Apr 1, 2010 @ 17:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Nir, for me, the important points when i arrived (profile me as a single-person-no-kids-coming-with-a-job)

1) housing, where/what to look for, what is needed when applying for an apt/house. list of foyers, universitary residences, regies, would be useful

2) health, how it works, where to go for insurances. i just found out about the cheap Swisscare 2 years after i was here! not fair! and also about the university health plan...

3) transportation, i still dont fully understand all the ways we can get discounts to travel within geneva and within switzerland! all this abonnements, demi-tarifs, they are enigmas for me. And i keep thinking travelling by train is amazingly expensive in CH. People always have doubts on how to walk around geneva, how to find cheap train/plane tickets (including this crazy cheap connections that i`m always unable to find...)

4) what else... gosh we forgot the problems we had at the beggining... communication also. TV/internet/mobile. i still dunno if my bluewin/swisscom pack for TV/phone/internet is worthing what I pay. should be nice to have a list of other options we have around...

5) one of my best discoveries (not a hard one to do) was all these agendas/guides published by the ADM, with the events and activities around the city. I guess there are a lot like this, would be nice to have a list...

cannot remember anything else right now. and i think you know all this already Nir. i guess i was not much of a help ;)

Cheers, Wa

Nir, for me, the important points when i arrived (profile me as a single-person-no-kids-coming-with-a-job)

1) housing, where/what to look for, what is needed when applying for an apt/house. list of foyers, universitary residences, regies, would be useful

2) health, how it works, where to go for insurances. i just found out about the cheap Swisscare 2 years after i was here! not fair! and also about the university health plan...

3) transportation, i still dont fully understand all the ways we can get discounts to travel within geneva and within switzerland! all this abonnements, demi-tarifs, they are enigmas for me. And i keep thinking travelling by train is amazingly expensive in CH. People always have doubts on how to walk around geneva, how to find cheap train/plane tickets (including this crazy cheap connections that i`m always unable to find...)

4) what else... gosh we forgot the problems we had at the beggining... communication also. TV/internet/mobile. i still dunno if my bluewin/swisscom pack for TV/phone/internet is worthing what I pay. should be nice to have a list of other options we have around...

5) one of my best discoveries (not a hard one to do) was all these agendas/guides published by the ADM, with the events and activities around the city. I guess there are a lot like this, would be nice to have a list...

cannot remember anything else right now. and i think you know all this already Nir. i guess i was not much of a help ;)

Cheers, Wa

wanessa, Apr 1, 2010 @ 20:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Nir I think assembling something like what you propose is a GREAT idea!!! Post a link to it on the home page!

So many things, but here's what I'll pitch in for the moment:

I just found out about Swisscare too ;( I want to switch but I need to confirm I get a decent level of coverage.

The site is here, to see if you qualify (student, researchers, ...): http://www.swisscare-intl.com/ 

The demi-tarif is A MUST if you plan to explore Switzerland and your primary method will be by train (which is a wonderful method, Swiss trains are amazing!)... Go to Zurich and back twice in a year, and it pays for itself. :-) Also if you have it, there are automatic discounts on many unireso (bus/tram/boats/local train) fares. You can also get half off on some of the boats that cross lake Geneva, among other things. Train travel is expensive, but they sell day-passes, and since Switzerland is small you can often save a lot of money using those.

Also getting a Unireso pass (CHF 650/yr, also they have monthly ones) is really useful, beats having to put coins into the machines all the time (and most of the machines don't give you change). This pass will also get you discounts on concerts and on the telepherique up to the Saleve, among other things.

Cell phones are pretty easy to get and deal with here, and "if you want to have friends, you need to have a cell phone." I use yallo, and have been very happy with them. Lebara is supposedly good for international calls but worse for local.

There is a nice list of activities here: 

http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/index.php?rubrique=0000000121&lang=_eng

Although, I find that looking on glocals (a thing every person moving here should do ;) is a pretty good way to find out about events also.

Here's a list of exemptions to having to get a Swiss License within 12 (or is it 18? I don't know) months:

http://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/en/home/topics/intorg/un/unge/gepri/manveh/manve6.html

Wanessa's requests would be very useful when it comes to housing. If a solution to finding housing is made by glocals, Nir should win the Nobel peace-of-mind prize. That's just a nightmare that we all have to deal with and live to tell about, like a rite of passage. Everybody's suggestions are useful and different. And some people just plain get lucky! It's different for everyone. If you are willing to have roommates, it can be substantially easier, though, I hear. 

Geneva tests what type of person you are big time if you don't have a car. For example, if you like going out and doing things and being social, live in the city or on a tram line. If I had to do it over again, I would have done that! Now I basically can't move because looking is a full time job and I already have one! The only consolation is that my landlord is a private owner so I didn't have to pay that ridiculous 3-months-of-rent deposit they ask for around here (p.s. you should warn people about that too in your guide!)

OK that's all my info, suggestions, rants for now. Good luck!

Nir I think assembling something like what you propose is a GREAT idea!!! Post a link to it on the home page!

So many things, but here's what I'll pitch in for the moment:

I just found out about Swisscare too ;( I want to switch but I need to confirm I get a decent level of coverage.

The site is here, to see if you qualify (student, researchers, ...): http://www.swisscare-intl.com/ 

The demi-tarif is A MUST if you plan to explore Switzerland and your primary method will be by train (which is a wonderful method, Swiss trains are amazing!)... Go to Zurich and back twice in a year, and it pays for itself. :-) Also if you have it, there are automatic discounts on many unireso (bus/tram/boats/local train) fares. You can also get half off on some of the boats that cross lake Geneva, among other things. Train travel is expensive, but they sell day-passes, and since Switzerland is small you can often save a lot of money using those.

Also getting a Unireso pass (CHF 650/yr, also they have monthly ones) is really useful, beats having to put coins into the machines all the time (and most of the machines don't give you change). This pass will also get you discounts on concerts and on the telepherique up to the Saleve, among other things.

Cell phones are pretty easy to get and deal with here, and "if you want to have friends, you need to have a cell phone." I use yallo, and have been very happy with them. Lebara is supposedly good for international calls but worse for local.

There is a nice list of activities here: 

http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/index.php?rubrique=0000000121&lang=_eng

Although, I find that looking on glocals (a thing every person moving here should do ;) is a pretty good way to find out about events also.

Here's a list of exemptions to having to get a Swiss License within 12 (or is it 18? I don't know) months:

http://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/en/home/topics/intorg/un/unge/gepri/manveh/manve6.html

Wanessa's requests would be very useful when it comes to housing. If a solution to finding housing is made by glocals, Nir should win the Nobel peace-of-mind prize. That's just a nightmare that we all have to deal with and live to tell about, like a rite of passage. Everybody's suggestions are useful and different. And some people just plain get lucky! It's different for everyone. If you are willing to have roommates, it can be substantially easier, though, I hear. 

Geneva tests what type of person you are big time if you don't have a car. For example, if you like going out and doing things and being social, live in the city or on a tram line. If I had to do it over again, I would have done that! Now I basically can't move because looking is a full time job and I already have one! The only consolation is that my landlord is a private owner so I didn't have to pay that ridiculous 3-months-of-rent deposit they ask for around here (p.s. you should warn people about that too in your guide!)

OK that's all my info, suggestions, rants for now. Good luck!

pnaik, Apr 1, 2010 @ 23:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Nir,

Sorry I realize now you wanted questions more than answers... but I hope the answers could be useful when you post the questions :-)

Cheers

Hi Nir,

Sorry I realize now you wanted questions more than answers... but I hope the answers could be useful when you post the questions :-)

Cheers

pnaik, Apr 2, 2010 @ 00:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Andy, Wa, Pnaik: thanks! What is this SwissCare thing? Must admit I havn't heard of it. 

Anymore questions we think would be relevant for folks who are moving to Geneva?

Thanks, 

nir

Andy, Wa, Pnaik: thanks! What is this SwissCare thing? Must admit I havn't heard of it. 

Anymore questions we think would be relevant for folks who are moving to Geneva?

Thanks, 

nir

Nir Ofek, Apr 2, 2010 @ 09:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I will move to Geneva this summer, will the guide be ready by then?

What I would find helpful to know:

How to find accomodation in Geneva and what are the typical prices. 

Could I use my UK driver licence?

What's the geneva night life scene like?

Are there particular swiss no-nos i should be aware of?

I know I will have more questions, but this is the start!

Sophie

I will move to Geneva this summer, will the guide be ready by then?

What I would find helpful to know:

How to find accomodation in Geneva and what are the typical prices. 

Could I use my UK driver licence?

What's the geneva night life scene like?

Are there particular swiss no-nos i should be aware of?

I know I will have more questions, but this is the start!

Sophie

Sophie Redman, Apr 2, 2010 @ 09:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Sophie: thanks, and welcome to Geneva. Pls keep the questions coming...(-:

Nir

Sophie: thanks, and welcome to Geneva. Pls keep the questions coming...(-:

Nir

Nir Ofek, Apr 2, 2010 @ 12:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Rules in regards to your pets are also nice to know as some people (like me) might bring their pet or decide to get one after arrival :-)

Buying a car - a nice little guide of what to check and ask for before (e.g. get a TCS test, ask when it was last inspected etc.) and finally the practical process you have to go through in order to insure and register the car...

Rules in regards to your pets are also nice to know as some people (like me) might bring their pet or decide to get one after arrival :-)

Buying a car - a nice little guide of what to check and ask for before (e.g. get a TCS test, ask when it was last inspected etc.) and finally the practical process you have to go through in order to insure and register the car...

Caroline K, Apr 2, 2010 @ 13:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Caroline:

Thanks, great questions. Seems there's a lot of questions about buying cars and about driving license stuff.

Any more questions anyone? At some point we were all moving to Geneva (or any other switzerland city), so I know we got the questions...(-.

Caroline:

Thanks, great questions. Seems there's a lot of questions about buying cars and about driving license stuff.

Any more questions anyone? At some point we were all moving to Geneva (or any other switzerland city), so I know we got the questions...(-.

Nir Ofek, Apr 2, 2010 @ 16:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Swisscare is a cheap health insurance for students and foreigners. ir seems in these cases we are not obliged to get the official assurances... we had a thread about swisscare some time ago....

voila, found it

http://www.glocals.com/forums/general/Re--swisscare---obligatory-health-insurance-79741.htm

Swisscare is a cheap health insurance for students and foreigners. ir seems in these cases we are not obliged to get the official assurances... we had a thread about swisscare some time ago....

voila, found it

http://www.glocals.com/forums/general/Re--swisscare---obligatory-health-insurance-79741.htm

wanessa, Apr 2, 2010 @ 21:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hey Nir and all,

how about a question on Banking? where to put your money? types of services, rates, service charges? credit card? transferring money? online banking? securities trading?

and since there are many financial instituations in Geneve, maybe a section on Investment (?)  funds, securities, bonds etc.

Hey Nir and all,

how about a question on Banking? where to put your money? types of services, rates, service charges? credit card? transferring money? online banking? securities trading?

and since there are many financial instituations in Geneve, maybe a section on Investment (?)  funds, securities, bonds etc.

ephraim t, Apr 3, 2010 @ 14:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Ephraim,

Thanks. 

If you mean questions about how to open a bank account or get a credit card, we already have this Banking in Switzerland guide.

Is there anything you'd add to that guide, if you were now moving to Geneva or Switzerland?

Many thanks, 

Nir

Ephraim,

Thanks. 

If you mean questions about how to open a bank account or get a credit card, we already have this Banking in Switzerland guide.

Is there anything you'd add to that guide, if you were now moving to Geneva or Switzerland?

Many thanks, 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Apr 3, 2010 @ 15:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Thanks Nir, didnt see that guide (yet) and it pretty much covered the basics.

Thanks Nir, didnt see that guide (yet) and it pretty much covered the basics.

ephraim t, Apr 3, 2010 @ 15:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Been redirected here but I think everything that I have been worried about has been asked on here.

Probably worth putting a good guide to expat bars and pubs  too just incase I may have missed that one! (and if so, it's worth saying twice Wink)

Been redirected here but I think everything that I have been worried about has been asked on here.

Probably worth putting a good guide to expat bars and pubs  too just incase I may have missed that one! (and if so, it's worth saying twice Wink)

Ian Mackie, Apr 5, 2010 @ 22:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Ian, 

Thanks. 

Met some GVA newbies at Parc des Bastions today and bounced the 'what info do you need when moving to Geneva' question off them. They said:

- How to meet more people

- What are the best french schools

- Where to go party in Geneva

- Tips for renting Geneva apartments

- Good Geneva restos (and which ones to stay away from!)

Thanks to all the questions so far, any more are welcome!

Ian, 

Thanks. 

Met some GVA newbies at Parc des Bastions today and bounced the 'what info do you need when moving to Geneva' question off them. They said:

- How to meet more people

- What are the best french schools

- Where to go party in Geneva

- Tips for renting Geneva apartments

- Good Geneva restos (and which ones to stay away from!)

Thanks to all the questions so far, any more are welcome!

Nir Ofek, Apr 5, 2010 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

I second the tips on renting Geneva apartments. I'm going crazy trying right now!

Oh, and perhaps an addendum to your phone guide on using smart phones (i.e. Blackberry!) in Geneva.

I second the tips on renting Geneva apartments. I'm going crazy trying right now!

Oh, and perhaps an addendum to your phone guide on using smart phones (i.e. Blackberry!) in Geneva.

Thomas H, Apr 5, 2010 @ 23:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Thomas:

Thanks. 

Not sure I understand the 'smart phone' question tho (I myself don't use one, so excuse me if my own questions is dumb): would the tips for smart phones be different than the existing tips for regular phones, which we have already on the guide?

Thanks, 

Nir

Thomas:

Thanks. 

Not sure I understand the 'smart phone' question tho (I myself don't use one, so excuse me if my own questions is dumb): would the tips for smart phones be different than the existing tips for regular phones, which we have already on the guide?

Thanks, 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Apr 5, 2010 @ 23:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hi again,

I guess I meant how users of Blackberries, iPhones and other phones that have data plans (for checking email, internet, etc.) use them in Switzerland. I posted my questions in a thread as well (http://www.glocals.com/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Verizon-Blackberry--US--in-Europe-87171.htm) but haven't yet heard back.

The glocals phone guide gives the basics of getting a new SIM card etc. very well but not in the context of these smart-phones.

Hi again,

I guess I meant how users of Blackberries, iPhones and other phones that have data plans (for checking email, internet, etc.) use them in Switzerland. I posted my questions in a thread as well (http://www.glocals.com/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Verizon-Blackberry--US--in-Europe-87171.htm) but haven't yet heard back.

The glocals phone guide gives the basics of getting a new SIM card etc. very well but not in the context of these smart-phones.

Thomas H, Apr 6, 2010 @ 03:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

might want to also include a typical price list guide.  A list of what you can expect to pay for a variety of things....a restaurant meal, petrol, milk.  It would give people an idea on expenses.

might want to also include a typical price list guide.  A list of what you can expect to pay for a variety of things....a restaurant meal, petrol, milk.  It would give people an idea on expenses.

Kat S, Apr 6, 2010 @ 08:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hey, great idea with setting up a welcome to Geneva guide.... cannot believe that there isn't already something like this in existence. Well, though I have not yet arrived in Geneva, there are many questions I have which I would like to know before I get there:

1) Apartment Renting ... what is the process for renting an apartment. It sounds really complicated.

2) Rough Neighbourhoods ... when choosing an apartment or just for general info, are there any streets or neighbourhoods in Geneva which are unsafe or rough which one should avoid?

3) Utilities ... what are the typical utility charges, such as Phone, Internet, Energy etc...

4) Transportation ... how does transportation work in regards to tickets, daily/weekly passes etc.... (I live in Ireland and our public transport is useless, so I look forward to the tram in Geneva regardless of the cost!!!)

5) Permits .. Info on residence or work permits, or at least an english speaking contact number where on can find more info on the subject.

6) Health Insurance.... whats required and where is the best place to get it.

7) Learning to Drive .... I will start lessons soon and hope to apply for a test and licence in Geneva, are there waiting lists or special requirements needed (Here in Ireland, you must sit theory test and then have to wait 6 months before taking actual driving test,... is it similar in Geneva???)

8) Licences in General... do you require a licence to have a pet or tv or something else in Geneva (as required in IE)

9) Linked to (8) I guess would be the question of what unusual taxes or benefits are available to those who move to Geneva.(In IE you can get ta back on rent and apply for various benefits, but must pay taxes on things like your TV ..... what is it like in Geneva? Are there anythings which a foreigner might get caught out not paying for if they are new to the country and don't know any better)

10) Restaurants .... a top ten list of VALUE places to have breakfast lunch and supper would be great. It might take us a while to get used to the living expenses in the city and so lists of cheap but decent eateries would be great for the first few months we are there.

11) Churches .... my wife and I googled churches in Geneva and got very few helpful links, though I found more info here on glocals. It would be great to have an updated directory of the variety of churches available in the city as not all of them have websites.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but hope this guide is up an running before August! Would be such a benefit.

Thanks all involved!!!!!!!

Hey, great idea with setting up a welcome to Geneva guide.... cannot believe that there isn't already something like this in existence. Well, though I have not yet arrived in Geneva, there are many questions I have which I would like to know before I get there:

1) Apartment Renting ... what is the process for renting an apartment. It sounds really complicated.

2) Rough Neighbourhoods ... when choosing an apartment or just for general info, are there any streets or neighbourhoods in Geneva which are unsafe or rough which one should avoid?

3) Utilities ... what are the typical utility charges, such as Phone, Internet, Energy etc...

4) Transportation ... how does transportation work in regards to tickets, daily/weekly passes etc.... (I live in Ireland and our public transport is useless, so I look forward to the tram in Geneva regardless of the cost!!!)

5) Permits .. Info on residence or work permits, or at least an english speaking contact number where on can find more info on the subject.

6) Health Insurance.... whats required and where is the best place to get it.

7) Learning to Drive .... I will start lessons soon and hope to apply for a test and licence in Geneva, are there waiting lists or special requirements needed (Here in Ireland, you must sit theory test and then have to wait 6 months before taking actual driving test,... is it similar in Geneva???)

8) Licences in General... do you require a licence to have a pet or tv or something else in Geneva (as required in IE)

9) Linked to (8) I guess would be the question of what unusual taxes or benefits are available to those who move to Geneva.(In IE you can get ta back on rent and apply for various benefits, but must pay taxes on things like your TV ..... what is it like in Geneva? Are there anythings which a foreigner might get caught out not paying for if they are new to the country and don't know any better)

10) Restaurants .... a top ten list of VALUE places to have breakfast lunch and supper would be great. It might take us a while to get used to the living expenses in the city and so lists of cheap but decent eateries would be great for the first few months we are there.

11) Churches .... my wife and I googled churches in Geneva and got very few helpful links, though I found more info here on glocals. It would be great to have an updated directory of the variety of churches available in the city as not all of them have websites.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but hope this guide is up an running before August! Would be such a benefit.

Thanks all involved!!!!!!!

Matt P, Apr 6, 2010 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Great idea, it would be helpfull for all of us, not only newbies. Now I have tones of links connected to all aspects of life in Geneva/Switzerland.

But before relocation my first questions were about areas for living in Geneva and around and international schools.

In addition to mentioned in other posts, please don't forget about:

garbage recycling (our friend paid 200 CH fine for garbage he thrown in wrong day); Velo vignette; PARKING; how to get to ski resorts by public transport;day trips around Geneva; shopping in France and custom regulations; French and other language course...

Of course I had much more questions and I found the answers, but to get all information in one Guidebook would be fantastic! Thank you!

Great idea, it would be helpfull for all of us, not only newbies. Now I have tones of links connected to all aspects of life in Geneva/Switzerland.

But before relocation my first questions were about areas for living in Geneva and around and international schools.

In addition to mentioned in other posts, please don't forget about:

garbage recycling (our friend paid 200 CH fine for garbage he thrown in wrong day); Velo vignette; PARKING; how to get to ski resorts by public transport;day trips around Geneva; shopping in France and custom regulations; French and other language course...

Of course I had much more questions and I found the answers, but to get all information in one Guidebook would be fantastic! Thank you!

Mil_Lena, Apr 6, 2010 @ 18:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Hi Nir, 

What a great idea. Most of the things have been mentioned already, but it would be useful to also add where to go to get information (e.g. also expat expo), libraries (esp English language), and a quick summary of possible scams so that people can be aware - it is amazing how easy it is to not pick up on the obvious when you are juggling a million other moving issues (luckily did not happen to my husband and me, but I have heard some horror stories). 

All the best, 

GVA

Hi Nir, 

What a great idea. Most of the things have been mentioned already, but it would be useful to also add where to go to get information (e.g. also expat expo), libraries (esp English language), and a quick summary of possible scams so that people can be aware - it is amazing how easy it is to not pick up on the obvious when you are juggling a million other moving issues (luckily did not happen to my husband and me, but I have heard some horror stories). 

All the best, 

GVA

Victoria W, Apr 9, 2010 @ 13:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

as far as moving to Geneva is concerned aviled teh services of Silverline Relocations.You may browse their site for the services offered http://www.silverline-relocations.com/moving-to-geneva.php

as far as moving to Geneva is concerned aviled teh services of Silverline Relocations.You may browse their site for the services offered http://www.silverline-relocations.com/moving-to-geneva.php

allan c, Jan 14, 2011 @ 11:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Nir,

The suggestion seems very useful. Just tell me if you need someone for answering the more technical questions for the guide (by providing consise answers or useful links). I often assist people who move to Switzerland with tax and legal matters.

Per

Nir,

The suggestion seems very useful. Just tell me if you need someone for answering the more technical questions for the guide (by providing consise answers or useful links). I often assist people who move to Switzerland with tax and legal matters.

Per

Per P, Jan 14, 2011 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

European driving rules.  A few quick paragraphs can cover the highlights.  For example, "No left turn across a solid white line" is one that perplexes Americans since we rarely pay attention to a line that isn't yellow.

European driving rules.  A few quick paragraphs can cover the highlights.  For example, "No left turn across a solid white line" is one that perplexes Americans since we rarely pay attention to a line that isn't yellow.

richardm, Jan 14, 2011 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

another use full link in order to compare international movers to geneva 

http://switzerland.movers-int.com/removal-companies/Geneva.html

another use full link in order to compare international movers to geneva 

http://switzerland.movers-int.com/removal-companies/Geneva.html

jf e, May 7, 2011 @ 16:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

I would also add details on the spouses coming to find jobs in Geneva, anything on work permit, starting a business or consultancy, legal things!

thanks! when will the guide be ready?

I would also add details on the spouses coming to find jobs in Geneva, anything on work permit, starting a business or consultancy, legal things!

thanks! when will the guide be ready?

muriel l, May 8, 2011 @ 18:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

I would like clarification on taxes - how much one should expect to pay, how to pay it, if there are any extra mandatory things (like NI contributions in the UK).

Also if there are any locations to avoid living in, that would be great to know.

I would like clarification on taxes - how much one should expect to pay, how to pay it, if there are any extra mandatory things (like NI contributions in the UK).

Also if there are any locations to avoid living in, that would be great to know.

Elizabeth E, May 9, 2011 @ 16:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
28 Replies | 5306 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form