Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Regie question- Terminating the lease

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Regie question- Terminating the lease

Hello,

My 5 year lease is up the end of July.  If we do not want it to roll-over we need to give our 3 month notice this week.  However, the house we want to move into is new on the market and the owner does not have a set regie/contract nailed down yet.  So my question is can we give notice and if this new house does not work out in a couple of weeks, then decided to stay?  Thing is- if we do not give notice now, we cannot for another 3 months as the termination is quarterly.

thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

My 5 year lease is up the end of July.  If we do not want it to roll-over we need to give our 3 month notice this week.  However, the house we want to move into is new on the market and the owner does not have a set regie/contract nailed down yet.  So my question is can we give notice and if this new house does not work out in a couple of weeks, then decided to stay?  Thing is- if we do not give notice now, we cannot for another 3 months as the termination is quarterly.

thanks!

clonellApr 26, 2016 @ 09:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 814 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Regie question- Terminating the lease
Post 1

Don't give the notice if you haven't got a new house -- with written contract

You can always quit your current apartment with 1 month notice, provided that you give the Régie a full dossier of another person willing to take the lease.

The text you are quoting:

Don't give the notice if you haven't got a new house -- with written contract

You can always quit your current apartment with 1 month notice, provided that you give the Régie a full dossier of another person willing to take the lease.

TheOmegaMan, May 2, 2016 @ 22:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 814 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form