Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Remembrance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Remembrance

Gday All,

Does anyone know if there will be a remembrance service in the Geneva area or if it's possible to buy poppies?

Thanks

RB

The text you are quoting:

Gday All,

Does anyone know if there will be a remembrance service in the Geneva area or if it's possible to buy poppies?

Thanks

RB

RogbnayOct 28, 2009 @ 01:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1125 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Remembrance
Post 1
I went last year to the one in Vevey at the Commonwealth War Graves at  St Martins Church. There are some details here.
http://www.geneva.mission.gov.au/gene/cons_anzac.html

It was a nice ceremony, complete with poppies and morning tea after.  Well worth the effort and not so far on the train.
I went last year to the one in Vevey at the Commonwealth War Graves at  St Martins Church. There are some details here.
http://www.geneva.mission.gov.au/gene/cons_anzac.html

It was a nice ceremony, complete with poppies and morning tea after.  Well worth the effort and not so far on the train.

zimmo, Oct 30, 2009 @ 08:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Remembrance
Post 2

Thanks Zimmo. I also found out that as well as the Commonwealth ceremony on the 11th there will be a service in town on the nearest Sunday (8th) at the parc Mon Repos after a short parade from Quai de Mont Blanc. In case anyone else is interested.

Thanks Zimmo. I also found out that as well as the Commonwealth ceremony on the 11th there will be a service in town on the nearest Sunday (8th) at the parc Mon Repos after a short parade from Quai de Mont Blanc. In case anyone else is interested.

Rogbnay, Nov 3, 2009 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1125 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form