Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Rent Guarantee

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Rent Guarantee

Hi All,

I am wondering what the extent of the apartment guarantee is. If there is damage to the apartment, does the guarantee cover this? And if there's excess payment above and beyond any damage, is the payment limited to the guarantee or must the tenant pay for the full amount?

Many thanks for your comments/suggestions!

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

I am wondering what the extent of the apartment guarantee is. If there is damage to the apartment, does the guarantee cover this? And if there's excess payment above and beyond any damage, is the payment limited to the guarantee or must the tenant pay for the full amount?

Many thanks for your comments/suggestions!

Chelsea SSep 16, 2014 @ 22:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 830 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Rent Guarantee
Post 1

Hi Chelsea

In order to guarantee the rent or compensation for any damage, tenants are often required to pay in advance a sum of money, called the deposit. The maximum amount is equal to three months rent. The money is placed in a special bank account (rent guarantee account) on behalf of the tenant. When leaving the apartment, the tenant gets back the deposit plus the interest when no damages and full rent payment has been recorded.
Obviously, you also have secured a mandatory Third Party Liability insurance - which may be used to refund damages listed in the policy, minus a contractual amount listed as "deductible". Should your damages exceed the cover of your policy and are not included in your insurance you will be responsible to pay for the balance amount. Check the maximum amount and conditions listed in your insurance policy.

FYI it is always recommended you also contract a Household goods insurance to avoid probleams in case a tentative breaking-im and damages to your entrance door and/or window(s).

This is a general response to your query. In case of particulars you can PM...

Hi Chelsea

In order to guarantee the rent or compensation for any damage, tenants are often required to pay in advance a sum of money, called the deposit. The maximum amount is equal to three months rent. The money is placed in a special bank account (rent guarantee account) on behalf of the tenant. When leaving the apartment, the tenant gets back the deposit plus the interest when no damages and full rent payment has been recorded.
Obviously, you also have secured a mandatory Third Party Liability insurance - which may be used to refund damages listed in the policy, minus a contractual amount listed as "deductible". Should your damages exceed the cover of your policy and are not included in your insurance you will be responsible to pay for the balance amount. Check the maximum amount and conditions listed in your insurance policy.

FYI it is always recommended you also contract a Household goods insurance to avoid probleams in case a tentative breaking-im and damages to your entrance door and/or window(s).

This is a general response to your query. In case of particulars you can PM...

Milord, Sep 17, 2014 @ 11:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Rent Guarantee
Post 2

Hi Milord,

Many thanks for your very informative response! I think it has covered all my concerns, but in case I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Cheers!

Chelsea

Hi Milord,

Many thanks for your very informative response! I think it has covered all my concerns, but in case I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Cheers!

Chelsea

Chelsea S, Sep 17, 2014 @ 16:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 830 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form