Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Renting in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Renting in Geneva

I have decided that being a nanny (slave) is not conducive to my networking here... so i'm taking a bar job until i decide to go home and practice as a lawyer again..

I need somwehere with uber inexpensive rent and an internet connection.. can someone please advise as to the average costs and lengths of lease etc

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

I have decided that being a nanny (slave) is not conducive to my networking here... so i'm taking a bar job until i decide to go home and practice as a lawyer again..

I need somwehere with uber inexpensive rent and an internet connection.. can someone please advise as to the average costs and lengths of lease etc

Thanks

lyndsey jJun 15, 2010 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1131 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Renting in Geneva
Post 1

Uber inexpensive rent? In Geneva? None. Your best choice would be renting a room in someones house and make sure they give you access to internet connection :)

Uber inexpensive rent? In Geneva? None. Your best choice would be renting a room in someones house and make sure they give you access to internet connection :)

Maria_, Jun 15, 2010 @ 15:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

thanks Maria...

dop many people offer rooms in their house?

This would be a lifeline and a half! X

thanks Maria...

dop many people offer rooms in their house?

This would be a lifeline and a half! X

lyndsey j, Jun 15, 2010 @ 17:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Check in classifieds. As rents are really expensive here, many people look for someone to share the rent with :)

Check in classifieds. As rents are really expensive here, many people look for someone to share the rent with :)

Maria_, Jun 15, 2010 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I live in Meyrin which doesn't feel uber expensive (suppose depends on income though). Its on the 14 and 16 tram line so I can buzz in and out of Geneva quickly which is good for the social life!

Meyrin is a bit tame but with the trams its no problem. The only problem with renting in Geneva is the formalities with the agencies. Sub letting is dodgy but easier. I reccommend living with other young people as I lived on my own for the first couple of months and it was quiet and boring but now live with 3 Germans and its much better.

I replied to a private advert looking for room mates. The minimum lease for me is 1 year. I pay 1000 CHF a month (but my room is huge). The apartment is very big for Geneva at 125 m2. Total rent is 3000CHF per month split between me and the Germans. We had to also provide a deposit for 3000chf each but we get this back when we leave if the apartment is in tact.

(just to give you an idea of the costs and lease)

I live in Meyrin which doesn't feel uber expensive (suppose depends on income though). Its on the 14 and 16 tram line so I can buzz in and out of Geneva quickly which is good for the social life!

Meyrin is a bit tame but with the trams its no problem. The only problem with renting in Geneva is the formalities with the agencies. Sub letting is dodgy but easier. I reccommend living with other young people as I lived on my own for the first couple of months and it was quiet and boring but now live with 3 Germans and its much better.

I replied to a private advert looking for room mates. The minimum lease for me is 1 year. I pay 1000 CHF a month (but my room is huge). The apartment is very big for Geneva at 125 m2. Total rent is 3000CHF per month split between me and the Germans. We had to also provide a deposit for 3000chf each but we get this back when we leave if the apartment is in tact.

(just to give you an idea of the costs and lease)

john gallagher, Jun 16, 2010 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

That's great, thank you John,,, it's such a nightmare trying to get myself established x

That's great, thank you John,,, it's such a nightmare trying to get myself established x

lyndsey j, Jun 16, 2010 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

No probs. Being honest....trying to acquire a place to rent here is the most stressful thing I have ever done! if I can help out others to make it easier then I will. There is also a list of documentation you will need copies and originals of for the agencies (unless subletting)

Passport, swiss visa - carte de legitimation thingy, letter of reccomendation, proof of salary, 3 pay slips, proof of no debt history in swiss known as an attestation de solvabilite from the office des poursuites (got mine over the internet). Then once all that is fine you will need the deposit guarentee de banquer (that i meantioned in the last post).

Good luck. If I hear of anything I will let you know. If you need any more help send me a message on here

x

No probs. Being honest....trying to acquire a place to rent here is the most stressful thing I have ever done! if I can help out others to make it easier then I will. There is also a list of documentation you will need copies and originals of for the agencies (unless subletting)

Passport, swiss visa - carte de legitimation thingy, letter of reccomendation, proof of salary, 3 pay slips, proof of no debt history in swiss known as an attestation de solvabilite from the office des poursuites (got mine over the internet). Then once all that is fine you will need the deposit guarentee de banquer (that i meantioned in the last post).

Good luck. If I hear of anything I will let you know. If you need any more help send me a message on here

x

john gallagher, Jun 16, 2010 @ 14:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Lindsay

I have an apartment to rent. This is 3 rooms apartment with big kitchen, living-room and bed room with a big terrace in a residential area in champel Geneva. It is 2600 frs per month including parking and charges. The apartment is close to supermarkets and buses. In case of interest call 079 533 70 10. Bye

Hi Lindsay

I have an apartment to rent. This is 3 rooms apartment with big kitchen, living-room and bed room with a big terrace in a residential area in champel Geneva. It is 2600 frs per month including parking and charges. The apartment is close to supermarkets and buses. In case of interest call 079 533 70 10. Bye

Delphine F, Jul 2, 2010 @ 13:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1131 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form