Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Running shoes?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Running shoes?

where I can buy running shoes?

I was going to buy in manor, but there is no more the pair which I liked((

The text you are quoting:

Anna ASep 20, 2014 @ 13:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

23 Replies | 1799 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Running shoes?
Post 1

Sep 20, 14 13:19

Go Sport in Val Thoiry shopping complex on the French side has a good collection, and cheaper than the sports shops in Geneva.

Go Sport in Val Thoiry shopping complex on the French side has a good collection, and cheaper than the sports shops in Geneva.

Devdatta M, Sep 20, 2014 @ 13:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Have a look at http://www.sportsdirect.com/, they deliver to switzerland for £5 and are typically costing about 40% of the price in geneva!

Have a look at http://www.sportsdirect.com/, they deliver to switzerland for £5 and are typically costing about 40% of the price in geneva!

hucklewoo, Sep 20, 2014 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Try them out in switzerland, order from some ebay trusted seller 30%-50% cheaper. You might have to pay "handling fees" but its still worth it.

Try them out in switzerland, order from some ebay trusted seller 30%-50% cheaper. You might have to pay "handling fees" but its still worth it.

konstantinos, Sep 20, 2014 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks everybody. 

I prefer to buy in the shop. I'm not shure with my size.

Thanks everybody. 

I prefer to buy in the shop. I'm not shure with my size.

Anna A, Sep 20, 2014 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Sep 20, 14 15:54

How about the size then? What size are you in UK size and in European? My shoes are European 41 so I guess 7.5 would be good?

How about the size then? What size are you in UK size and in European? My shoes are European 41 so I guess 7.5 would be good?

pomi76, Sep 20, 2014 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Ochsner Sport will be a nice place to try. Buying shoes online wont be a good idea Unless you are 100% sure about the shoes size and comfortably. People can spend tons of money on useless gears but when it comes to most important thing shoes! they want it cheap and fancy! 

Ochsner Sport will be a nice place to try. Buying shoes online wont be a good idea Unless you are 100% sure about the shoes size and comfortably. People can spend tons of money on useless gears but when it comes to most important thing shoes! they want it cheap and fancy! 

waqas s, Sep 20, 2014 @ 18:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Sep 20, 14 17:34

Every manufacturer has a slightly different mechanism so the only way to be sure is to find the shoe you want here in the size you want and then have a look on the manufacturer of the shoes for their exact UK correlations.  I use asics and for me a UK size 8.5 is equivalent to a EUR 42 as seen on

http://www.asics.co.uk/shoe-size-guide. 

So I buy them in the UK size 8.5 and they arrive here with a tag saying 42... funnily enough the shoes dont even show the UK size!

But dont rely on asics if you are looking for (eg) a Nike shoe, make sure you check with the correct manufacturer as you dont want the wrong ones being sent from afar....

Every manufacturer has a slightly different mechanism so the only way to be sure is to find the shoe you want here in the size you want and then have a look on the manufacturer of the shoes for their exact UK correlations.  I use asics and for me a UK size 8.5 is equivalent to a EUR 42 as seen on

http://www.asics.co.uk/shoe-size-guide. 

So I buy them in the UK size 8.5 and they arrive here with a tag saying 42... funnily enough the shoes dont even show the UK size!

But dont rely on asics if you are looking for (eg) a Nike shoe, make sure you check with the correct manufacturer as you dont want the wrong ones being sent from afar....

hucklewoo, Sep 20, 2014 @ 19:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

The fit can also vary according to the country of manufacture.

For instance, Reebok 36.5 made in Indonesia suits me just fine but the Thailand equivalent (same model and colour) is not so comfy.

Both pairs were bought within three months at the Geneva Manor.  I had a similar experience the following summer with similar purchases at Aeschbach in Geneva.

And in Tenerife one time I found size 36 was perfect as well as being one-third cheaper.

So I always try on my footwear before I buy.

R.

For instance, Reebok 36.5 made in Indonesia suits me just fine but the Thailand equivalent (same model and colour) is not so comfy.

Both pairs were bought within three months at the Geneva Manor.  I had a similar experience the following summer with similar purchases at Aeschbach in Geneva.

And in Tenerife one time I found size 36 was perfect as well as being one-third cheaper.

R.

Ritchie, Sep 20, 2014 @ 20:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Sep 20, 14 17:34

Usually my size is 39-40.

Usually my size is 39-40.

Anna A, Sep 20, 2014 @ 20:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

R.

Sep 20, 14 20:11

For sure I want to try in the shop. 

For sure I want to try in the shop. 

Anna A, Sep 20, 2014 @ 20:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

hey, sportsdirect is very bad quality!! :)

try Vibram five fingers

try Vibram five fingers

Siddarth R, Sep 20, 2014 @ 22:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

If you are a serious runner and are looking for shoes to match your gait try Hofstetter,  Running Planet, or New Concept Sports (NCS) for something other than Asics.

These stores will analyse your foot (NCS is the best for this because they'll watch you run outside) and help you find the best fit but unfortunately this will still be limited by their selection.

The shoes will also be 20% more expensive than outside Switzerland but...we all expect that Wink

Good luck.

If you are a serious runner and are looking for shoes to match your gait try Hofstetter,  Running Planet, or New Concept Sports (NCS) for something other than Asics.

These stores will analyse your foot (NCS is the best for this because they'll watch you run outside) and help you find the best fit but unfortunately this will still be limited by their selection.

The shoes will also be 20% more expensive than outside Switzerland but...we all expect that Wink

Good luck.

no.38, Sep 21, 2014 @ 09:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Go Sport Etembieres,

Decathlon, Geant

both in Annemasse

Go Sport Etembieres,

Decathlon, Geant

both in Annemasse

hay_, Sep 21, 2014 @ 14:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

I bought some at Running Planet, and they were excellent - they did a proper fitting and gave great advice.

I bought some at Running Planet, and they were excellent - they did a proper fitting and gave great advice.

Charlotte N, Sep 22, 2014 @ 01:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

SportXX at Balexert has a good selection and a fitting section as well.

Froilan Z, Sep 22, 2014 @ 09:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Sep 22, 14 09:03

I didnt see anything in sport XXX in Balexert(

I didnt see anything in sport XXX in Balexert(

Anna A, Sep 22, 2014 @ 09:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Anna,

Are you looking for a specific brand?  I've recently used adidas, mizuno and brooks, all of which I found at Sportxx, I believe they also have New Balance.  Otherwise, the other suggestions in the thread are pretty good ones as well.  Ochsner I've had experience with as well as Hofstetter.

Anna,

Are you looking for a specific brand?  I've recently used adidas, mizuno and brooks, all of which I found at Sportxx, I believe they also have New Balance.  Otherwise, the other suggestions in the thread are pretty good ones as well.  Ochsner I've had experience with as well as Hofstetter.

Froilan Z, Sep 22, 2014 @ 09:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Migro Sportxx

Athleticum

Ochsner Sport

Go for good quality, Nike, ASCIS, Adidas. New Balance etc, but do not get caught up in spending 100's for advanced technology running shoes which claim to offer enhanced performance and superior cushioning, it's all a load of rubbish. You need to find a pair which feels perfectly comfortable for YOUR feet.

Impossible for a single manufacturer to produce one shoe to out perform all other shoes and at the same time be suitable for everyones shape and size.

Anayway, rant over, you know what I mean,

Happy running.

Migro Sportxx

Athleticum

Ochsner Sport

Go for good quality, Nike, ASCIS, Adidas. New Balance etc, but do not get caught up in spending 100's for advanced technology running shoes which claim to offer enhanced performance and superior cushioning, it's all a load of rubbish. You need to find a pair which feels perfectly comfortable for YOUR feet.

Impossible for a single manufacturer to produce one shoe to out perform all other shoes and at the same time be suitable for everyones shape and size.

Anayway, rant over, you know what I mean,

Happy running.

Ajay Singh, Sep 22, 2014 @ 13:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

try Vibram five fingers

Sep 20, 14 22:02

...maybe try checking your facts before posting something as fact. Do you have any basis for your argument that Sportsdirect are bad quality, and what exactly do you mean? Sportsdirect isn't a manufacturer, it doesnt make shoes.  It's just a shop like any other.  It has hundreds of branches across the UK and quite a few in Europe, so I don't know how you would define or measure bad quality but they are just the same as any other shop, the goods are the real thing, and you happen to be able to order things online.

...maybe try checking your facts before posting something as fact. Do you have any basis for your argument that Sportsdirect are bad quality, and what exactly do you mean? Sportsdirect isn't a manufacturer, it doesnt make shoes.  It's just a shop like any other.  It has hundreds of branches across the UK and quite a few in Europe, so I don't know how you would define or measure bad quality but they are just the same as any other shop, the goods are the real thing, and you happen to be able to order things online.

hucklewoo, Sep 22, 2014 @ 14:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

In case you know which shoe you like you can also check on the websites of the mentioned stores if they have it in stock, e.g.

Athleticum

SportXX

In my experience, though, it is worth to go there personally as they use to have several shoes on offer (especially remaining stock).

Another store not mentioned so far is Dosenbach Sport. They do not have a huge variety, but they still have a couple of pairs from the common brands like Asics, Adidas or Nike.

In case you know which shoe you like you can also check on the websites of the mentioned stores if they have it in stock, e.g.

Athleticum

SportXX

In my experience, though, it is worth to go there personally as they use to have several shoes on offer (especially remaining stock).

Another store not mentioned so far is Dosenbach Sport. They do not have a huge variety, but they still have a couple of pairs from the common brands like Asics, Adidas or Nike.

Andreas G, Sep 22, 2014 @ 14:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Thanks! I found shoes. But I have to chose between 2 sizes.

Thanks! I found shoes. But I have to chose between 2 sizes.

Anna A, Sep 22, 2014 @ 14:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Hi Anna,

I fully support No. 38 and Charlotte N. - I bought some Brooks shoes from Running Planet a few weeks back, great service and the selection was quite good.

Happy Running!

Mickey Laughing

Hi Anna,

I fully support No. 38 and Charlotte N. - I bought some Brooks shoes from Running Planet a few weeks back, great service and the selection was quite good.

Happy Running!

Mickey Laughing

Mickey R, Sep 22, 2014 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Support the guys at Running Planet, and other local stores when you can, but in terms of price, you can't go past wiggle.co.uk - even with customs tax added, you'll save a fortune. Of course you need to know the shoe you want and your size but if you see something in the shop, then just check wiggle for prices. I note that you found a shoe but anything in the Adidas "Boost" range is a good bet.

Support the guys at Running Planet, and other local stores when you can, but in terms of price, you can't go past wiggle.co.uk - even with customs tax added, you'll save a fortune. Of course you need to know the shoe you want and your size but if you see something in the shop, then just check wiggle for prices. I note that you found a shoe but anything in the Adidas "Boost" range is a good bet.

James Olle, Sep 22, 2014 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
23 Replies | 1799 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form