Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS

CONGRATULATIONS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!!!!

(And before anyone asks, no, I don't go to the Church of the Saints, I don't own stock in the Saints, and I don't know When the Saints Go Marching In.)

Great game. Great poise under pressure. Great result!

The text you are quoting:

CONGRATULATIONS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!!!!

(And before anyone asks, no, I don't go to the Church of the Saints, I don't own stock in the Saints, and I don't know When the Saints Go Marching In.)

Great game. Great poise under pressure. Great result!

ZonkerFeb 8, 2010 @ 04:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 969 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS
Post 1

yeah, it's been years since i've seen the super bowl, but somehow it feels a bit different. perhaps it's cuz they had The Who for halftime show. They're like, ancient.

I don't know if you saw the US commercials, but I wasn't all that impressed with the quality of commercials. Guess I was expecting something better.

I suppose you have to go watch it a bar or with group of friends to get revved up watching the SB. 

yeah, it's been years since i've seen the super bowl, but somehow it feels a bit different. perhaps it's cuz they had The Who for halftime show. They're like, ancient.

I don't know if you saw the US commercials, but I wasn't all that impressed with the quality of commercials. Guess I was expecting something better.

I suppose you have to go watch it a bar or with group of friends to get revved up watching the SB. 

YouMeCo, Feb 8, 2010 @ 04:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I nearly choked on my breakfast when OH told me the saints had won the superbowl... WTH?!?

I nearly choked on my breakfast when OH told me the saints had won the superbowl... WTH?!?

Charlotte Devaney, Feb 8, 2010 @ 09:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yeah, they did it well. Down 0-10 in the first quarter Missed 4th and goal just before half time but still scored after stopping the Colts to make it 6-10. Opening kickoff for the second half was an on-side kick which New Orleans recovered. Quick strike to go up 13-10. Colts came back to make it 13-17 and then, I dunno....NO just kicked it into gear! That 2-point conversion was FANTASTIC! Put the Colts on their heels, forced a mistake from Peyton, interception and BOOM! It's all over, boys. It's all over.

Way to go, Saints!

Yeah, they did it well. Down 0-10 in the first quarter Missed 4th and goal just before half time but still scored after stopping the Colts to make it 6-10. Opening kickoff for the second half was an on-side kick which New Orleans recovered. Quick strike to go up 13-10. Colts came back to make it 13-17 and then, I dunno....NO just kicked it into gear! That 2-point conversion was FANTASTIC! Put the Colts on their heels, forced a mistake from Peyton, interception and BOOM! It's all over, boys. It's all over.

Way to go, Saints!

Zonker, Feb 8, 2010 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

So it would appear Zonker is not only technical support, he is also a commentator in his spare time....

So it would appear Zonker is not only technical support, he is also a commentator in his spare time....

Charlotte Devaney, Feb 8, 2010 @ 09:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

this is just what New Orleans needed to revive the state after Hurricane katrina. They deserved it and worked hard all season. 1st time in 40 year history that they have won the superbowl. and so great that they are showing it on european tv. one day all the planet will watch all tv from all over. from a couch potato to a couch dumpling, LOL !!

this is just what New Orleans needed to revive the state after Hurricane katrina. They deserved it and worked hard all season. 1st time in 40 year history that they have won the superbowl. and so great that they are showing it on european tv. one day all the planet will watch all tv from all over. from a couch potato to a couch dumpling, LOL !!

epicure, Feb 8, 2010 @ 09:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Like the Bears in 85-86, you could feel it was their year. I just hope the don't built a frigging dynasty (Patriots-like)!

Tough morning for a Falons fan...

Like the Bears in 85-86, you could feel it was their year. I just hope the don't built a frigging dynasty (Patriots-like)!

Tough morning for a Falons fan...

Casuistik, Feb 8, 2010 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Saints fans celebrating on Bourbon street --- think they're happy Smile after their team's fantastic victory ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50R8Rf-AVvs

Saints fans celebrating on Bourbon street --- think they're happy Smile after their team's fantastic victory ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50R8Rf-AVvs

mozambique, Feb 8, 2010 @ 10:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I was amazed at how outnumbered the Colts fans were at the Clubhouse Super Bowl party last night... The Paquis neighborhood was surprised by loud cheers around 4 am...

Too bad for Peyton Manning to lose like this. He looked devastated. But it's a wonderful boost for the city of New Orleans.

Seven months without football now :( So depressing :(

(Not to mention the possibility of no football at all in 2011 due to a labor dispute...)

I was amazed at how outnumbered the Colts fans were at the Clubhouse Super Bowl party last night... The Paquis neighborhood was surprised by loud cheers around 4 am...

Too bad for Peyton Manning to lose like this. He looked devastated. But it's a wonderful boost for the city of New Orleans.

(Not to mention the possibility of no football at all in 2011 due to a labor dispute...)

Tal A, Feb 8, 2010 @ 15:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gunna beat them Saints?"

"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gunna beat them Saints?"

Eliana P, Feb 8, 2010 @ 16:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Feb 8, 10 15:07

I am from Chicago so rooting for the colts was probably more logical choice but I was rooting for the saints.  There was just this emotional need to cheer for them.  I wanted them to win for the city and for the people there ... was an exciting game.  Just a superb performance from the Saints.....but Colts shouldnt feel bad ..take it from a Bears fan, the Colts are an awesome team as well ..

I am from Chicago so rooting for the colts was probably more logical choice but I was rooting for the saints.  There was just this emotional need to cheer for them.  I wanted them to win for the city and for the people there ... was an exciting game.  Just a superb performance from the Saints.....but Colts shouldnt feel bad ..take it from a Bears fan, the Colts are an awesome team as well ..

JustChilling, Feb 8, 2010 @ 18:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Watched it at Pickwicks and the cheers were much louder for the Saints than the Colts there as well ..

Watched it at Pickwicks and the cheers were much louder for the Saints than the Colts there as well ..

JustChilling, Feb 8, 2010 @ 18:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 969 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form